It's That Time Again

Like I said, your misperceptions about me are just misperceptions based upon your own inadequacies. I can't really do anything about them.

Actually, my perceptions of you are based upon your actions on this site. But, nice try.

p.s. I think your salt has lost its savor.

It appears you hold me to a much higher standard than others. While that's fine and to be expected, people do expect more from Christians, I'm not sure how it jibs with your obvious antipathy towards Christians.

On the one hand, you suspect their motives, you think you know what they think, and you distrust them...

On the other hand, you expect them to behave as model citizens 24/7.

Does that sort of contradiction ever result in insomnia? It seems you spend a lot of time worrying about us. While at the same time, you think we shouldn't consider the fate of other sinners. Kind of confusing at best, isn't it?

If you do not believe in God you have believed satans lies, simple as thqt.

I've learned over the years that the man who thinks he's carrying a sack full of truth is usually carrying an empty bag.

Wow, I can see that rejecting God has certainly filled you with joy and taken away your bitterness...

That sounds like a preacher. It always fascinated me that preachers stand and delare openly what god thinks, what he says, what he did and what he's doing. Most of them need to get an honest job and STFU

Yanno..........very few (probably none) preachers have had even half of the experiences that I've had, and what's more, I really don't think they'd have a clue as to why I went through them.

They'd probably tell me that God has a plan, and that I just have to be patient to have it revealed to me.

Interestingly enough, I actually started to feel and see God's actions in my life on a regular basis, and most of those happened long after I'd quit Christianity and became a Taoist.

No. I don't trust someone else to give me their interpretation of what God is to me, because I know exactly where all the places are in my life that He's shown me He was watching over me.

They're just men. The congregation supports and prays for them, and must carefully choose them and guide them.

They're just men. The congregation supports and prays for them, and must carefully choose them and guide them.

Yeah and pay them, provide a home, car, extra expenses etc. I was on church committees for a bunch of years and I know what a load they get. I think all of them should have to get a day job.

It appears you hold me to a much higher standard than others.

Actually, I hold you to the same standards. Foxfyre is also a Christian, but I can't visualize her acting the way you regularly do on here. Same with Marie, Care4All, and Avatar.

I respect people who practice what they preach. Your behavior is a near constant contradiction of your stated beliefs. I kind of pity you, to be truthful. You don't seem to be a happy person.

Get over it. You telling me how I REALLY feel is almost as tiresome as listening to Sky on a bender.

It is a day job. And a night job. And an on-call job.

LMAO! You drank the Kool-Aid. It takes them a couple of hours to prepare their Sunday morning message and the rest is something Ned in the primer could do. One thing we know. When they preach a funeral the deceased is on their way to heaven. I've more than likely been to at least 100 Christian funerals in my life and guess what.......at least one preacher and sometimes three decared with authority that the deceased had gone to be with the lord, was with the angels, had passed through the pearly gates, was at peace and with god, etc. That's another place when preachers tell bare faced lies. I guess they didn't read about it:

Revelations 21

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Last edited:
I'm sure some of them are lazy, I've seen preachers I didn't care for, for whatever reason. I've seen pompous ones, ignorant ones, ones who appeared disinterested in their congregation, arrogant ones. As I said, they're men.

But I know that in MY churches, they have (mostly) put in 35-40 hour work weeks, adn that's all that men in this country are required to do. Our current interim lives 50 miles away and spends aaaallllll day Sunday at our church, away from home, and doesnt' go home until late evening, after the evening service. There's 12 hours right there, and that's not counting drive time, so let's say 14 hours (it's a windy nasty road, too).

He's available all day and night by telephone, his sermons are loving, informed, and interesting, he responds immediately to any requests made of him and spends time among the congregation during the week. They visit him at his house continually, so he doesn't even rest at home. His wife is ill, his brother in law just came home to die (and died two weeks ago, he didn't miss church). When my children said they were interested in being baptised, he immediately sat down with them, and me, on the spot, and talked intently and insightfully with them.

And he's our interim. We're trying out a new guy...I'll let you know how that goes if you're interested. I am capable of counting, I know how hard he's working, and when he's working.

And I know exactly what goes into writing a piece that will last 45 minutes. I can tell if a preacher knows his stuff or if he doesn't; I can tell when they've not put much consideration into their sermons, because I've written for pay all my life. I know what a rush job looks like because I've pawned a lot of them off (and been praised for them).

I've left churches with pastors whose sermons annoyed me, and didn't speak (spiritually) to me...and I've refused to join churches when I thought the pastors were lacking in education, insight, or just capability. Thank you, I don't drink koolaid. I'm pretty discerning. And I'm pretty smart, too.

