It’s the species known as Illinois Republican.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
There is only one known species that could take many potential advantages and botch things "It’s the species known as Illinois Republican. "

claim that he’d won a big Navy award as intelligence officer of the year. When the truth surfaced, Mr. Kirk, the Republican candidate for President Obama’s former Senate seat, first took the low road...

It’s thus fitting that the trial of former Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich started amid Mr. Kirk’s stumbling. The trial is, after all, a potential daily public-service announcement for Republicans, given its potentially tawdry look at Democratic-run politics in the state.

Then you add in the recession and awful unemployment, with all its attendant anxieties and fear. Throw in Democratic Party anxiety that Mr. Giannoulias might be a weak candidate.

For good measure, consider the BP oil spill and questions — fair or not — of the Obama administration’s competence, replete with liberal Washington columnists berating the president for not being forceful enough. Forget that the only real alternative, besides BP’s engineers, seems to be divine intervention. Chicago News Cooperative - A Candidate Tripped Up by Truth on the Campaign Trail - NYTimes.com
great article on Illinois Republican. It reminds me of how much the Illinois GOP is like the national GOP.

Forum List

Back