It's over. The swamp is victorious.

I agree, I have no doubt he wanted to do it. I'd like to see big changes too. The problem is, he wasn't/isn't the guy to do it.

First, overwhelming people with the sheer force of your personality might work in commercial real estate, but not in national politics, where you're surrounded by egos that are at LEAST as big as his.

Second, his behaviors (and now, those of his people) have been so repellent and embarrassing that people from his own party aren't going to have his back. They may be fun to watch and shake your fist at, but they're counterproductive.

Wanting to drain the swamp is fine, but this was such a bad choice to do it, that the swamp is looking presidential and statesmanlike in comparison. It may turn out that Trump had the OPPOSITE effect.

See I disagree with that.
He is not your average well polished politician (read slick car salesman) who literally has DAILY meetings with handlers whose only job is to weigh public opinion and make sure they say things that seem to agree with whatever the current opinion is.
Like MOST OF US...he is blunt, he says what he thinks.
Who cares.
I am glad he isn't yet another canned, groomed corrupt politician that pays lip service for a living.

The guy we hired to drain the swamp? He got absorbed right into it.
Yeah, but DRAIN THE SWAMP fit real good on a bumper sticker, and it was easy to scream at rallies!
I have no doubt he wanted to do it. He just is getting no help at all. Now he's compromising so much, the swamp has started to engulf him.
I agree, I have no doubt he wanted to do it. I'd like to see big changes too. The problem is, he wasn't/isn't the guy to do it.

Well then who would have been? We have been asking for change for decades and we keep putting politicians in there who DO NOT CHANGE A THING. It was reasonable to try someone who was not a politician.

Second, his behaviors (and now, those of his people) have been so repellent and embarrassing that people from his own party aren't going to have his back. They may be fun to watch and shake your fist at, but they're counterproductive.

1. None of his supporters care about what you call his "antics".
2. His own party is part of the problem and would have resisted him no matter what. As we have seen, the GOP isn't really interested in actually doing any of the things they promise.
3. They aren't counterproductive at all. The GOP has a chance to get things done, and what he says about Megyn Kelly, or Morning Joe, or Hillary Clinton do nothing to stop them from getting things done. It's their excuse not to do anything. Do you really think that the Senate is saying to themselves "I'd really like to repeal Obamacare but we can't because Trump is tweeting?

Wanting to drain the swamp is fine, but this was such a bad choice to do it, that the swamp is looking presidential and statesmanlike in comparison. It may turn out that Trump had the OPPOSITE effect.

No, it was the only choice we had. It could have worked too but the GOP is part of the swamp and they aren't going to let it get drained. the fact that the swamp doesn't tweet things derogatory about it's own members doesn't matter. It's what the swamp has done and not done that counts.

the Democrats, the neocons, the so-called conservatives, they all have proven themselves to be parts of the swamp. We knew the left was dirty, that goes without saying. Here we had an opportunity to drain the swamp and the swamp emerges victorious.

The guy we hired to drain the swamp? He got absorbed right into it. There is no difference between the left and the right at all. The left lies all the time, we know that but the right has also been lying. They had an opportunity to do great things and wtf did they do? They say on their hands and did nothing.

This Trumpcare fiasco is proof that they won't dare do anything. They don't really believe in free markets, they don't believe in personal responsibility, and they don't believe in small government.

They needed to stand behind the President while he was being attacked and lied about but what did they do? Not a damn thing.

Marco Rubio is my congresscritter. What did you do Marco? Not a damn thing. I will vote for whoever is running against you in the primaries, and if you win anyway, I will do my impression of Marco Rubio and sit on my hands come Election Day.
Trump is not a conservative. He never was. While I support SOME of his agenda this "trumpcare" shit is just Ocare Lite.
Congresses job is not to defend the President but to keep the President in check.
I can tell you this much. The healthcare industry loathes Obamacare...but they weren't too keen on the GOP version either.

I can tell you this, I am in the healthcare field, have been for 34 years. I know doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, x-ray techs you name it. Most don't have the slightest clue what is actually in Trumpcare. I'm one of the few why keep up with politics and that is why I'm so disgusted with the GOP.
I was actually referring to the higher ups in the healthplans ( I agree with you otherwise). But I do think that anyone who works in healthcare and voted for Obama is a dumb ass and should have been the first in line to be laid off when Obamacare forced (and still does) job loss in the hospitals and healthplans.

Most of us didn't vote for Obama. At least, of the people I know, no one will admit to it.

