It's the End of the World As We Know It: Man marries a videogame

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Man marries a videogame - Plugged In - Yahoo! Games

In another sign that the world is about to collapse, multiple blogs are reporting that a fan of the Nintendo DS dating sim Love Plus (you know, the really creepy one) liked his virtual lady so much that he decided to marry her. For real.

While the two aren't planning a honeymoon -- after all, one of them is a VIDEO GAME -- they did hold a small 'reception' in Japan for friends, family and the media, indicating that this is most likely little more than the looniest video game publicity stunt we've seen in some time. Check out this video recap by Boing Boing, complete with footage of the happy, er, couple.

If this is real, I am speechless.

In another sign that the world is about to collapse, multiple blogs are reporting that a fan of the Nintendo DS dating sim Love Plus (you know, the really creepy one) liked his virtual lady so much that he decided to marry her. For real.

While the two aren't planning a honeymoon -- after all, one of them is a VIDEO GAME -- they did hold a small 'reception' in Japan for friends, family and the media, indicating that this is most likely little more than the looniest video game publicity stunt we've seen in some time. Check out this video recap by Boing Boing, complete with footage of the happy, er, couple.

Really? Why is that?

If we start redefining marriage what's off limits? And why?

My husband and I went out to the local tavern a few weeks ago and almost every person at the bar was texting someone. They were having very little interaction with the live people they were with. Kinda scary.

Really? Why is that?

If we start redefining marriage what's off limits? And why?

nothing will be off-limits. you can even marry your talking points.

My husband and I went out to the local tavern a few weeks ago and almost every person at the bar was texting someone. They were having very little interaction with the live people they were with. Kinda scary.

I see sorta the same thing when I'm driving to school in the mornings... people on the highway on their cell phones at 7 AM... who TF are they talking to?

And I say this as a habitual texting maniac.

Ha ha. Crackberry addict myself. :eusa_shhh:

In NJ, cell phone use while driving is illegal. I wish they would change that. Instead people are texting (which is also illegal, but easily concealed from cops), and is far, far more dangerous in my opinion.

I am a cell phone Nazi at school. I can catch kids texting with my back turned. It's not that I don't understand that all kids do it (inc. my own) but I honestly believe that permitting it in class is feeding the addiction. It's becoming a pubic safety issue in addition to hurting social skills.

Hey - if they allow people to marry video games, what kind of benefits will the virtual spouses be entitled to? Lifetime warranties? Replacement parts and checkups? :lol:

Forum List

Back