It's Unanimous: No One Likes the Ryan Budget

It's Unanimous: No One Likes the Ryan Budget

You mean Obama budget, right?

"President Obama's budget suffered a second embarrassing defeat Wednesday, when senators voted 99-0 to reject it.

Coupled with the House's rejection in March, 414-0, that means Mr. Obama's budget has failed to win a single vote in support this year

Read more: Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate - Washington Times Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

about medicare and the cuts. They are defiantly being cut. My mom just got a letter stating that her therapy come Jan 1 will have a cap of 1200 a year. She has had so much trouble with her knee replacement because they found out her hip needs surgery now too .. Since she is close to her to what her cap will be for next year ,this year they sent a letter and said that her benefits are changing and she will not be getting as many treatments.. Tell me again how it wont change Medicare for patients because it sure is effecting my mom

Medicare Therapy Cap

Under the Balanced Budget Act (BBA) of 1997 [a Republican] Congress placed an annual cap on rehabilitation services under Medicare. As part of the Deficit Reduction Act (DRA) in 2006, [a Republican] Congress passed legislation implementing the therapy caps but authorizing the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to create and employ an exceptions process to permit medically necessary physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech language pathology services above cap. On April 14, 2011, Congressmen Jim Gerlach (R-PA) and Xavier Becerra (D-CA) and Senators Ben Cardin (D-MD) and Susan Collins (R-ME) introduced The Medicare Access to Rehabilitation Services Act (HR 1546/S 829). This legislation seeks to repeal the cap on therapy services for Medicare beneficiaries.

On February 22, 2012, President Obama signed a measure to extend the therapy cap exceptions until December 31, 2012. If Congress does not take action by December 31, 2012, a hard therapy cap will again be imposed on Medicare-covered therapy.

I bet you geniuses vote Republican, too.

Now you've done it. The 'geniuses' will need to cut and run to another thread to spread more of their ignorance with hysterical fervor.

Apparently you were correct.

These folks seem to have a reflex where anything they don't like is the fault of Obama (and probably Obamacare, where applicable). Two Republican Congresses squeeze some cash out of Medicare rehabilitation services to help achieve the goals of their "balanced budget" and "deficit reduction" legislation; must be Obamacare's fault!

I suppose if Romney were elected and implemented his version of the Ryan budget, deliberately moving up the date of the Medicare HI trust fund's exhaustion as he's promising to do, it would be Obama's fault when the trust fund goes bankrupt before the end of Romney's first term.

There is a reason GOP candidates are running away from Ryan, and there's a reason that the rank-and-file has to try and convince their parents that cuts the GOP has made to Medicare rehab services is the fault of Democrats--because when their policies stand out in the open, with no deflection, no trying to pin their effects on Obama, they look pretty bad.

I can't count the number of times I've seen folks trying to argue that Romney-Ryan are not running on things that they're explicitly running on. If what the GOP has done and what it's promising to do are so bad that one doesn't want these things associated with them, perhaps it's time to rethink the unconditional support for them.

$716 BILLION....

Oblama attacks Medicare, the ONLY person EVER to cut the program.

is it a cut that is already in effect, isit a cut that is implemented in only one year? But the Ryan budget also cuts medicare reimbursment payment 710 bilion.

What is it you like about the Ryan Budget Leweman?

How about the fact that it fucking exists????

Where are the Dems' proposals?

4 years, shit-stains, with no clear direction

:eusa_hand:

A budget has been given to the Congress for the last three years, yet it is the repubs that want to kill it every year with poisoned amndments. So there is no compromise between either party. But yet you only want to blame demo, i blame both parties in Congress.

about medicare and the cuts. They are defiantly being cut. My mom just got a letter stating that her therapy come Jan 1 will have a cap of 1200 a year. She has had so much trouble with her knee replacement because they found out her hip needs surgery now too .. Since she is close to her to what her cap will be for next year ,this year they sent a letter and said that her benefits are changing and she will not be getting as many treatments.. Tell me again how it wont change Medicare for patients because it sure is effecting my mom

Medicare Therapy Cap

Under the Balanced Budget Act (BBA) of 1997 [a Republican] Congress placed an annual cap on rehabilitation services under Medicare. As part of the Deficit Reduction Act (DRA) in 2006, [a Republican] Congress passed legislation implementing the therapy caps but authorizing the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to create and employ an exceptions process to permit medically necessary physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech language pathology services above cap. On April 14, 2011, Congressmen Jim Gerlach (R-PA) and Xavier Becerra (D-CA) and Senators Ben Cardin (D-MD) and Susan Collins (R-ME) introduced The Medicare Access to Rehabilitation Services Act (HR 1546/S 829). This legislation seeks to repeal the cap on therapy services for Medicare beneficiaries.

On February 22, 2012, President Obama signed a measure to extend the therapy cap exceptions until December 31, 2012. If Congress does not take action by December 31, 2012, a hard therapy cap will again be imposed on Medicare-covered therapy.

Lovebears65 is as toxically partisan as katzndogs and beretta304 and SniperFire and .....

Medicare Therapy Cap

Lovebears65 is as toxically partisan as katzndogs and beretta304 and SniperFire and .....

It’s almost as if they’re the same person…

Forum List

Back