Swamp draining is a slow and lumbering process. You can't turn a locamotive around on a dime. These tracks have been tough to tame so far, but they can be tamed no doubt. Have to get everyone on board the train, and that means everyone that wants the swamp drained, and then slowly but meticulously get it done.
Can he drain the swamp while allowing his appointees to not be subject to background checks regarding their ethics? Not a chance.Trump Cabinet picks' ethics disclosures lag behind Obama's

Some Trump nominees missing crucial ethics paperwork as confirmation hearings begin

Ethics Office Struggling to Vet Trump’s Cabinet Picks, Warns Against GOP Rush
Do you think Kushner and Trump`s 2 rotten kids are honest citizens?

Predfan is of course right.
The GOP, like the Democrats, are nothing more than established puppets of Big money and corporations.
And both sides feed off of our divisiveness and inability to talk to each other. It is how they stay in office.

Swamp draining is a slow and lumbering process. You can't turn a locamotive around on a dime. These tracks have been tough to tame so far, but they can be tamed no doubt. Have to get everyone on board the train, and that means everyone that wants the swamp drained, and then slowly but meticulously get it done.
Can he drain the swamp while allowing his appointees to not be subject to background checks regarding their ethics? Not a chance.Trump Cabinet picks' ethics disclosures lag behind Obama's

Some Trump nominees missing crucial ethics paperwork as confirmation hearings begin

. You speak like you speak because you are biased. If you had an open mind, then you would be free from your handlers and your own destructive thinking about these matters. Get outside your box, and start fighting for your country instead of fighting against it. You know what the Americans across this land want, and it ain't the idiocy of the Demon-crats.

. You speak like you speak because you are biased. If you had an open mind, then you would be free from your handlers and your own destructive thinking about these matters. Get outside your box, and start fighting for your country instead of fighting against it. You know what the Americans across this land want, and it ain't the idiocy of the Demon-crats.
That`s your defense of Trump not vetting his appointees? I`m biased? What a piss poor response beagle and you should be embarrassed.

First, overwhelming people with the sheer force of your personality might work in commercial real estate, but not in national politics, where you're surrounded by egos that are at LEAST as big as his.

He is not your average well polished politician (read slick car salesman) who literally has DAILY meetings with handlers whose only job is to weigh public opinion and make sure they say things that seem to agree with whatever the current opinion is.
Who cares.
I am glad he isn't yet another canned, groomed corrupt politician that pays lip service for a living.
Yeah, but DRAIN THE SWAMP fit real good on a bumper sticker, and it was easy to scream at rallies!
I have no doubt he wanted to do it. He just is getting no help at all. Now he's compromising so much, the swamp has started to engulf him.

Well then who would have been? We have been asking for change for decades and we keep putting politicians in there who DO NOT CHANGE A THING. It was reasonable to try someone who was not a politician.

2. His own party is part of the problem and would have resisted him no matter what. As we have seen, the GOP isn't really interested in actually doing any of the things they promise.
3. They aren't counterproductive at all. The GOP has a chance to get things done, and what he says about Megyn Kelly, or Morning Joe, or Hillary Clinton do nothing to stop them from getting things done. It's their excuse not to do anything. Do you really think that the Senate is saying to themselves "I'd really like to repeal Obamacare but we can't because Trump is tweeting?

No, it was the only choice we had. It could have worked too but the GOP is part of the swamp and they aren't going to let it get drained. the fact that the swamp doesn't tweet things derogatory about it's own members doesn't matter. It's what the swamp has done and not done that counts.

Who cares.
That's all fine, for those who feel that way. Just as it's reasonable for others to be turned off by his behaviors. For them, behaviors and temperament count, they are not qualities that can be overlooked in ignored in a President. Not to this degree, which is unlike anything any of us have ever seen.

And the point here really isn't about how you or I feel about him. The fact remains, he can't do this by himself, and there are people on his side of the aisle who feel that his behaviors and temperament make him toxic. He's making the choice to be the way he is, and his supporters are making the choice to support him. Okay, great, but you have to take the bad with the good.

If you want him to be the bull in the china shop, great. But don't be surprised if everyone who matters leaves the store.

It wasn't the only choice we had. I hate when voters talk as if Trump and Hillary were the only people running. There were 16 other people in the Republican primary. In my opinion Rand Paul would have been great. Him and his father showed that they're not afraid to not only stand up to their own party but reach across the aisle to get things done. Add to that genuine conservative principles and a professional attitude and he would have been infinitely better than Trump.

It wasn't the only choice we had. I hate when voters talk as if Trump and Hillary were the only people running. There were 16 other people in the Republican primary. In my opinion Rand Paul would have been great. Him and his father showed that they're not afraid to not only stand up to their own party but reach across the aisle to get things done. Add to that genuine conservative principles and a professional attitude and he would have been infinitely better than Trump.
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but the one ballot that would have really excited me would have been Kasich vs.Webb. The only way I was going to vote for Hillary was if Trump or Cruz ran. And shit, it happened.

