It’s Spreading… Freezing Germans Join Greeks – Steal Wood to Keep Homes Heated This W

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
It’s Spreading… Freezing Germans Join Greeks – Steal Wood to Keep Homes Heated This Winter​

by Jim Hoft
January 18, 2013

[ame=http://youtu.be/39TWNIKWNC8]Cold Greeks Stealing and Burning Trees - YouTube[/ame]​

First it was Greece… Cold and freezing Greeks are stealing and burning trees to keep warm this winter. Now it’s spreading… Germans are stealing wood from forests and wood piles to keep their homes warm this winter as energy costs …
Spiegel reported:
Tree Theft on the Rise in Germany as Heating Costs Increase - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Read more:
It?s Spreading? Freezing Germans Join Greeks ? Steal Wood to Keep Homes Heated This Winter | The Gateway Pundit

The rise in popularity of wood burning stoves in Germany and associated increase in casual theft of wood is a "spread" of people in Greece stripping forests because their economy is so wrecked they can't even afford heating oil?

So the Germans and the Greeks are using "alternative energy" to heat their homes?

Good for them! We also use a wood stove to heat our home.

We do here too. Not sure what the point of this thread is, but then consider the source (Jim Hoft).

Until now I've never heard of the concept of "stealing" a tree. You can't burn a tree you just cut anyway; it has to season.

So the Germans and the Greeks are using "alternative energy" to heat their homes?

Good for them! We also use a wood stove to heat our home.

We do here too. Not sure what the point of this thread is, but then consider the source (Jim Hoft).

Until now I've never heard of the concept of "stealing" a tree. You can't burn a tree you just cut anyway; it has to season.

Live trees have to season for at least a year, after they've been cut.

Dead trees can pretty much be burned right away. We have a few dead trees on our property that I'll be burning this spring.

Forum List

Back