It's that time of year again!!!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Ah yes, camping in the mountains.
(God I'm glad I don't do that stupid shit any more.) :eusa_whistle:

372968.jpg

Way back when I was a boy scout (we're talking many moons ago) our troop went camping in the mountains. It was pretty cold when we all went to bed and got to sleep. When we woke up, there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground.... I still remember how cold we were.

I love winter camping.

You will never experience silence as deep as that in the middle of a wood miles from civilization as you will in winter. The star gazing is also infinitely better.

Way back when I was a boy scout (we're talking many moons ago) our troop went camping in the mountains. It was pretty cold when we all went to bed and got to sleep. When we woke up, there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground.... I still remember how cold we were.

Did that, Colorado Rockies, mid April, in my early 20s. Set up camp late in the Rampart Range, made dinner then went to bed, up early the next morning and just after cleaning up from breakfast watched the clouds come over us. It dropped about 6 inches of snow in just a couple hours and by mid afternoon the temp was up in the high 50s and almost all the snow melted away.

Forum List

Back