Trump is a hand grenade. I realize some Republicans had gotten to a point of desperation, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you ACT out of desperation. Maybe it's better to calm down and get incremental wins rather than to burn the place down.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but the one ballot that would have really excited me would have been Kasich vs.Webb. The only way I was going to vote for Hillary was if Trump or Cruz ran. And shit, it happened.

Trump is a hand grenade. I realize some Republicans had gotten to a point of desperation, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you ACT out of desperation. Maybe it's better to calm down and get incremental wins rather than to burn the place down.

Republican voters were trying to fight a fire with gasoline, but they didn't even do that right. They got Trump into office but reelected the swamp. Then bragged that they they owned all three branches of government, even though two of them were the swamp. Now they want to blame everybody but themselves for the swamp.

If the nation would work with this President instead of fighting against him for the sick and twisted Hollywood establishment, then we could begin to heal this nation. Hollywood is dead set on disrupting our government when it doesn't like the outcome of an election, and that is unexceptable. We must realize who the culprits are, and we must work to dis-lodge them from our government and courts.

If the nation would work with this President instead of fighting against him for the sick and twisted Hollywood establishment, then we could begin to heal this nation. Hollywood is dead set on disrupting our government when it doesn't like the outcome of an election, and that is unexceptable. We must realize who the culprits are, and we must work to dis-lodge them from our government and courts.

What the fuck does Hollywood have to do with anything? Partisan hacks find the most random scapegoats.

Who cares.

Who cares.
That's all fine, for those who feel that way. Just as it's reasonable for others to be turned off by his behaviors. For them, behaviors and temperament count, they are not qualities that can be overlooked in ignored in a President. Not to this degree, which is unlike anything any of us have ever seen.

And the point here really isn't about how you or I feel about him. The fact remains, he can't do this by himself, and there are people on his side of the aisle who feel that his behaviors and temperament make him toxic. He's making the choice to be the way he is, and his supporters are making the choice to support him. Okay, great, but you have to take the bad with the good.

If you want him to be the bull in the china shop, great. But don't be surprised if everyone who matters leaves the store.

He wanted to drain the swamp. They ARE the swamp. Trump just provided them an excuse to do what they were going to do: nothing.

Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, they are always brave and true when they know for sure that what they are pushing has no chance of passing. I voted for Cruz in the primary, but he's been a disappointment since. They are all politicians, and they are part of the swamp. Our only chance was to try a non-politician. Putting yet another politician like Cruz, or Paul, or Rubio, would have been George Bush II. No thanks.

That has been the GOP tactic for decades. It has failed.

the Democrats, the neocons, the so-called conservatives, they all have proven themselves to be parts of the swamp. We knew the left was dirty, that goes without saying. Here we had an opportunity to drain the swamp and the swamp emerges victorious.

The guy we hired to drain the swamp? He got absorbed right into it. There is no difference between the left and the right at all. The left lies all the time, we know that but the right has also been lying. They had an opportunity to do great things and wtf did they do? They say on their hands and did nothing.

This Trumpcare fiasco is proof that they won't dare do anything. They don't really believe in free markets, they don't believe in personal responsibility, and they don't believe in small government.

They needed to stand behind the President while he was being attacked and lied about but what did they do? Not a damn thing.

Marco Rubio is my congresscritter. What did you do Marco? Not a damn thing. I will vote for whoever is running against you in the primaries, and if you win anyway, I will do my impression of Marco Rubio and sit on my hands come Election Day.

so 70% of the population of the country is "swamp" and only nutbags like you and the other trump loons aren't?

you're funny....

delusional but funny.

Republican voters were trying to fight a fire with gasoline, but they didn't even do that right. They got Trump into office but reelected the swamp. Then bragged that they they owned all three branches of government, even though two of them were the swamp. Now they want to blame everybody but themselves for the swamp.

Bullshit.
Conservatives are at least three times as likely as liberals to call out their own.
Conservatives are twice as hard on their candidates as liberals.
For Christ sake - HILLARY was the Democrat ticket!!!!! Hillary!!
You will see even right on this forum conservatives repeatedly saying BOTH sides of the aisle are corrupt and at fault. Liberals? They blame everything on Republicans.

so 70% of the population of the country is "swamp" and only nutbags like you and the other trump loons aren't?

you're funny....

delusional but funny.

70% of the population is GOP Politicians? Learn to read, idiot.

Forum List

Back