It's Over: Why Bill Ayers Won't Save John McCain

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
I hate to say it, but this is probably true.

Perpetually fretting Democrats will not want to accept it. The campaigns themselves can't afford to believe it. Many journalists know it but can't say it. And there will certainly be some twists and turns along the way. But take it to a well capitalized bank: Bill Ayers isn't going to save John McCain. The race is over.

John McCain's candidacy is as much a casualty of Wall Street as Lehman or Merrill. Like those once vibrant institutions, McCain's collapse was stunning and quick. One minute you are a well-respected brand. The next you are yelling at the messengers of your demise as all around you the numbers start blinking red and stop adding up.

McCain's road was difficult to begin with: the President of his party has had record-low approval ratings for two years and the number of Americans who say the country is heading in the wrong direction is stratospheric. He also had the misfortune to be pitted against an exceptional candidate running an extremely well-executed campaign.

Still, before Wall Street's collapse Senator McCain was ahead. His approval ratings remained high, his VP pick had generated excitement and interest, and his campaign operatives were capable, on any given day, of winning news cycles and giving their opponents fits. And then the underpinnings of American capitalism begin to sink -- and with them sunk McCain.

It's Over: Why Bill Ayers Won't Save John McCain - The Flack

My early prediction, pre-Palin, was that Obama would win.

A lot's happened since.

Like Palin.

The hate that's been unleashed against white gentile America with McCain's selection of Palin has not, in my view, gone unnoticed by the target. I think that on election day, we whites of a conservative bent are going to show up. All the supposed "youth voters" can barely figure out how to get to the polling place... so, I don't know. It's going to be a question of who turns out. Whites, oldsters, conservatives, soccer moms, veterans... they SHOW UP for elections. I see 'em, standing in line, patiently. The cons, welfare kings, felons, watermelon eaters, illegals, punk college kids and saucy Latinas? Eh, not as much. They're just not INTO boring stuff like actually voting. Much funner to scream and yell.

So, who knows. Obama supporters could be in for a surprise on election day. When the silent majority speaks, it roars.

You don't know anger until you know our anger. The flag-wavers do not like being beaten by the flag-burners, and that's what this campaign is coming down to.

Last edited:
boy... you talk to a conservative that way? I can only imagine the stupidity with which you'd regale someone on the "other side". :eusa_shifty:

Well don't you know Jillian? She follows this:

$dissenters_hate_freedom_copy.jpg

Obama winning is contingent on white people saying that they will vote for Obama and then actually checking that box on the ballot. I am dead sure that there are those that will tell you that they supprot Obama in order to not look like a racist, but when it comes down to it cannot cast the vote that goes against the social values that have been ingrained in them their entire lives. I could be worng, but keep think about that scene from that Chris Rock movie "Head of State."

Obama winning is contingent on white people saying that they will vote for Obama and then actually checking that box on the ballot. I am dead sure that there are those that will tell you that they supprot Obama in order to not look like a racist, but when it comes down to it cannot cast the vote that goes against the social values that have been ingrained in them their entire lives. I could be worng, but keep think about that scene from that Chris Rock movie "Head of State."

Speaking of Chris Rock:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frO6AC6wAc0]YouTube - Chris Rock w/ Bill Maher : "Obama Thinks The Vote Count Matters"[/ame]

Chris Rock always cracks me up.

He makes a great point about white people and rules. :lol:

"You got the most votes, too bad you lost. We use to count votes, now we count bacon."

Yeah, look at all those white people who didn't vote for Obama for State Senator. Then look at all those white people who didn't vote for Obama for US Senator. He's been elected before you know... this isn't Jessie Jackson. :cuckoo:

Yeah, look at all those white people who didn't vote for Obama for State Senator. Then look at all those white people who didn't vote for Obama for US Senator. He's been elected before you know... this isn't Jessie Jackson. :cuckoo:

He sure has been elected before, by liberal constiuents in a liberal state. He ran for US Senate against Alan Keyes. Corky form "Life goes On" could have beat Alan Keyes. The point is he has never been elected in the Deep South or Orange County.

I don't remember anytime in the last 6 months that McCain was consistently polling ahead of Obama.

Grandpa got a little bump around the GOP convention, and Palin added some excitement for a few days until people figured out how dumb she was on national issues.

I'm not seeing where McCain was ever consistently or solidly in the lead.

CBS has Obama +3

Zogby has Obama +4

Ayers is in play. The importance of Ayers is that Obama disbursed over 100 million dollars of Ayers grant money over several years to left wing groups.

It is confirmed today Rezko is "singing". It is not confirmed if there's anything on Obama.

All attention will go on Obama now for two weeks as he is front runner.

Palin is back.

Look for more Wright.

McCain will beat Obama over the head on taxes.

Tomorrows debate is only the 2nd debate but it is important.

Any foreign policy flap helps McCain.

Plenty of time.

He sure has been elected before, by liberal constiuents in a liberal state. He ran for US Senate against Alan Keyes. Corky form "Life goes On" could have beat Alan Keyes. The point is he has never been elected in the Deep South or Orange County.

is IA is liberal state? I'm confused. didn't he quite handily whip Hillary's ass in Iowa a predominately white state?

Dems never have a chance in the deep south or Orange County...that has nothing to do with Obama's skin color.

Forum List

Back