Its time for the Democrats to lock up the Senate for good

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
While the Democrats are in control, its time for them to push for the District of Columbia to be properly represented in Congress.
Two Senators and one Representative would give the Democrats a huge margin in the Senate that will be hard for the republicans to overcome

While the Democrats are in control, its time for them to push for the District of Columbia to be properly represented in Congress.
Two Senators and one Representative would give the Democrats a huge margin in the Senate that will be hard for the republicans to overcome

Would require a constitutional amendment

Harry Reid will lose his seat and in NJ where Dead Democrats Voters outnumber Living Republicans Gov Corzine is in a horse race.

Dream On, McDoof

Harry Reid will lose his seat and in NJ where Dead Democrats Voters outnumber Living Republicans Gov Corzine is in a horse race.

Dream On, McDoof

Corzine is no longer in the Senate McDoof

Dream On, McDoof

Corzine in the Dem Governor of one of the worst run single party controlled states in the nation (MI is still the worst) and even against a stupid boob of a Republican candidate ACORN is going to have to work OVERTIME making up votes to keep him driving the state to bankruptcy.

Corzine will probably win, but I'm shorting Dem futures in this market

You want the Dems to rig the senate for perpetual one party rule.

Do I really have to explain to you why this is unamerican?

They shouldn't grant DC voting rights out of some cynical attempt to rig the Senate. They should do it because it is an abomination to have a district with more residents than the entire state of Wyoming not allowed any voice whatsoever in national politics while still paying their full amount of taxes. It is unamerican.

They shouldn't grant DC voting rights out of some cynical attempt to rig the Senate. They should do it because it is an abomination to have a district with more residents than the entire state of Wyoming not allowed any voice whatsoever in national politics while still paying their full amount of taxes. It is unamerican.

Actually it isn't, they set up the DC that way for a reason.

They should petition to join the state of Virginia if they feel they need senate representation, as they are NOT a state.

Dream On, McDoof

Corzine in the Dem Governor of one of the worst run single party controlled states in the nation (MI is still the worst) and even against a stupid boob of a Republican candidate ACORN is going to have to work OVERTIME making up votes to keep him driving the state to bankruptcy.

Speaking of stupid boobs, you do realize that both the Senate and AG of Michigan are controlled by the GOP?

Speaking of stupid boobs, you do realize that both the Senate and AG of Michigan are controlled by the GOP?

Honey? I racked up more frequent flyer miles to MI than you've had stupid ideas. Engler left the Dems a state that was the envy of the nation and in ONE TERM ONE FUCKING TERM Dems have taxed and spent it into oblivion

Honey? I racked up more frequent flyer miles to MI than you've had stupid ideas. Engler left the Dems a state that was the envy of the nation and in ONE TERM ONE FUCKING TERM Dems have taxed and spent it into oblivion

Engler also left a state that still had a functioning auto industry, a major blow to the state in the past several years regardless of how you cut it.

And again, at no point in the past 20 years (at least) have the Democrats had "single party control"

The GOP has had at least the House, the Senate, or Governor's office at all times. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant though. CAPS LOCK FUCKING MORE IT MAKES YOUR POINT.

Engler also left a state that still had a functioning auto industry, a major blow to the state in the past several years regardless of how you cut it.

And again, at no point in the past 20 years (at least) have the Democrats had "single party control"

The GOP has had at least the House, the Senate, or Governor's office at all times. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant though. CAPS LOCK FUCKING MORE IT MAKES YOUR POINT.

Engler: tax cuts
Granholm: tax increases.

See the difference?

they are NOT a state.

You are right, they are not a state, that should be rectified. Or else we should just go ahead and force Wyoming to have it's Senator's absorbed by a nearby state as well.
Since this escapes you:

state of wyoming - Google Images

By that logic, Alaska should have about 150 Reps. Of course DC has more population. But I guess that the GOP has never been big on the one man one vote thing.

Engler: tax cuts
Granholm: tax increases.

See the difference?

So explain to me how exactly these "tax increases" affected business in Michigan. And if they harmed the state, why did the GOP let them pass?

And why do you call it one party rule when it so clearly is not?

Forum List

Back