It's shocking how empty the stadium was for Thursday night football

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
The San Francisco 49ers Thursday night game against the Los Angeles Rams kicked off in front of a nearly empty stadium.

It’s Shocking How Empty The Stadium Was For Thursday Night Football
---------------------------------------------------

Empty again and keep telling yourselves what you want, Football was the American Freedom, Patriots, American loving people who often watched football.
They often were the heart of America, kind of like we would see in old Budweiser commercials cowboys, truckers etc. ........................

People don't like how the NFL kicked our American pride to the curb, Kapernick the pos loser kicked off the FK YOU NFL and it will keep right on going the more htey continue to fk over what America really is.

2 shit teams, 1 with no fanbase, playing in a stadium everybody hates. But they still sold 63,000 tickets.

The San Francisco 49ers Thursday night game against the Los Angeles Rams kicked off in front of a nearly empty stadium.

It’s Shocking How Empty The Stadium Was For Thursday Night Football
---------------------------------------------------

Empty again and keep telling yourselves what you want, Football was the American Freedom, Patriots, American loving people who often watched football.
They often were the heart of America, kind of like we would see in old Budweiser commercials cowboys, truckers etc. ........................

People don't like how the NFL kicked our American pride to the curb, Kapernick the pos loser kicked off the FK YOU NFL and it will keep right on going the more htey continue to fk over what America really is.
Was it in LA? Yes, the St. Louis Rams should have never moved to LA. Ha fucking ha LA Ram Fan.

Even SF has low turnout? Sorry you don't have Montana or Young or Rice anymore. Maybe you should have been nicer to Jim Harbaugh.

You guys are obviously not keeping up.
The NFL is, by their own words, "seriously concerned" about collapsed ticket sales"
This is in stadiums across the country.
Steelers vs. Vikings last Sunday - huge number of empty seats. Three River Stadium is a VERY popular stadium and Steelers fans are among the most hardcore fans in any team in the league.

It is happening. Unheard of at Three Rivers.

steelers.jpg

Last edited:
I should add that it has little to do with dumbass players kneeling for the flag and everything to do with the NFL getting greedy.
The Red Zone and Fantasy Football have made people only care about scoring...by any team. They don't want to sit through a three hour game, when what they really care about is who scored in EVERY game. Fantasy football is more popular than the REAL sport.

You guys are obviously not keeping up.
The NFL is, by their own words, "seriously concerned" about collapsed ticket sales"
This is in stadiums across the country.
Steelers vs. Vikings last Sunday - huge number of empty seats. Three River Stadium is a VERY popular stadium and Steelers fans are among the most hardcore fans in any team in the league.

It is happening. Unheard of at Three Rivers.

steelers.jpg

Maybe the mystique of seeing a game in person is gone

The product is so overpriced for the average fan that they have gotten used to watching the game at home. Personally, I am not overly impressed with seeing a game in person. I usually overpay for end zone seats far removed from the action. I end up waiting for the replay on Jumbotron to see what happened

I have grown accustomed to watching the games on my 70in TV in a reclining chair with cold beers and a bathroom a few feet away

Last edited:
I should add that it has little to do with dumbass players kneeling for the flag and everything to do with the NFL getting greedy.
The Red Zone and Fantasy Football have made people only care about scoring...by any team. They don't want to sit through a three hour game, when what they really care about is who scored in EVERY game. Fantasy football is more popular than the REAL sport.

Good point

Many fans no longer care about rooting for their favorite team. They only care about THEIR fantasy team for that weekend. Going to a game you may see only a few players you are interested in and you are more interested in stats than who wins the game

And the Big Screen TV with HD.......it's killing going to the game.

Good point

Many fans no longer care about rooting for their favorite team. They only care about THEIR fantasy team for that weekend. Going to a game you may see only a few players you are interested in and you are more interested in stats than who wins the game

Exactly. Only a few years ago every Monday the guys at work were discussing the various games from Sunday...today, especially ones 30 and under, all talk about their fantasy team. Only a few comments about actual games!
And this is the NFL's fault. They promoted the crap out of fantasy football and now even dedicate a channel to it, at half time they spend as much time talkig about fantasy stats than games.

Good point

Exactly. Only a few years ago every Monday the guys at work were discussing the various games from Sunday...today, especially ones 30 and under, all talk about their fantasy team. Only a few comments about actual games!
And this is the NFL's fault. They promoted the crap out of fantasy football and now even dedicate a channel to it, at half time they spend as much time talkig about fantasy stats than games.

I hate fantasy geeks

All they care about is meaningless stats. A huge comeback in the fourth quarter? They don't care unless someone on their fantasy team scores a TD

The NFL embraces the fantasy crap and runs a streaming line on the bottom of the screen. But why watch the actual game? Just log onto the internet and it will update your fantasy stats real time

Richard Sherman touched on it the other day. The obsession with the injury list has nothing to do with the game. It is merely to appease gamblers and fantasy players

The niners problems began as soon as they left Candlestick. That was a 12th man on the field for them. Real grass and real weather and real fans!

I have been watching the NFL for 50 years

For decades, my watching habits had been the same

On Sunday, watch the 1:00 game and then the 4:00 game
On Monday, watch the first half of MNF and maybe the rest of the game if my team is on or it is really good

But then the NFL decided more is better

On Sunday there is a 9:30 AM game from London, then a 1:00 game, then a 4:25 game, then highlights, then an 8:30 game
On Monday there is an 8:30 game
On Thursday there is an 8:30 game
In December there are Saturday games

That's six or seven games ....their product is not that good

I have no interest in watching games between last place teams or teams with no star power

There are maybe four interesting or compelling games to watch each week....NFL is over saturating us and then complaining if people don't watch

Forum List

Back