It's Time For A Flat Tax.

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
All the supporters for so called progressive punitive taxes have some bitter pills to swallow with the undeniable success of the flat tax in other countries.

The Rise Of The Flat Tax Gives Us Morning In Albania - Forbes

russia.bmp

Here's a simple example

Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data | Tax Foundation

In 2009 the total income tax revenue was 865.8 Billion

In 2009 the total of all personal income was about 12 Trillion dollars.

Total Personal Income U.S. and All States

That works out to an effective tax rate of about 7% on all personal income.

This is not AGI mind you but gross personal income.

If we instituted a flat tax of of 10% on all personal income our tax revenue in 2009 would have been 1.2 Trillion dollars.

If we lower the corporate income tax to the same flat rate we'll see even more revenue as businesses will no longer have incentive to keep money off shore.

Our taxes would be simple to file and there is absolutely no room to cheat or evade taxes.

We would be able to gut the IRS and save billions of dollars.

We wouldn't have to hire accountants and tax attorneys anymore.

And we get to keep 90% of what we earn every year.

How can anyone oppose this simple yet elegant plan?

I don't think anyone should be exempt from income taxes.

And 10% is not much to ask of anyone.

What's the point of forcing someone who is facing hardship to pay their pittance? The economy isn't built on the back of making poor people pay pennies. I'm fine with the flat tax once a person hits a certain mark. Also, all the other consumption taxes and social security already hit the poor the hardest.

What's the point of forcing someone who is facing hardship to pay their pittance? The economy isn't built on the back of making poor people pay pennies. I'm fine with the flat tax once a person hits a certain mark.

We'll have to disagree.

I don't believe there should be any deductions at all for anyone.

Unequal treatment of some is what got us our abomination of a tax code that we are burdened with currently.

I am not for flat tax with UE benefits. It could work with basic wage.

The reason is that it would really make being unemployed a good option. No one is going to take that first job if it hardly pays as much as the UE benefits due to the tax burden. In fact no one should pay any taxes on an income equal to UE benefits.

This is also one reason why the minimum wage is useless. UE benefits already take care of it.

What's the point of forcing someone who is facing hardship to pay their pittance? The economy isn't built on the back of making poor people pay pennies. I'm fine with the flat tax once a person hits a certain mark.

We'll have to disagree.

Unequal treatment of some is what got us our abomination of a tax code that we are burdened with currently.

There's a difference between being fair and sympathetic and exploiting other people's success.

I believe everybody in America should be taxed at the same rate. There's almost 51% of the population that pay no federal income tax at all. Freedom isn't free. It should cost everybody the same thing to call themselves an American.

All the supporters for so called progressive punitive taxes have some bitter pills to swallow with the undeniable success of the flat tax in other countries.

russia.bmp

Here's a simple example

If we instituted a flat tax of of 10% on all personal income our tax revenue in 2009 would have been 1.2 Trillion dollars.

If we lower the corporate income tax to the same flat rate we'll see even more revenue as businesses will no longer have incentive to keep money off shore.

Our taxes would be simple to file and there is absolutely no room to cheat or evade taxes.

Many will fight it.
HR Block and such companies will spend their last dime fighting it. As trhey are a parasitic industry living off of our complicated tax system.

the poor who get more money back than they paid in will fight it.

Congress will fight it since it does not allow them to repay lobbyists favors with favorable tax rates for a specific industry, etc.

And of course it would increase the number of unemployed in the IRS and tax prep industries.

I am not for flat tax with UE benefits. It could work with basic wage.

The reason is that it would really make being unemployed a good option. No one is going to take that first job if it hardly pays as much as the UE benefits due to the tax burden. In fact no one should pay any taxes on an income equal to UE benefits.

This is also one reason why the minimum wage is useless. UE benefits already take care of it.

Unemployment benefits are based on your past and / or current wages and are different for everyone so if you have not worked you cannot collect unemployment.

We'll have to disagree.

There's a difference between being fair and sympathetic and exploiting other people's success.

It's a matter of opinion I guess.

I'm of the mind that if any law is too egregious for some then it is so for all.

russia.bmp

Here's a simple example

Many will fight it.
HR Block and such companies will spend their last dime fighting it. As trhey are a parasitic industry living off of our complicated tax system.

the poor who get more money back than they paid in will fight it.

Congress will fight it since it does not allow them to repay lobbyists favors with favorable tax rates for a specific industry, etc.

And of course it would increase the number of unemployed in the IRS and tax prep industries.

Government jobs don't add to tax revenues anyway so losing some will be no big deal.

The extra money that people will have in their pockets will ignite the economy because all that money will be saved, spent or invested all of which serve to grow GDP

Come on Moonbats, there have to some of you out there who will try to tell us that a flat tax will ruin the country.

Where are you?

Come on Moonbats, there have to some of you out there who will try to tell us that a flat tax will ruin the country.

Where are you?

It's not the most perfect solution for sure, but it's much better than what we have now. If I was a congressman I'd vote for it, with certain reservations...mainly that it most likely wouldn't be a stepping stone to something even better, because that just doesn't happen with this government.

We'll have to disagree.

It's a matter of opinion I guess.

I'm of the mind that if any law is too egregious for some then it is so for all.

There's just no point of taxing people in poverty only so they can apply to a program to get it back. Cut out the middle man. Also, it's an incentive for some to get the to a point that they can willfully contribute.

I'm for the flat tax, but I don't have a problem with those below the poverty line not paying taxes.
taxation is "taking people's money". Taking O.P.M. is a "necessary evil", that should only be undertaken, with the most extreme caution, equity, and neutrality.

Now, once taxes are taken; if poor people are a cause of concern for Society; then taxes can be spent on Public assistance. An equitable, neutral, and fair flat tax (for revenues); Public assistance programs (with expenditures). You can have the "best of both worlds".

Lets base our tax structure on Russia!

Never thought I'd hear the right wing sink so low

Explain a flat tax that will not cut down the tax obligation of the wealthy while raising it for the poor

Forum List

Back