Its the spots!

The sun has been amazingly quiet the last year plus. It is suspected that when it 'fires up' again, it will be a hot summer indeed and possibly a very warm winter too. I'm fine with that. we've had some bloody cold ones as of late.

Very interesting article.

One should note that while Europe was cold, the rest of the world was quite a bit warmer. In fact, in spite of a strong La Nina, and the severe derth of sunspots, 2008 came in at either 8th or 10th warmest on record. And 2009 essetially tied the second warmest on record.

So thus far, if the sunspots do indeed indicate less energy recieved from the sun, and the solar observing satellites indicate this was the case, although the decline was slight, then the fact that there was little impact on the increase in heat in the atmosphere and ocean, seems to indicate that the GHGs are a major influence on the heat balance of the earths surface.

• Banned
Yeah but what do you think will happen when it explodes with energy again? It could have a great impact on the temp of the earth.

There is a plethora of unexplained and or misunderstood things that go on in our galaxy which effect us all the time. Things like subtle changes in the electro-magnetic fields of the sun, help shield us from many cosmic rays. This field changes from time to time with the sun as it changes poles, radiance, and various other things we as of yet are just starting to study. As this field weakens we are hit by more cosmic rays as it strengthens we are protected from them more. This is relatively new research and a lot of questions are involved...

Fact is we have no idea of a lot more than we are led to believe by the AGW crowd. According to them, GHG's control climate and thats that... That is why they are wrong so often... They take a contributing factor or an effect of warming, and treat it as a cause or even thee cause...

That is backwards and small thinking.. I hope research in the sun and our galaxy fixes this problem soon..

Last edited:
  • Banned
Agreed. I believe that the warming and cooling of the earth is a natural process. Could it be that the sun impacts us more then we realize?

This has been a very long period of decreasing sun spots.

Agreed. I believe that the warming and cooling of the earth is a natural process. Could it be that the sun impacts us more then we realize?

I saw spots earlier today... My son was swinging a stick and clocked me in the back of my noggin..:lol:

I saw spots earlier today... My son was swinging a stick and clocked me in the back of my noggin..:lol:

:lol:

Woohoo now we can get an answer! Did you get hot or cold?

(sorry about that are hope your alright)

LOL, im fine really...... WOOF!... Don't seen to have any side effects...WOOF!
:lol::lol:

I got warm cause he was swinging a stick with people close by.. That count?:lol:

LOL, im fine really...... WOOF!... Don't seen to have any side effects...WOOF!
:lol::lol:

I got warm cause he was swinging a stick with people close by.. That count?:lol:

I knew it global warming!

Did your son suddenly experience sudden warming on his southern hemisphere because he had been swinging the stick? ;) Lord knows I woulda as a kid.

And I just realized! What if our global warming spreads to the Sun! Omygawd! It could be infectious! It's already spread to Mars!! What if the sun comes down wth it too? Ohh it's all our fault the universe is destwoyed!

;)

Very interesting article.

One should note that while Europe was cold, the rest of the world was quite a bit warmer. In fact, in spite of a strong La Nina, and the severe derth of sunspots, 2008 came in at either 8th or 10th warmest on record. And 2009 essetially tied the second warmest on record.

So thus far, if the sunspots do indeed indicate less energy recieved from the sun, and the solar observing satellites indicate this was the case, although the decline was slight, then the fact that there was little impact on the increase in heat in the atmosphere and ocean, seems to indicate that the GHGs are a major influence on the heat balance of the earths surface.

The rest of the world huh?

You must have missed this then,

Cold kills 500 penguins: News24: South Africa: News

or this...

Winter strikes with a vengeance: News24: South Africa: News

or maybe this....

1.7 million livestock die in Mongolia freeze - Weather - msnbc.com

You really ARE blind aren't you.

Forum List

Back