It's That Time of Year-What I'm Thankful For...

God Bless all of you* Listening to your stories makes me want to give each of you a hug.

I'm pretty thankful I met a group of very nice people on a message board in the great wide internet.

It's funny.....I am not lacking in people in my life. I have lovely friends, family and children....

But I spend a lot of time on the computer updating websites when I'm not out there working. And over the years I've been part of various message boards from politics to real estate and one ever that was part of a tv show. I guess I've always liked the written word and debating or discussing opinion...

but i have to say that this message board is by far the best I have ever been on. It's run in a manner where I don't feel like a child that needs scolding if I say one wrong word. There is freedom to express like no other message board and I love the wide variety of people I've met in here. Lots of humor, intelligence, depth and warmth.

So this year I give my thanks to all of you*

And I'm also thankful for all of GigiBowman's STEAMY avatars... :eusa_pray:... :lol:

I am thankful for owning a home, and making ends meet, but mostly am thankful for our health....had a scare with possible melanoma skin cancer with my hubby, my dad is battling skin cancer and prostate cancer and colan cancer, all of which were found early enough to save him and still have a good life ahead of him....

I am thankful i can still be a home maker and not have to go to work outside of the home...

I am thankful that we met some really nice people here in Maine that have taken us in as "family"....

I am thankful we were wise enough to build up and stock, a year's worth of food in case of emergency.

I am thankful both of my parents are still alive.

I am thankful my sister got her stomach stapled and lost over 100 lbs and is doing absolutely great now....looks great too!

I am thankful for our Cape Cottage and the 125 acre meadow and forrest across the way which gives us all kinds of wonderful creatures of nature, my wild turkeys, deer, porcupine, squirrels, chipmonks, pheasants, snow shoe hare rabbits, American bald eagels, Cranes, and every beautiful bird on the earth that seems to visit my feeders,my many wild apple trees and wild plum trees and wild rose bushes and all the beautiful wild flowers that come every spring....

I am thankful for this board as well, a great group of people and moderators!

i Am Thankful For Owning A Home, And Making Ends Meet, But Mostly Am Thankful For Our Health....had A Scare With Possible Melanoma Skin Cancer With My Hubby, My Dad Is Battling Skin Cancer And Prostate Cancer And Colan Cancer, All Of Which Were Found Early Enough To Save Him And Still Have A Good Life Ahead Of Him....

I Am Thankful I Can Still Be A Home Maker And Not have To Go To Work Outside Of The Home...

I Am Thankful That We Met Some Really Nice People Here In Maine That Have Taken Us In As "family"....

I Am Thankful We Were Wise Enough To Build Up And Stock, A Year's Worth Of Food In Case Of Emergency.

I Am Thankful Both Of My Parents Are Still Alive.

I Am Thankful My Sister Got Her Stomach Stapled And Lost Over 100 Lbs And Is Doing Absolutely Great Now....looks Great Too!

i Am Thankful For Our Cape Cottage And The 125 Acre Meadow And Forrest Across The Way Which Gives Us All Kinds Of Wonderful Creatures Of Nature, My Wild Turkeys, Deer, Porcupine, Squirrels, Chipmonks, Pheasants, Snow Shoe Hare Rabbits, American Bald Eagels, Cranes, And Every Beautiful Bird On The Earth That Seems To Visit My Feeders,my Many Wild Apple Trees And Wild Plum Trees And Wild Rose Bushes And All The Beautiful Wild Flowers That Come Every Spring....

I Am Thankful For This Board As Well, A Great Group Of People And Moderators!
Pictures!!!

Last edited:
I am thankful for being Male:

the-male-brain.jpg

Great pic's Care! :)

But .... that 1st pic.... is that Thanksgiving Dinner ?? :eek: lol just kiddin. ;)

And the last pic ... looks like a monkey :confused: :eek: ;)

last pick is a porcupine in a tree eating apples....i had no idea what it was when taking the pics....had to google, then found out it was a porcupine!

last pick is a porcupine in a tree eating apples....i had no idea what it was when taking the pics....had to google, then found out it was a porcupine!

