IU vs Kent State

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
It is not often you watch a basketball game and laugh as much as you cheer.
This Kent State Sincere Carry.... what a joke. How is this guy their leagues top player?
He literally throws hail Mary's practically every time he touches the ball.
He was Indiana's 6th player. 27% FG%. Took 18 shots, hit 5. With 3 TOs.
That is 21 possessions with no points by him alone.
Indiana was not playing well, but they still beat them by 11pts. Should have beat them by 20 at least.

Yea….Indiana beat a 13 seed

While we are talking about Indiana , how did 1 seed Purdue make out against 16 seed play-in team Fairleigh Dickinson ?

Yea….Indiana beat a 13 seed

While we are talking about Indiana , how did 1 seed Purdue make out against 16 seed play-in team Fairleigh Dickinson ?
I posted up about that... Purdue's weakness has been shown by Indiana (beat them twice) and Illinois and...crap can't think... was it St Peter?
Anyway... Edey is both their strength and weakness. His 7'4" 320lb, frame is almost unstoppable.
But he can't dribble, and he is slow. And on defense he is, again, a liability and a benefit. 7'4" frame means rebounds and blocked shots if you attempt to post up on him. But his slowness allows quick guards to fly past him. And that is exactly what they did.
On top of that - Purdue was COLD from the field. Exactly like Ill. and IU did - they double teamed Edey which then Purdue had to rely on outside shots... something they have struggled to maintain. When they shoot well from the field, it forces defense to cover shooters... which opens up Edey.. and the man can score. But if Purdue is not scoring from the field, that balance is gone and they are very beatable.

I posted up about that... Purdue's weakness has been shown by Indiana (beat them twice) and Illinois and...crap can't think... was it St Peter?
Anyway... Edey is both their strength and weakness. His 7'4" 320lb, frame is almost unstoppable.
But he can't dribble, and he is slow. And on defense he is, again, a liability and a benefit. 7'4" frame means rebounds and blocked shots if you attempt to post up on him. But his slowness allows quick guards to fly past him. And that is exactly what they did.
On top of that - Purdue was COLD from the field. Exactly like Ill. and IU did - they double teamed Edey which then Purdue had to rely on outside shots... something they have struggled to maintain. When they shoot well from the field, it forces defense to cover shooters... which opens up Edey.. and the man can score. But if Purdue is not scoring from the field, that balance is gone and they are very beatable.

Funny
FDU has an average height of 6’1
You would think 7’4 Edey could do what he wanted

But FDU fought them for rebounds and loose balls and out hustled them. Purdue shot like crap

What makes the tournament fun. You never know

I watched Purdue play 4 games in the regular season. To be fair they were 4 of the 5 loses. But I never did figure out why they were ranked so high all year. I am an IU grad though, so I am still happy at least till Sunday.

I watched Purdue play 4 games in the regular season. To be fair they were 4 of the 5 loses. But I never did figure out why they were ranked so high all year. I am an IU grad though, so I am still happy at least till Sunday.
Go Hoosiers!!

As bad as Purdue played, their coaching staff was worse.

With average height of FDU at 6’1, EVERY Purdue player had a height advantage, not just Edey.
EVERY Purdue player on the court was a better player than their FDU counterpart. As was the Purdue bench.

Yet the coaching staff did nothing to exploit FDU

As bad as Purdue played, their coaching staff was worse.

With average height of FDU at 6’1, EVERY Purdue player had a height advantage, not just Edey.
EVERY Purdue player on the court was a better player than their FDU counterpart. As was the Purdue bench.

Yet the coaching staff did nothing to exploit FDU
I agree with that.
I think this team was guilty of thinking more about who they faced next than FDU.
Meanwhile, FDU was in the game of their lives. They simply out hustled and had more of a desire to win.

Forum List

Back