It's Time To Redefine So-Called "Privacy"

bush lover

Feb 18, 2005
Our leaders are telling us that we have to revise our expectations of privacy. No problem with me. ATT or Verizon can send all of my emails, internet activity and phone calls to our Government to review. I have nothing to hide. Unlike some of the leftists on this and other sites, I support our troops, our nation and our President without question. I am not a traitor. I trust our Government to do the right thing with my personal communications. And I am confident the agents in the Government will see that I am a totally loyal American who trusts our government and corporations to guard our information. After all, our Government is very efficient and competent under our President Bush and Vice President Cheney, who after all need full access to our personal information so they can protect us from Bin Laden, unlike the skirt-chasing Clinton who let the Evil-Doers go!

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hJKgeE0Z-SivATjok-utYBdh9wDwD8SRK4LG0

Our leaders are telling us that we have to revise our expectations of privacy. No problem with me. ATT or Verizon can send all of my emails, internet activity and phone calls to our Government to review. I have nothing to hide. Unlike some of the leftists on this and other sites, I support our troops, our nation and our President without question. I am not a traitor. I trust our Government to do the right thing with my personal communications. And I am confident the agents in the Government will see that I am a totally loyal American who trusts our government and corporations to guard our information. After all, our Government is very efficient and competent under our President Bush and Vice President Cheney, who after all need full access to our personal information so they can protect us from Bin Laden, unlike the skirt-chasing Clinton who let the Evil-Doers go!

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hJKgeE0Z-SivATjok-utYBdh9wDwD8SRK4LG0

Seems to me if you read the article without spinning it, Congress is looking at the issue.

While I don't agree with blanket immunity in this particular case, I DO think it makes perfect sense to review and/or revise where necessary obsolete legislation.

I like to head the off at the pass and send them e mails chronicaling bush and cheney's war crimes and 911 truth I have the FBI, homeland security on my favorites list

Your name is probably already on the kook list and your rantings summarily deleted.

Just think ... the US government probably has a MUCH bigger COnspiracy Theory forum with someone WAY more important moving your stuff to it. :rofl:

I have to say... I am against the federal government seizing private email without a court order.

The Fourth
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

if the fed argues that it cannot fight terrorism without the ability to snoop private email then an aversion must be created to circumvent abuse.

100K reward per erroneous infraction upon privacy.

It's time for a privacy amendment.

if the fed argues that it cannot fight terrorism without the ability to snoop private email then an aversion must be created to circumvent abuse.

Sooner or later, it'll be argued that the government can not fight terrorism with the constitution even in place at ALL.

We're one new big event away from mirroring Pakistan right now.

hopefully those who are opposing such views will remind everyone that it is our constitution that separates us from them. I don't think America is ready to roll over just yet. when push comes to shove we'll see a lot more Ruby Ridge than wholesale compliance to such, I think.

However, for those who INSIST on an option to ignore privacy for the sake of Community safety we can add a penalty program to compensate for the violation of individual 4th amendment protection.

10k-100k per instance of erroneous invasion into privacy. I cannot fathom how email is not covered by the 4th.

Our leaders are telling us that we have to revise our expectations of privacy. No problem with me. ATT or Verizon can send all of my emails, internet activity and phone calls to our Government to review. I have nothing to hide. Unlike some of the leftists on this and other sites, I support our troops, our nation and our President without question. I am not a traitor. I trust our Government to do the right thing with my personal communications. And I am confident the agents in the Government will see that I am a totally loyal American who trusts our government and corporations to guard our information. After all, our Government is very efficient and competent under our President Bush and Vice President Cheney, who after all need full access to our personal information so they can protect us from Bin Laden

This sounds like a parody.

hopefully those who are opposing such views will remind everyone that it is our constitution that separates us from them. I don't think America is ready to roll over just yet. when push comes to shove we'll see a lot more Ruby Ridge than wholesale compliance to such, I think.

However, for those who INSIST on an option to ignore privacy for the sake of Community safety we can add a penalty program to compensate for the violation of individual 4th amendment protection.

10k-100k per instance of erroneous invasion into privacy. I cannot fathom how email is not covered by the 4th.

I'm interested to know at just what point you believe the convenience of the individual supercedes the rights of the many.

I've always gone on the premise that anything I say or do could be seen or overheard.

It also seems to me that anyone bored enough to eavesdrop on me getting the "honey-do" list needs to get a life.

If you aren't doing anything wrong, what's to fear?

I'm interested to know at just what point you believe the convenience of the individual supercedes the rights of the many.

I've always gone on the premise that anything I say or do could be seen or overheard.

It also seems to me that anyone bored enough to eavesdrop on me getting the "honey-do" list needs to get a life.

If you aren't doing anything wrong, what's to fear?

It's the principal of liberty that we are preserving. If we can cut corners then whats the point? There is no right of the many to read my email. Just as we protect the private communication that is snail mail we must also preserve privacy on the internet. The article above is so orwellian that even Pat Robertson seemed wary of it. Sure, it's easy to say that no one has anything to fear while the mitigating variable is muslim terrorism...

but then when the next mitigating variable is guns? christianity? take your pick. I'd prefere to think a couple moves ahead in this chess game rather than hand over my privacy just because it currently feels good to take a crap on muslims.

If we accept the broadest interpretation of each amendment in the bill of rights it's not question that "reinterpreting privacy" is unconstitutional.

I agree with Shogun, it's the principle of the thing.

Why should we, the people, "change our definition" of privacy? Privacy is privacy. And claiming you don't have anything to hide is the STUPIDEST excuse for losing your right to privacy imo. Frankly, knowing that some government jerk may be nosing into my personal emails or listening to my phone conversations is rather disturbing.

I'm all for the government doing their job to protect us but I see nothing wrong with them getting a court order as they can still move quickly if it is a rush case and they can get the court order afterwards. Giving the government carte blanche to nose into everyone's private business is just asking for trouble imo.

I bet the left and the right can agree on an amendment protecting privacy rights..

just think of the fallout for other issues once pirvacy were clarified.

Forum List

Back