It's time...Wake up little lemmings!

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h2><a href=http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/31/opinion/printable652488.shtml>Even Republicans Fear Bush</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>by John Nichols - Oct. 31, 2004

The most divisive election campaign in recent American history has not merely split the nation along party lines, it has split the Grand Old Party itself. Unfortunately, most Americans are wholly unaware of the loud dissents against Bush that has begun to be heard in Republican circles.

If the United States had major media that covered politics, as opposed to the political spin generated by the Bush White House and the official campaigns of both the Republican president and his Democratic challenger, one of the most fascinating, and significant, stories of the 2004 election season would be the abandonment of the Bush reelection effort by senior Republicans. But this is a story that, for the most part, has gone untold. Scant attention was paid to the revelation that one Republican member of the U.S. Senate, Rhode Island's Lincoln Chafee, will refrain from voting for his party's president -- despite the fact that Chafee offered a far more thoughtful critique of George W. Bush's presidency than "Zig-Zag" Zell Miller, the frothing, Democrat-hating Democrat did when he condemned his party's nominee. Beyond the minimal attention to Chafee, most media has neglected the powerful, and often poignant, condemnations of Bush by prominent Republicans.

Former Republican members of the U.S. Senate and House, governors, ambassadors, aides to GOP Presidents Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan and George Herbert Walker Bush have explicitly endorsed the campaign of Democrat John Kerry. For many of these lifelong Republicans, their vote for Kerry will be a first Democratic vote. But, in most cases, it will not be a hesitant one.

Angered by the Bush administration's mismanagement of the war in Iraq, record deficits, assaults on the environment and secrecy, the renegade partisans tend to echo the words of former Minnesota Governor Elmer Andersen, who says that, "Although I am a longtime Republican, it is time to make a statement, and it is this: Vote for Kerry-Edwards, I implore you, on November 2."</blockquote>

Indeed, we have heard little of this dissension within Republican ranks, beyond the name-calling and pooh-poohing of the Administration spin-meisters and its supporters. When party elders sit up and say "Vote Democrat!" there is obviously something very rotten in Washington and at the core of the GOP.

You're right, Bully - we haven't heard much about this at all. That's not surprising, though. You just know that Cronkite, Halperin, and Rather have been fighting hard to keep the lid on this thing - giving the favored Republicans yet another free pass. It's downright scandalous.

Where do you find these bits of wishful dreaming - Terry McAuliffe's garbage can?

Bully, I can tell you the honest truth here. Im a Republican. ive been once since i could register to vote. And there is nothing President Bush has done to ever make me fear him. Thus your entire argument is stupid. Your attempt to broadly brush Republicans as fearing the President is ridiculous. I am pretty sure being a Republican i have a little better idea of what Republicans think and feel.

This all from the guy who knows Republicans more than they know themselves. I have heard more Democrats going for Bush than Republicans going for Kerry.

What is Kerry's plan that would make Republicans vote for him? Do you even know? The man is unpredictable. He will NOT use force to fight terror.

Bullypulpit said:
Indeed, we have heard little of this dissension within Republican ranks, beyond the name-calling and pooh-poohing of the Administration spin-meisters and its supporters. When party elders sit up and say "Vote Democrat!" there is obviously something very rotten in Washington and at the core of the GOP.

Thanks Bully. I have finally seen the light. I bow to your wisdom. You have convince me to support kerry.

Since kerry has gained my vote, there will be no reason for you to go to the polls tomorrow.

Trust me.

:D

dilloduck said:
Bully likes to post crap to see how many responses he gets---it's sorta like a silent fart instead of a flame. :rock:

Sounds about right to me, That dude is a dumbass i'm a republican and i aint skeered. Matter in fact i'm more scared of Kerry's dumbass destroying this country as we know it.

I tell you if Kerry is elected he will go down in history as the President that made Carter look good.

You're dreaming if you think that many Republicans will not vote for Bush and will vote for Kerry. While some might not like all of Bush's policies (and when don't some supporters like all the policies of their party's nominee?), they agree with him on a hell of a lot more issues than they agree with Kerry on.

theim said:
I tell you if Kerry is elected he will go down in history as the President that made Carter look good.

