It's Time To Publish A Master List Of All Adults Who DON'T Own Firearms

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by TruthSeeker56, Dec 29, 2012.

1. TruthSeeker56

TruthSeeker56 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    If the names of concealed carry permit holders in parts of New York are being published, then it seems to me that the names of all adults in the United States who DO NOT own firearms should also be published.

All of the people who are pro gun control, and demand that all law-abiding citizens should be banned from owning firearms, and believe that they don't NEED firearms to protect themselves, should be willing to put their NAMES and ADDRESSES behind their beliefs.

Those of us who do own firearms can be identified any number of ways. I personally don't have a problem with EVERYBODY knowing that I own several firearms. Criminals aren't going to mess with me. They'll "ply their trades" on "soft targets", like people who don't own firearms, and at places that are posted as "gun-free zones". If they make the mistake of messing with me and my family, it will be their FINAL mistake.

OK, anti-gun people.............it's time to identify yourselves. STAND UP for your beliefs. SHOW everybody that you are not COWARDS. PROVE to the rest of us that bringing a knife to a gunfight is a great idea for everybody.

2. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,421
    They are, it's called a phone book.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,294
    Only about 1 in 3 households in the US have firearms yet most Americans do support the right of individuals to own firearms. Just because someone does not own a gun does not mean they oppose gun ownership. Likewise, because someone favors additional controls on gun sales, does not mean they oppose individual ownership.

Gun permit information, like most government permits are public record and can be published. The lack of a gun permit is not public record. Publishing such a list, could be consider invasion of privacy.

4. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +28,279

You have weird fantasies. Perhaps the warnings about mixing guns and medications are correct.

So -- if you "don't have a problem with EVERYBODY knowing you own several firearms" -- why would you be ashamed of being published as such?

Personally, I don't do guns because it's stupid to take a testy situation and escalate it. That temperance has never got me into trouble, even in the seediest areas. Understanding where you are and what it's made of is far better than simply trying to overpower it. That's my outlook anyway. But I don't need a permit for that attitude -- because it's not deadly.

Then again I don't believe this world is made up of "us and them" humans and subhumans. That "good and evil" dichotomy. If I whipped myself up to that kind of paranoia it might take me to a different outlook. I don't know. But I figure why should I put myself in that hole in the first place? So I don't. I've never really lived in comic books. Or spaghetti westerns.

So what list would that put me on? Between your first and second paragraphs you're asking for two different things. Frankly the simplistic thinking that if you don't care for guns, then you're trying to take them away, is as fallacious as the idea that the only way to meet violence is with more violence. It just ain't that facile. To pretend it is is at best lazy and at worst dishonest.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  5. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,672
    Oh really?!?! Then explain this.

Stalking suspect dead after overpowering arresting officer, taking gun, wounding 3 | Fox News

Having lots of guns around doesn't seem to have prevented this. Imagine a school where the teachers are armed. That would seem to be a "soft target" for getting a gun and going on a rampage.

6. TruthSeeker56

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    Concealed Carry Permits are NOT a matter of public record in all 50 states. Each state has their own individual gun laws.

I am not "ashamed" that I own guns and have a concealed carry permit. So does my wife. If somebody wants to publish my name in some leftist bird-cage liner, go right ahead. I especially want the CRIMINALS to know who I am, and that I am armed at all times. I want my friends and other family members who don't have firearms or CCPs to know that I've got their back and I'll protect them if the occasion arises.

You go ahead and defend yourself from violent criminals with a steak knife or a baseball bat or a lamp or whatever other "defense plan" you have. That's your choice. You obviously have a death wish.

7. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,421
    I see you think that a gun is the only way to defend yourself.

8. TruthSeeker56

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    Is this the BEST you can do to counter my argument? The "all or nothing" concept? If a criminal with a gun confronts you, what are YOU going to do about it? Overpower him? Cower in fear? Grab a chair or lamp and throw it at him?

Law enforcement people get overpowered and have their weapons compromised. You see it on TV all the time. NOTHING is absolute and NOTHING is perfect.

Try again, except next time make your point like an intelligent ADULT.

9. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,892
    [​IMG]

10. TruthSeeker56

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    A gun is the only way to defend myself if my opponent has a gun. I suppose you don't agree with that either? What would you do if somebody had a gun and threatened to use it on you? TALK him into submission? Offer him money? Offer him your body?

Once again, ANOTHER stupid response. "All or nothing". YOU and your ilk should NEVER be allowed anywhere near a firearm. You're too ignorant and immature to figure out which end is the "business" end.