It's truly unfortunate that the NRA, and republicans like me...

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
... take it upon ourselves to be the sole advocates for gun ownership.

Clearly there are others eagerly awaiting the chance to take up the mantle:

Senate Democrats objected Thursday to an attempt by Kay Bailey Hutchinson, R-Texas, to take up House-passed legislation that would roll back District of Columbia gun laws.

Majority Whip Richard J. Durbin , D-Ill., objected, calling the bill an attempt “take away the authority” of the city to write its own gun laws.

Hutchinson said it is “the prerogative of Congress” to make laws affecting the District.

Gun-rights advocates say the District government is not abiding by a Supreme Court decision in District of Columbia v. Heller that voided the city’s handgun ban in June. The D.C. City Council promulgated temporary laws in July, and another set of temporary laws Sept. 16. City officials are working on permanent ones.

Durbin said he was acting on behalf of 11 Democratic senators who signed a letter expressing concern “about proceeding to this bill without hearing from local and federal law enforcement officials and other interested parties.”

The senators who signed the letter include Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York and Dianne Feinstein of California, who had vowed to filibuster the measure after the House passed it 266-152 on Sept. 17.

Hutchinson and 46 other senators wrote a letter on Sept. 18 to Majority Leader Harry Reid , D-Nev., asking for floor time for the measure before the end of the 110th Congress.

CQ Politics | Senate Democrats Block Rollback of D.C. Gun Laws

I wonder what Sen. Durbin would say if, for example, Tulsa decided to segregate public schools? Maybe he'd borrow Sen. Obama's line about the Constitution working in certain areas and not others.

Speaking of Sen. Obama, who's running on a platform of "change":

They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | UrbanPolicy

Apparently "change" means embracing failed Clinton policies of the mid-90's. Oh well, so long as we get barrel shrouds and bayonet lugs off the street, I guess.

Obviously there is not longer a need for the NRA, and Republicans like me take it upon ourselves to be the sole advocates for gun ownership.

The Second Amendment will be in great hands!

::;

Anyway, school starts in 8 hours so I will be away for a few weeks, though I promise to check in on Nov. 5th to either (1) gloat my face off or (2) eat some major libtard crow :D

Have a great 5 weeks (yes, even liberals) and best of luck to your candidate.

-Ninja

Yes, again. It is a fucking shame. On Friday I was talking drunken politics with no less than 12 motherfucker who were both Dems and gun owners. Make sure you don't bring up the latest GOP policy on immigration while you point out a disconnect between politicians and voters.

Dem, Liberal, Retired Marine, Multiple Gun Owner.

Just another abortion wedge issue to confuse the voters.

its a shame that the NRA uses blatant lies in their ads to scare voters into voting for mccain

Forum List

Back