It's Robert E. Lee Day, January 19th: How Will You Celebrate This Hero, Southern Pride And Heritage?

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
On January 19th, Americans will celebrate a true hero, a national treasure of Southern Pride and White Heritage. Robert E. Lee is a true icon and he should be remembered as such. How will you celebrate this remarkable gentleman?

On January 19th, Americans will celebrate a true hero, a national treasure of Southern Pride and White Heritage. Robert E. Lee is a true icon and he should be remembered as such. How will you celebrate this remarkable gentleman?
I will celebrate it by surrendering and getting pissed.........

Robert E Lee was one of the greatest generals in American history.......which has absolutely nothing to do with your contemporary agenda.

How? by taking my dog this evening to a confederate monument a half hour from my house so he can defecate on it, hope that answers your question!!

Chihuahua%2BShit%2BOn%2BConfederate%2BFlag.jpg

I will celebrate it by surrendering and getting pissed.........

You can't surrender when you've already been defeated.

How? by taking my dog this evening to a confederate monument a half hour from my house so he can defecate on it, hope that answers your question!!

That's your dog? You could have fooled me. I was thinking someone else and am probably not too far off.

Well, I will play the banjo with my toes while telling my sister she has a pretty face and listening to her squeal like a pig... ( Sarcasm )

In that case you should consider taking a huge dump on the Stars and Stripes.......since our illustrious founding fathers created a slave republic to begin with.

Lee surrendered like a gentleman and dismissed calls for guerrilla warfare which would have only prolonged the suffering of the war. I didn't agree with his cause or some of his politics but only a fool would deny his military capabilities.

People who haven't studied the Civil War have no idea how close the Confederate States came to achieving independence recognized by England and France. If Gettysburg had went to the south both France and England would have done so

Lee surrendered like a gentleman and dismissed calls for guerrilla warfare which would have only prolonged the suffering of the war. I didn't agree with his cause or some of his politics but only a fool would deny his military capabilities.
Thank you, finally, a reasoned comment based on knowledge of actual history. Something the rest of you superficial dummies should take a lesson from.

People who haven't studied the Civil War have no idea how close the Confederate States came to achieving independence recognized by England and France. If Gettysburg had went to the south both France and England would have done so
The Confederacy never really had a strategy to actually defeat the Union. What they hoped for was to hand the north enough military defeats to erode their morale and lead them to a political settlement. Had the Confederacy continued to achieve success on the battlefield the Union would have eventually made a deal. Had the Confederacy gained diplomatic recognition from Britain or France they may well have succeeded.

This is all true but shame on Lee for not surrendering after Gettysburg. He was smart enough to know it was over. Historians mostly agree that he held on in hopes that Lincoln would be defeated in November of 64 but when that didn`t happen.....the thousands of deaths to follow were just murders IMO.

England's disdain for slavery and the cultivation of Egyptain cotton made intervention in the war unlikely.

The Confederacy had some allies in France as well but military aid seemed unlikely as they were too busy trying to rebuild on an Empire at the expense of Mexcio. It didn't turn out as they planned. lol

Forum List

Back