Which is why Kerry as President is very frightening. Because he will help the Iranians get nuclear weapons and we will see a bomb go off somewhere.

bully,

the us govt. has done a study of people with traits such as yours and they have concluded that you are too dumb to know it. :bat:

Why is it when someone post something contrary to the hardliner view it’s responded to with childish remarks, insults and profanity. Is that the best you can do to debate a topic?

White knight said:
Why is it when someone post something contrary to the hardliner view it’s responded to with childish remarks, insults and profanity. Is that the best you can do to debate a topic?

Probably because Bully has been making the same posts for the past 5 months and they really dont change that much. Not to mention its based on an arrogant assumption that an Anti Bush lib is better qualified to tell Republicans what they think then Republicans are.

That and half the people here are brand new to the site and are still getting adjusted.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h2><a href=http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/31/opinion/printable652488.shtml>Even Republicans Fear Bush</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>by John Nichols - Oct. 31, 2004

The most divisive election campaign in recent American history has not merely split the nation along party lines, it has split the Grand Old Party itself. Unfortunately, most Americans are wholly unaware of the loud dissents against Bush that has begun to be heard in Republican circles.

If the United States had major media that covered politics, as opposed to the political spin generated by the Bush White House and the official campaigns of both the Republican president and his Democratic challenger, one of the most fascinating, and significant, stories of the 2004 election season would be the abandonment of the Bush reelection effort by senior Republicans. But this is a story that, for the most part, has gone untold. Scant attention was paid to the revelation that one Republican member of the U.S. Senate, Rhode Island's Lincoln Chafee, will refrain from voting for his party's president -- despite the fact that Chafee offered a far more thoughtful critique of George W. Bush's presidency than "Zig-Zag" Zell Miller, the frothing, Democrat-hating Democrat did when he condemned his party's nominee. Beyond the minimal attention to Chafee, most media has neglected the powerful, and often poignant, condemnations of Bush by prominent Republicans.

Former Republican members of the U.S. Senate and House, governors, ambassadors, aides to GOP Presidents Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan and George Herbert Walker Bush have explicitly endorsed the campaign of Democrat John Kerry. For many of these lifelong Republicans, their vote for Kerry will be a first Democratic vote. But, in most cases, it will not be a hesitant one.

Angered by the Bush administration's mismanagement of the war in Iraq, record deficits, assaults on the environment and secrecy, the renegade partisans tend to echo the words of former Minnesota Governor Elmer Andersen, who says that, "Although I am a longtime Republican, it is time to make a statement, and it is this: Vote for Kerry-Edwards, I implore you, on November 2."</blockquote>

operate a computer... Maybe someone's doing it for bully... You know like mommy cutting up his meat for him....hehehehehehehehehehe

I agree with white knight on that...none of you debated him just said some BS which maybe that is what his statement was is BS but prove it..Anyways Bully I'm a conservitve Independent, I wouldn't vote for Kerry if he was the only canidate. Bush will win caus ethe public see's Kerry and his lies.

wolvie20m said:
I agree with white knight on that...none of you debated him just said some BS which maybe that is what his statement was is BS but prove it..Anyways Bully I'm a conservitve Independent, I wouldn't vote for Kerry if he was the only canidate. Bush will win caus ethe public see's Kerry and his lies.

I've been here for quite a while, as has Bully. By now, I'm used to his rambling drivel. Debating Bully is almost impossible as he (more often than not) doesnt stick around long enough to post a reply, let alone complete a debate.

White knight said:
Why is it when someone post something contrary to the hardliner view it&#8217;s responded to with childish remarks, insults and profanity. Is that the best you can do to debate a topic?

Do you actually consider this tripe worthy of debate?

wolvie20m said:

There is no point in wasting keystrokes in a vain attempt to post a rational response to BP. All you get in return is sarcasm. We're just beating him to the punch. Bully is getting the responses he has earned.

Forum List

Back