(It's Started) Sarah Palin: I Could Beat President Barack Obama

I can envision a scenario where she runs as a third (tea) party candidate, splitting the republican vote and giving Obama a cake walk to a second term.

Remember where you heard it first. :thup:
That wont happen. I've been watching the news back and forth tonight after she said this to Barabara Walters and they have interviewed lots of people and several candidates for the GOP and they said they would certainly get behind her if she was the nominee. Palin is GOP all the way and she will unite the Tea Party with the GOP and form her own vision thats different from the old establishment. That is what she did in Alaska and beat 2 Governors with that style of politicking.

Wow. Have you no negative feedback at all about this woman?? I am a huge Obama supporter and I love the man. But I do have some criticisms. Is there ANYTHING about her that you don't like or that worries you??

The only thing USA Retard doesn't like about Palin is the fact that she'll never fuck him.

EVER!

(Although.......to be fair........he's got some "hope" that she'll "change" her mind).

Reagan ran for president and dropped out of the primarys in 76. He quit!!!

Ronald Reagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1976, Reagan challenged incumbent President Gerald Ford in a bid to become the Republican Party's candidate for president. Reagan soon established himself as the conservative candidate with the support of like-minded organizations such as the American Conservative Union which became key components of his political base, while President Ford was considered a more moderate Republican.[78]

Reagan's campaign relied on a strategy crafted by campaign manager John Sears of winning a few primaries early to seriously damage the lift-off of Ford's campaign. Reagan won North Carolina, Texas, and California, but the strategy disintegrated[79] and he ended up losing New Hampshire and Florida.[80] As the party's convention neared, Ford appeared close to victory. Acknowledging his party's moderate wing, Reagan chose moderate Republican Senator Richard Schweiker of Pennsylvania as his running mate. Nonetheless, Ford narrowly won with 1,187 delegates to Reagan's 1,070.[80]

Reagan's concession speech emphasized the dangers of nuclear war and the threat posed by the Soviet Union. Though he lost the nomination, he received 307 write-in votes in New Hampshire, 388 votes as an Independent on Wyoming's ballot, and a single electoral vote from a faithless elector in the November election from the state of Washington

Reagan finished his term of Governor of the largest population state in the country.

Palin? Quit because she couldn't handle a state with the population of a small city
Again, After 25 bogus ethics charges against her, she owed around 500,000 in legal fees to her attorney. The current laws of Alaska required that every single filed ethics complaint to be investigated no matter how ridiculous (being photographed with a fish, wearing a jacket with a logo, receiving “cookie” bribes) and all at the personal cost of the defendant. Had she stayed in office another 16 months, she likely would have been forced into bankruptcy because Alaska law does not automatically cover the legal defense of its governors nor was the Attorney General of the state or someone else designated by the state to defend her like all other states. If you were working in a job that was costing you almost twice as much to go into work everyday than you were making would you stay there?

Even her set up of a legal defense fund like other politicians have was deemed unethical (It was arguably the strictest legal defense fund in history with all the restrictions it had for those who could donate) wherein a politically motivated investigator suggested Palin should just let Alaska taxpayers pay for her legal defense. They wanted Alaskans to take the bullet for the political malice of Palin’s enemies.. In less than a year, she racked up half-a-million (to put this in perspective, her salary as Governor was only 125,000 a year and she had even declined a 25,000 raise by the legislature) in legal charges with much more to come.

One can argue that she should have just fought her enemies instead of letting them win.

If you decide to continue fighting your enemies at the expense of the people you serve is that even ethical? If your presence in office is causing heavy collateral damage to your state, is it smart and ethical to remain in office no matter the cost? Has any politician at the state level attracted the volume of attacks directed at Palin? Is it normal for a governor to go personally bankrupt defending themselves against bogus ethics complaints? Palin incurred almost twice as much legal debt as the salary she drew as governor. Every day she spent in office she was one day closer to personal bankruptcy.

