It's Sunday in America...What are People Doing After Church?

Oh, and I won't be going to church.
I so much enjoy not getting up and going to church first thing every Sunday morning.

Given up the faith, eh?

Church and Faith are not equals. I understand the "don't forego the gatherings of the saints" bit, so, maybe more like re-examining my faith.....
Don't go to church and haven't in years, reexamined my faith quite a while back and found many of the "saints" lacking, shallow and/or fake. Besides God isn't found in the trappings of religion.

I see, so God is found everywhere other than religion.

Thanks for that.

So you found God once you stopped going to church?

Do tell.

I so much enjoy not getting up and going to church first thing every Sunday morning.

Given up the faith, eh?

Church and Faith are not equals. I understand the "don't forego the gatherings of the saints" bit, so, maybe more like re-examining my faith.....
Don't go to church and haven't in years, reexamined my faith quite a while back and found many of the "saints" lacking, shallow and/or fake. Besides God isn't found in the trappings of religion.

Thanks for that.

Do tell.
You can converse with God anytime you like, when he's not busy...

Given up the faith, eh?

Thanks for that.

Do tell.
You can converse with God anytime you like, when he's not busy...

You believe in God?

Given up the faith, eh?

Thanks for that.

Do tell.
You got all that out of what I posted? Okie dokie........

Given up the faith, eh?

Thanks for that.

Do tell.

Just asking. Did you find God outside of church or are you merely speculating that you can?

I never made the accusation that you can't, but I have also witnessed people who have made that connection in church, myself being one of them.

Given up the faith, eh?

Thanks for that.

Do tell.

Just asking. Did you find God outside of church or are you merely speculating that you can?

I never made the accusation that you can't, but I have also witnessed people who have made that connection in church, myself being one of them.
To put it in a nutshell;
7 Bible verses about God Living In Us

I thought I found God a couple of different times in my life but when I finally did find Him I realized that what I found before was religion...........

Thanks for that.

Do tell.

To put it in a nutshell;

I thought I found God a couple of different times in my life but when I finally did find Him I realized that what I found before was religion...........

So do you think that the church Christ was setting up is no longer needed or is the church something other than church?

Thanks for that.

Do tell.

To put it in a nutshell;

So do you think that the church Christ was setting up is no longer needed or is the church something other than church?
People have (from the beginning and in many instances) molded the church(s) to their desires. Different denominations/sects claiming they are the only true Christians, etc, Churches that have become political, etc, church members claiming they have led x number of people to Christ (they didn't, God did through them)......... Hell fire, brimstone preachers, politically correct preachers, certain sects teaching God's hate as opposed to God's love and for the most part all of them focusing on the splinters in others eyes instead of the logs in theirs.
It's not that the church is not needed it's that in all too many cases it's been perverted. God's temple is in each one of us that's where we should look first.

After church (and the boy's CCD class) working working working as always....

Home early though!

Well, I'm not watching football. Packers smoked the Bears on Thursday so, no Packers game today. Football isn't worth watching if the Packers aren't playing.

Absolutely Not Watching football. Visited parentals. Took a walk around the lake. Prepping dinner. So many better things to do than watching ignorant cretins trash our country.

Not watching the pampered, ungrateful, unpatriotic, NFL millionaires, that's for sure.
The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

Church? I went to a church in the Czech Republic over the summer, I remember the Cathedral looking over the train station in Brno, kind of okay.
"Kinda OK?" says much about your gay life. Why did you come here? To complain?

It's funny that you have to try and insult me and nothing else.

Forum List

Back