It's Pretty Fucking Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on his ignore list too. I can't even remember why. I think most of us were. But still......once someone dies, I see no point in trashing them..........but whatever.

When a thread in Announcements notifying USMB members of the death of one of our own, liked or not, results in that thread being hijacked by trolls who have nothing better to do than stalk, make pedophilia accusations, and insult family members. And then closed.

Even sadder is the fact that, although all of the above are rule violations, not a single ban resulted. (Until now, probably).

Post a link to the thread and ask poster who agree with your position to report every such post.
That, if your position is representative of general feelings on this forum, should result in bans.
I'll be happy to report unfounded accusations of pedophilia against the living or dead.
The family members rule is generally considered serious.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/356503-poet.html

Most of the posts were deleted. No action taken.

Just like most of your hit and run flames are merely deleted so were those that you are complaining about. If we were to ban everyone based on your desires there would be precious few left here.

Further, when reminded of the option to post in the Lounge, which is a protected space, you once again chose to post out in the harsh world which leads one to believe that your primary intent is to cause trouble.

Well, enjoy it. If you wish to have a memorial thread that won't get trashed then by all means post it in the Lounge and we will protect it. Your sniveling out here does you no
good at all, and denigrates his memory.

I know it was, Howey, but Poet was not the most popular poster here. You shoulda known what would happen. Here at usmb, there are some really rotten mean people. Whether he was liked or hated, he was loved by friends and family and this is just a message board. Still, he was a member here and some appreciated his posts..and now he is deceased and if someone can't say something nice they should keep their mouths shut. Which is why it should have been done in the Lounge.

Poet was an intelligent, articulate and well respected man who fought for the gay and poor communities of Houston with his words and actions.

He was demonstrably more a man than 90% of the trolls who were jealous of him here and elsewhere.

And very handsome too.

Poet was an intelligent, articulate and well respected man

Don't remember him ..... never chatted with him.

...who fought for the gay ......

Nuff said, you have my condolences -but if he fought for the gay community than he couldn't have been all that intelligent, because he fought against the greater good . Perhaps there'sa place in the sun for him next to Harvey Milk

Last edited:
I was on his ignore list too. I can't even remember why. I think most of us were. But still......once someone dies, I see no point in trashing them..........but whatever.

I agree -leave the dead lie . Lord knows he lied enough in life -that's assuming he was ever anythingmore than SOMEONE ELSES Sock Puppet. Hey Howey - you wouldn't know who that could be - would ya ?

Just like most of your hit and run flames are merely deleted so were those that you are complaining about. If we were to ban everyone based on your desires there would be precious few left here.

Further, when reminded of the option to post in the Lounge, which is a protected space, you once again chose to post out in the harsh world which leads one to believe that your primary intent is to cause trouble.

Well, enjoy it. If you wish to have a memorial thread that won't get trashed then by all means post it in the Lounge and we will protect it. Your sniveling out here does you no

You're a mod. You have the option to move, delete the thread, ban obvious violators of forum rules, or even ban me as you've done twice before.

You, as a mod, are injecting your personal opinions into your duties. A mod should be fair and impartial. You are far from either.

you said you were the new Sheriff.....so start Sheriffing....

When a thread in Announcements notifying USMB members of the death of one of our own, liked or not, results in that thread being hijacked by trolls who have nothing better to do than stalk, make pedophilia accusations, and insult family members. And then closed.

Even sadder is the fact that, although all of the above are rule violations, not a single ban resulted. (Until now, probably).

it is pretty sad you called me TK's sock puppet and called me a motherfucker before i ever posted in the thread.

you fucked your own thread up asshole.

You're a mod. You have the option to move, delete the thread, ban obvious violators of forum rules, or even ban me as you've done twice before.

You, as a mod, are injecting your personal opinions into your duties. A mod should be fair and impartial. You are far from either.

I don't believe I have ever banned you howey. There are very few that I have actually banned. Maybe 3? not counting SPAMMERS who I one touch ban. That being said, if I were not impartial I would ignore the vast majority of your reports, instead I review EACH one of them....and there are a LOT of them...just like I do for every other member here.