These frivolous lawsuits effectively paralyzed her administration by wasting time and money doing research for countless Freedom of Information Act requests and addressing the ethics charges. The estimated cost of wasted time for the State of Alaska was 2 million and rising. By resigning she effectively took the liberal circus out of Alaska and into mainland America where she could defeat them and she has done it with the midterms as proof and all lawsuits were dismissed as frivilous. She has beaten the odds.

Wow. 400 wasted keystroke to say what could have been conveyed in seven: "quitter".

Nice to know, however, the if Sarah does win office; we can force her out with ethics complaints.

We are so badass.

You know...........I'd REALLY love to see the Wasilla Chihuahua try to debate Obama.

The only thing that would be funnier than that would be to see Momma Gerbil on a Celebrity Jeopardy episode.

I don't know if I could even watch it. I get so embarrassed. When she told Katie she reads ALL the magazines, I just covered my face with the couch pillow. It's so nerve wracking!!

What makes me laugh is that people keep saying, "if she runs". So does she. Come on!!! She knew she would run in 2012 the day her and McCain lost in 2008!! Does she really think she's fooling anyone??

Jeopardy?? Now that I really couldn't watch!! Not that I am any genius. But I'd never try to go on that show. But she probably would. It would be like watching a lamb being slaughtered.

Last edited:
That wont happen. I've been watching the news back and forth tonight after she said this to Barabara Walters and they have interviewed lots of people and several candidates for the GOP and they said they would certainly get behind her if she was the nominee. Palin is GOP all the way and she will unite the Tea Party with the GOP and form her own vision thats different from the old establishment. That is what she did in Alaska and beat 2 Governors with that style of politicking.

She will NEVER gain the GOP nomination....NEVER....Even the toad Rove can see that she is inept. She will lose the GOP nomination, probably to Romney. She will then run as a Bagger. The GOP is scared to death. She costs them the Senate this year and the WH in 2012. That is the way it is going to be.
Just what are the GOP scared to death of?

Sarah Palin, the most polarizing possible nominee for 2012, will run for the GOP nomination. If she doesn't get it, she will then run as a Tea Party nominee. That will split the GOP vote. That is why they are scared. But they don't know how to handle it. It will be interesting. She gave the Dems the Senate in 2010. Could the WH be her next gift in 2012?

Palin just gets better:

Sarah Palins 'Refudiate' Named Word Of Year and Going In Dictionary

Every thing this woman does is turning into success. She is defining our tone of how we speak. What does this tell you about her? It tells us that when she speaks.......we listen. She deserves a big congratulations on having her word Refudiate put into the dictionary. Sarah Palin is now in a class with William Shakespeare; one who has coined a word in the English language that has a uniquely new precise meaning that did not exist before.

Congratulations, Sarah Palin: ?Refudiate? Named Word of the Year - The Note

Sarah Palin has officially changed the modern lexicon, one tweet at a time. While one might expect the New Oxford American Dictionary to refudiate the former Alaska governor’s favorite verb, today they embraced it, announcing “refudiate” as the official 2010 word of the year.

"From a strictly lexical interpretation of the different contexts in which Palin has used 'refudiate,' we have concluded that neither 'refute' nor 'repudiate' seems consistently precise, and that 'refudiate' more or less stands on its own, suggesting a general sense of 'reject.' "the New Oxford American Dictionary said in a press release.

Palin’s use of “refudiate,” launched critics into a frenzy when she first posted the made up verb on her Twitter page over the summer.

“Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate,” the 2008 vice presidential nominee tweeted in July, launching a string of harsh responses from the media. While some called Palin’s linguistic mash up egregious others said she would never hear the end of it (look who’s laughing now).

more in link:

Palin just gets better:

Every thing this woman does is turning into success. She is defining our tone of how we speak. What does this tell you about her? It tells us that when she speaks.......we listen. She deserves a big congratulations on having her word Refudiate put into the dictionary. Sarah Palin is now in a class with William Shakespeare; one who has coined a word in the English language that has a uniquely new precise meaning that did not exist before.