Wow! I have never seen one (in real life) ... it looks so "soft and fluffy" .... I thought they had hard quills? When I orginally asked - I really thought it was a cat. lol :lol: Great picture!!!! :)

Wow! I have never seen one (in real life) ... it looks so "soft and fluffy" .... I thought they had hard quills? When I orginally asked - I really thought it was a cat. lol :lol: Great picture!!!! :)

The white on his lower back are the quills....

DSCF0909.jpg

DSCF0912.jpg

DSCF0911.jpg

What are you grateful for?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanksgiving is a time to consider what we are grateful for.

I'm doing a practice of remembering every morning to appreciate what I have.
It started at being grateful for not dying in my sleep. I am alive--already that's a plus. I'm in a warm bed, and I'm lying next to the woman I love. My cat is on the bed, and my dog is snoring in the next room.

I remember that I have precious human life. That is not ordinary human life. Precious human life has eight freedoms and ten specific endowments connected with it.

I'm grateful to be alive, and to know love in my life. I have freinds who deeply love and appreciate me. I have family. I have skills and abilities that are of benefit to others. I have a spiritual path that will lead to enlightenment.

I live in America, which allows me to practice my spirituality freely. I have the leisure to meditate and to delve deeply into subjects of interest to myself and others.

I'm happy to live in America, and to have helped elect an inspired President Barack Obama.

I'm grateful that GW blew his chances so that Obama could be the President of this time--a time the world is receptive to him.

Whatever small merit I accumulate through helping others in whatever way I am able I dedicate to the benefit and enlightenment of all.

May you all achieve your highest dreams and aspirations in this life. May all beings be happy and free of suffering and come to know the sorrowless state.

Thanks to PoliticalChic for showing me the way to this thread. I didn't see it and had started a similar one elsewhere.

I'm Thankful for my family, my home, my ability to sit on my azz iffin I want to. I'm thankful for my health, and yep for this message board.

We are deviating from the traditional meal this year. I'm thankful for that cause I don't have to cook the whole meal this year. Our oldest son and his wife are coming for the weekend. all the other kids live here in town.so they all took a vote and the menu will be,, scamp, shrimp, raw oysters, cole slaw, potato salad, fresh baked bread and hush puppies, all kinds of beer and wine and I'm not planning on dessert!

I'm Thankful for my family, my home, my ability to sit on my azz iffin I want to. I'm thankful for my health, and yep for this message board.

We are deviating from the traditional meal this year. I'm thankful for that cause I don't have to cook the whole meal this year. Our oldest son and his wife are coming for the weekend. all the other kids live here in town.so they all took a vote and the menu will be,, scamp, shrimp, raw oysters, cole slaw, potato salad, fresh baked bread and hush puppies, all kinds of beer and wine and I'm not planning on dessert!

wish you'd buy some lobster....Maine lobster to be specific! these lobstermen are really, really hurting up here! you can buy a lb to a lb and a quarter lobster for only $5 bucks locally...almost 50% less than last year!

your seafood market should be selling them fairly cheap!

HELP Maine! buy lobster! :)

ty in advance! lol

Last edited:
I am thankful for a loving God and the salvation of Christ.
I am thankful for my wonderful children, my grandchild, and my daughters-in-law, who are all fully functional, so far, thank goodness. One never knows. Though I do greet every Monday with giddy weak-kneed joy after a weekend with my VERY willful, VERY busy younger children.

So I'm also grateful for a wonderful job and benefits, so that I am able to be self-sufficient despite the fact that the kids' dad isn't a constant resource monetarily, and no resource at all emotionally or in any other way.

I'm grateful I'm able to live the life I want to live, in the place I want to live it, and support the habits I enjoy...primarily my kids and horses.

I'm grateful I have my health and the use of all my limbs, despite extra weight. I was finally able to climb aboard my newest horsie addition today, glory hallelujah. Didn't think I'd ever reach a point where I needed a mounting block WITH a saddle, but there ya have it. Age and weight wear on anyone. But got myself up on my mare, putting me on horseback for the first time in more than 6 years, I do believe (I can't believe it's been that long).

There's a whole bunch more things but it's time to feed the horses and the kids. Gotta run.

Forum List

Back