It's Time To Change Pitchers People!

Rottweiler - And when you provide a source for the $15 trillion figure, I'll be happy to answer it.

My "source" is 4 years of living under the Obama Administration. See, this is the problem with you as I have pointed out on many occasions now. You're over there in Europe with zero idea of what's going on in the United States, yet you comment on everything that you are uninformed on.

When Barack Obama took office, the national debt stood at $10 trillion (actually 9 and a whole lot of change, but I'll round up for simplicity). Today it stands at over $16 trillion. Now, he hasn't even been in office for 4 years, but again I'll round up for simplicity's sake. That comes to $6 trillion over 4 years or $1.5 trillion per year.

So, if you multiply $1.5 trillion by 10 (years) you get $15 trillion. It's a combination of knowing what is going on in this country and simple math. Now that you know the "source" and the facts, care to comment?

what we owe to foreigners is but a fraction of our liabilities,

Well, you are right in that only one third of the debt is off-shore, but you do owe China 1,153.6 billion dollars, and Japan 1,121.5 billion. You owe Switzerland more than 200 billion dollars.

Of course spending needs to be cut dramatically whoever wins the election to ensure the debt level does not rise further, but the more urgent question is how to pay back what has already been borrowed.

Romney's solution of tax cuts will potentially reduce federal revenues by a further $5 trillion over 10 years - I don't see how that helps.

Why do stores have Sales then? What is the end result of a Sale in relation to increased Revenue? Why is thios so hard to grasp?

Just a Reminder. No Name Calling, No Accusations against Other Posters, here. State Your Point. No Flame Wars. If You Make a Claim, Please Be Prepared To Back it Up.

Listening -

Can you tell us by what % debt increased under the last three Republican Presidents?

Is THAT what you want to bet on, becaus Romney's policies seem to be exactly the same?

Did you ever get a response to this?

So Obama increases it by more than ALL presidents COMBINED in US history, but you want to focus on 3 specific Republican's?!?!

Furthermore, what 3 seperate Republican's have done is NO indication on any level of what Romney will do. Obama has a record, and it is a failed record of massive debt. It's time to make a change, and everyone here knows it, including the Democrats.

You're not truly concerned about the debt, because of you were, you'd be attacking Obama relentlessly.

It's pretty remarkable - Obama has added more to the national debt in 3 years than Bush did in 8 (and Bush was pretty bad about deficit spending).

You'd think if you were anti-Romney, pro-Obama, the last thing you'd want to bring up is deficit spending. :rofl:

Listening -

Can you tell us by what % debt increased under the last three Republican Presidents?

Is THAT what you want to bet on, becaus Romney's policies seem to be exactly the same?

Nope.

And despite asking Rottweiler 5 times, I never got him to back up his claim that the Obama adminsitration had admitted that the $5 trillion was a lie.

Rottie -

Let's try again, shall we?

The Obama Administration themselves are admitting it's a lie!!!

Can you back up that claim, please?

Why do stores have Sales then? What is the end result of a Sale in relation to increased Revenue? Why is thios so hard to grasp?

Because obsolete our outdated merchandise has been written down on the balance sheet.

It allows stores to boost cashflow or increase market share whilst not technically hitting revenues.

What this has to do with the sovereign debt I'm not quite sure.

Listening -

So Obama increases it by more than ALL presidents COMBINED in US history, but you want to focus on 3 specific Republican's?!?!

Furthermore, what 3 seperate Republican's have done is NO indication on any level of what Romney will do. Obama has a record, and it is a failed record of massive debt. It's time to make a change, and everyone here knows it, including the Democrats.

You're not truly concerned about the debt, because of you were, you'd be attacking Obama relentlessly.

Still no response....telling.

It's pretty remarkable - Obama has added more to the national debt in 3 years than Bush did in 8 (and Bush was pretty bad about deficit spending).

You'd think if you were anti-Romney, pro-Obama, the last thing you'd want to bring up is deficit spending. :rofl:

that's not true ... no surprises....

US-national-debt-GDP.png

Last edited:

That is an amazing indictment of Reaganomics, isn't it?

I thought it was more of an indictment of how much a liberal could run up the debt in just 3 years.

Well, it is that too, I guess!!

But that doesn't change the fact that figure above Reagan's name is 190% (increase).

Obama's reads 45%.

A lot of posters on this forum will tell you how great life was under Reagan - hardly surprising given he upped the national debt by 190%, is it?

That is an amazing indictment of Reaganomics, isn't it?

I thought it was more of an indictment of how much a liberal could run up the debt in just 3 years.

Well, it is that too, I guess!!

But that doesn't change the fact that figure above Reagan's name is 190% (increase).

Obama's reads 45%.

A lot of posters on this forum will tell you how great life was under Reagan - hardly surprising given he upped the national debt by 190%, is it?

45% in just 3 years, 4.73 in just 3 years, Reagan 1.77 trillion in 8 years

Which president has hurt the economy more, Reagan or Obama?

Miester -

Granted Obama has only been in office 4 years, but still:

In descending order:

Reagan 190% increase

GW Bush 86%

GH Bush 52%

Obama 45%

Clinton 37%

The top 3 spenders are Republicans. The bottom 2 are Democrats, correct?

Miester -

Granted Obama has only been in office 4 years, but still:

In descending order:

Reagan 190% increase

GW Bush 86%

GH Bush 52%

Obama 45%

Clinton 37%

The top 3 spenders are Republicans. The bottom 2 are Democrats, correct?
Our economy had flourished from Reagan to Bush's tenure until the democrats took control of the Senate and Congress. You do realize that Reagan had double digit unemployment and a runaway inflation to deal with, right? Remember those 20% APR for home mortgages?

New Topics

Forum List

Back