Sarah Palin has officially changed the modern lexicon, one tweet at a time. While one might expect the New Oxford American Dictionary to refudiate the former Alaska governor’s favorite verb, today they embraced it, announcing “refudiate” as the official 2010 word of the year.

"From a strictly lexical interpretation of the different contexts in which Palin has used 'refudiate,' we have concluded that neither 'refute' nor 'repudiate' seems consistently precise, and that 'refudiate' more or less stands on its own, suggesting a general sense of 'reject.' "the New Oxford American Dictionary said in a press release.

Palin’s use of “refudiate,” launched critics into a frenzy when she first posted the made up verb on her Twitter page over the summer.

“Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate,” the 2008 vice presidential nominee tweeted in July, launching a string of harsh responses from the media. While some called Palin’s linguistic mash up egregious others said she would never hear the end of it (look who’s laughing now).

more in link:

They are laughing at her man...

Palin just gets better:

more in link:

They are laughing at her man...

Say it ain't so!

Palin just gets better:

more in link:

You know, showing your ignorance of the English language, via Twitter which is nothing more than a cell phone chat room does NOT make you a force.

If the Wasilla Chihuahua wanted to actually change the world, she'd actually read something other than Facebook.

I think you dems should keep encouraging USAR and Palin if you want to keep the White House very easily. Those of us in the GOP who are willing to take Tea Party votes without giving them any voice, are busily preparing the ground for one of the two who will be the nominee, Romney or Romney. :lol: No other GOP candidate can run and win against BHO.

Lisa M, senator elect of Alaska, USAR, who Joe Miller lost to overwhelmingly in Palin's own state with Palin's strong support, says use Palin's campaign presence and popularity with the Tea Party and far right, but never ever let SP govern anything again. Lisa is right.

Last edited:
I think you dems should keep encouraging USAR and Palin if you want to keep the White House very easily. Those of us in the GOP who are willing to take Tea Partyvotes without giving them any voice, are busily preparing the ground for one of the two who will be the nominee, Romney or Romney. :lol: No other GOP candidate can run and win against BHO.

I seriously doubt the evangelical wing of the Republican party will allow Romney to be nominated.

Look what happened last time. You got McCain.

If the evangelical wing joins the Tea Party, SP will be the candidate and BHO gets (1) another term and (2) health care will be the funded fact of the realm, forever. Stupid, stupid moronic social values and tea party crowds. They are steadily shrinking in numbers yet believe they can wag the tail. Stupid, stupid people. They lost in the 1960s and want to change things back before they die. They are going to die and things won't change back.

If the evangelical wing joins the Tea Party, SP will be the candidate and BHO gets (1) another term and (2) health care will be the funded fact of the realm, forever. Stupid, stupid moronic social values and tea party crowds. They are steadily shrinking in numbers yet believe they can wag the tail. Stupid, stupid people. They lost in the 1960s and want to change things back before they die. They are going to die and things won't change back.

Every populist movement in the history of America (that I can think of) has fizzled out the exact same way:

Being offered a cracker by a major party and then absorbed/ignored by it.

The only funny thing about the Tea Party is they don't realize this.

I think you dems should keep encouraging USAR and Palin if you want to keep the White House very easily. Those of us in the GOP who are willing to take Tea Partyvotes without giving them any voice, are busily preparing the ground for one of the two who will be the nominee, Romney or Romney. :lol: No other GOP candidate can run and win against BHO.

I seriously doubt the evangelical wing of the Republican party will allow Romney to be nominated.

Look what happened last time. You got McCain.

When it comes down to the nomination...the sane republicans will take the day and nominate Romney

Just like last time when McCain was their best available candidate. Unfortunately, McCain ran 8 years too late

Forum List

Back