I don't particularly like you because of your behavior and attitude which I believe harm the gay rights movement. You are an extremist and I don't like ANY extremists...from any side. My daughter's godmother is a lesbian as is my sister, and I love them very dearly. My sister had to move to another state to get married to her wife, and that simply should not have to happen. But you, and people like you, are preventing meaningful reform in many states because of your attitude and asshole like behavior.

That being said, YOU placed this obviously inflammatory thread (because we saw it happen yesterday, so it was pretty damned obvious where it was going to go) in this region so that you could try and stir shit up to suit whatever personal need you have. You're a narcissist so you no doubt have MANY needs.

In concluding this little missive to you, according to the rules, I am fully within my duties to ban you for questioning my activities as a Mod. But, because I am NOT unfair. I am letting your little tantrum stay for all to see, and it will be they who judge who is reasonable or not.

:eusa_boohoo:

I don't know what thread you're talking about but let me ask you one question:

How does it feel? There's an old saying ... you get what you give. If you don't want to be disrespected then you need to learn now to respect others. What goes around usually comes around.

Howey, Westwall is one of the fairest mods here. Actually..all of them are. Like with Intense...I have a soft spot for Westwall, so maybe you should just try to calm down and from now on threads you don't want derailed with nasty stuff, post in Lounge. :smiliehug:

Howey, Westwall is one of the fairest mods here. Actually..all of them are. Like with Intense...I have a soft spot for Westwall, so maybe you should just try to calm down and from now on threads you don't want derailed with nasty stuff, post in Lounge. :smiliehug:

Westwall has been totally fair with me and fair with folks who totally disagree with him. I've belonged to forums where you could get an infraction or a ban for simply disagreeing with a mod. I even knew one that would alter statements then accuse a person of breaking the rules. I caught her in the act. I've NEVER seen any of the mods here playing games. It's a good forum (relatively speaking).

Consider the source. Racists did not like Poet, and will be hateful no matter what.

I didn't think much of Poet, I didn't know if he was white or black. that doesn't make me a racist.
I kept my mouth shut in the other thread, it is too bad he died, but sadly that is part of life.

Consider the source. Racists did not like Poet, and will be hateful no matter what.

I didn't think much of Poet, I didn't know if he was white or black. that doesn't make me a racist.
I kept my mouth shut in the other thread, it is too bad he died, but sadly that is part of life.

Yeah. I'm not too affected when I hear that someone died. We all have to someday. Sometimes, I think some of them might be better off. My dad was in horrible pain and suffering from Alzheimer's so I was actually relieved for his sake.

God you are a whiner.

Poet was a self proclaimed racist kid so at least he was honest.

You?

Just another liar.

I don't believe I have ever banned you howey. There are very few that I have actually banned. Maybe 3? not counting SPAMMERS who I one touch ban. That being said, if I were not impartial I would ignore the vast majority of your reports, instead I review EACH one of them....and there are a LOT of them...just like I do for every other member here.

I don't particularly like you because of your behavior and attitude which I believe harm the gay rights movement. You are an extremist and I don't like ANY extremists...from any side. My daughter's godmother is a lesbian as is my sister, and I love them very dearly. My sister had to move to another state to get married to her wife, and that simply should not have to happen. But you, and people like you, are preventing meaningful reform in many states because of your attitude and asshole like behavior.

That being said, YOU placed this obviously inflammatory thread (because we saw it happen yesterday, so it was pretty damned obvious where it was going to go) in this region so that you could try and stir shit up to suit whatever personal need you have. You're a narcissist so you no doubt have MANY needs.

In concluding this little missive to you, according to the rules, I am fully within my duties to ban you for questioning my activities as a Mod. But, because I am NOT unfair. I am letting your little tantrum stay for all to see, and it will be they who judge who is reasonable or not.

Now this brings me back to how I remember the forum when I first came here.

*sniff*

Yeah. I'm not too affected when I hear that someone died. We all have to someday. Sometimes, I think some of them might be better off. My dad was in horrible pain and suffering from Alzheimer's so I was actually relieved for his sake.

Sorry about your dad, would be hard to watch someone you love deteriorate with Alzheimer's.

Thread closed. There is already a thread on Poet here, and the material in this is more suitable for Flame Zone than Announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back