Votes: 5 38.5%
  • the people who watched trying to learn more about the candidates positions

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
in deciding who won the debate which group is more important? the political pundits or the people who watched the debate?

It seems the pundits either think McCain won or it was a tie but the people seem to overwhelmingly think Obama won.

So, in your opinion, whose view of the debate is more important?

in deciding who won the debate which group is more important? the political pundits or the people who watched the debate?

It seems the pundits either think McCain won or it was a tie but the people seem to overwhelmingly think Obama won.

So, in your opinion, whose view of the debate is more important?

mine. ;)

well to be honest, he would've had my vote with the chicken hawk or the dog, too.

in fact, domestically, i thought the dog had a better grip on the issues.

the weasel was frosting on the cake.

The dog would've won Friday's debate!

The pundits live in their own world just like the politicians. Listen to Chris Matthews and you see he has no idea of what is happening in the real world that we have to work and live in.

Plus, they have too much time on their hands with 24 hour cable fake news these daze.

The only people whose oipnions matter are the ones owning the Diebold/Premier and Sequoia voting systems, if the polling is close on election day.

I love how baiting your polls are, Silence. You're becoming THE most biased liberal on these boards, more and more each day.

I love how baiting your polls are, Silence. You're becoming THE most biased liberal on these boards, more and more each day.

how is asking whose opinion matters more bias? is it because the pundits think McCain won or at least tied and the people think Obama won?

Okie dokie... the most liberal? I highly doubt that js....anymore than you're the most uptight con on the board... oh wait... :doubt:

Oh, silence, Silence - you have been tapped with the most dire of conservative names. "Most biassed Liberal" :lol:

Get thee to a beenery or nunnery and pray that you see the light of conservative conscience that may save you from eternal liberal hellfire.:eusa_pray:

You could become a compassionate conservative - No, there aren't any.:muahaha:

I voted "the people" because I think debates are made for those that aren't political junkies, like most people on this board.
I thought Bush won the debates in 2000 but I also thought Kerry won the debates in 2004. But I have a different set of standards that I use when I watch debates. I came away with these observations:

Obama came out swinging but seemed to "blow his wad" and was on the defensive the rest of the night.
McCain looked more "Presidential". By that I mean, controlled, calm and measured in his responses. He was confident and put forth an image of one who had been through many stressful times in his life, and this really wasn't that tough for him. People want to vote for a person who will lead and not shrivel up in times of stress, he seemed like that person. His answers we're direct and didn't sound rehearsed. At least to me they didn't.

Obama wasn't the stuttering stammering person I'd been seeing in other places like YouTube. I could tell that he had worked on limiting his "uh"s.
What I couldn't understand was why did he keep looking down at his podium? Was he taking notes, reading notes or what? And at one point he was gesturing to someone, was that the moderator or someone in the audience? I mention this because it was distracting and it appeared he was looking for help. It's a debate between him and McCain so people can see the differences and it appeared that Obama needed help at that time.

He said more than once during the debate "What Senator Obama doesn't seem to understand is..." and then he'd explain. I mention this because while Obama came off as reading a prepared speech for most of the night, McCain came off as someone who was actively engaged in the current discussion. If the subject went off in a different direction McCain was ready with a direct and specific answer. Obama seemed to go back to the same things that he had already said. You know, like the guy who tells a joke that isn't funny but says it again thinking you didn't understand it.
Can't he explain something in more than just one way? The people who can do that I view, and I think others do to, as having intelligence.

I think McCain "won" the debate but by how much is anyones guess.

Funny, because I thought Obama stayed on track while McCain was the one to go off on tangents. He is more impulsive and quick to react. (right or wrong)

Obama is more thoughtful and can seem distant because he gives the idea more thought that I think McCain does.

Oh, silence, Silence - you have been tapped with the most dire of conservative names. "Most biassed Liberal" :lol:

Get thee to a beenery or nunnery and pray that you see the light of conservative conscience that may save you from eternal liberal hellfire.:eusa_pray:

You could become a compassionate conservative - No, there aren't any.:muahaha:

I think Silence is not quite a pinko, but a fellow traveller.

I am a bomb throwing radical.

I voted political pundits, because people forget or sometimes change their minds if the pundits go on and on about what they think for days after.

how is asking whose opinion matters more bias? is it because the pundits think McCain won or at least tied and the people think Obama won?

Okie dokie... the most liberal? I highly doubt that js....anymore than you're the most uptight con on the board... oh wait... :doubt:

If I went into a room and said, "Who would you rather vote for: the stupid fuck Obama or his opponent John McCain?" would you think I'm biased?

So when you say, "Pundits who most of the time talk just to hear themselves talk or normal people who are just trying to decide," you don't see bias in that? YOU probably don't, a normal educated person would.

Forum List

Back