I know there are pastors who are lacking. But don't make the mistake of thinking they are all substandard. Apparently just the ones in the church YOU chose were. And that's as much a fault of yours as anyone's.

I'm sure some of them are lazy, I've seen preachers I didn't care for, for whatever reason. I've seen pompous ones, ignorant ones, ones who appeared disinterested in their congregation, arrogant ones. As I said, they're men.

But I know that in MY churches, they have (mostly) put in 35-40 hour work weeks, adn that's all that men in this country are required to do. Our current interim lives 50 miles away and spends aaaallllll day Sunday at our church, away from home, and doesnt' go home until late evening, after the evening service. There's 12 hours right there, and that's not counting drive time, so let's say 14 hours (it's a windy nasty road, too).

He's available all day and night by telephone, his sermons are loving, informed, and interesting, he responds immediately to any requests made of him and spends time among the congregation during the week. They visit him at his house continually, so he doesn't even rest at home. His wife is ill, his brother in law just came home to die (and died two weeks ago, he didn't miss church). When my children said they were interested in being baptised, he immediately sat down with them, and me, on the spot, and talked intently and insightfully with them.

And he's our interim. We're trying out a new guy...I'll let you know how that goes if you're interested. I am capable of counting, I know how hard he's working, and when he's working.

And I know exactly what goes into writing a piece that will last 45 minutes. I can tell if a preacher knows his stuff or if he doesn't; I can tell when they've not put much consideration into their sermons, because I've written for pay all my life. I know what a rush job looks like because I've pawned a lot of them off (and been praised for them).

I've left churches with pastors whose sermons annoyed me, and didn't speak (spiritually) to me...and I've refused to join churches when I thought the pastors were lacking in education, insight, or just capability. Thank you, I don't drink koolaid. I'm pretty discerning. And I'm pretty smart, too.

I know there are pastors who are lacking. But don't make the mistake of thinking they are all substandard. Apparently just the ones in the church YOU chose were. And that's as much a fault of yours as anyone's.

Sounds like you've got a jewel. I've seen some dandy's. Two that I've known left their wives and moved away with church secretaries. One man...a pretty good one as pastors go...worked a main job doing all kind of remodeling and new construction for church members. He was good. There is also a brand who will do anything they can think of to hold someone who tithes and has a good income. I won't even go into some of the tricks I've seen concerning that. You're right.....preachers are just men. Have you ever watched the movie, "The Apostle" Robert DuVall played one of his best roles in that flick...in my opinion.

Last edited:
No, I didn't watch it all the way through. Duvall kind of grosses me out. I don't know why, I find it hard to watch him as the primary focus for two hours. I know I did watch bits and didn't like it much. It's not my brand of entertainment.

I LMAO everytime I read Atheists, Agnostics, and "non-religious" folk quote Bible scripture
:lol:

:cuckoo:

You should try reading the bible yourself. I had most of the new testament committed to memory chapter and verse while I was still in my twenties. I read that crock of shit ad nauseum until I knew I would never believe it if I should live to 100 but I'll still be at religious discussion forums hammering away at the keyboard for as long as I can hold my head up and draw air. Take that to the bank.

sorry bout that,

I LMAO everytime I read Atheists, Agnostics, and "non-religious" folk quote Bible scripture

You should try reading the bible yourself. I had most of the new testament committed to memory chapter and verse while I was still in my twenties. I read that crock of shit ad nauseum until I knew I would never believe it if I should live to 100 but I'll still be at religious discussion forums hammering away at the keyboard for as long as I can hold my head up and draw air. Take that to the bank.

1. Your problem is you don't even know you are already *dead*.
2. Your spirit died long ago, your shell is the one hammering on the keyboards, and your breath sustains only an evil heart, towards a God who would of loved you, and sheltered you under his wings, but you have betrayed everything that is good in this world.
3. Sadly you won't see this.
4. Have a Merry Christmas everyone and all, even to this Scrooge, who needs it more than anyone in here.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

sorry bout that,

2. Your spirit died long ago, your shell is the one hammering on the keyboards, and your breath sustains only an evil heart, towards a God who would of loved you, and sheltered you under his wings, but you have betrayed everything that is good in this world.
4. Have a Merry Christmas everyone and all, even to this Scrooge, who needs it more than anyone in here.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Screw you and Gawd and the jackass he rode in on

Idiots usually don't know they are idiots.

sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Screw you and Gawd and the jackass he rode in on
Faggot.

Nice.

Satan has the bible committed to memory as well. In fact, he's probably the #1 biblical scholar in the universe.

Forum List

Back