Its over for Obama, this is why

8 months out and I'm super confident that Obama is going to win because he is not going to be taken down by any of the GOP candidates. The only thing that could destroy his campaign is self-sabotage and he's too smart of politician to do that, this last week not withstanding.

Oh brother....asking you to ante your tag line isn't much of a gamble now is it? You don't seem to want to stand by your statements other than tacit, meaningless conjecture. Gee, YOU started the thread; not me. A little confidence in actions to match the conjecture is to be expected, no?

It does bring up though, if Obama or Romney or Santorum or Gingrich or Paul are elected, they are going to be the duly elected President of the United States. You should have no proclivity to urging all fellow Americans to wish him well. Odd that you don't want to do that. Somehow, I would imagine that if someone other than Obama were to win, you'd have no problem urging others to wish the president-elect well.

Why not duly elected President Obama? Hmmm? Not personal is it?

candycorn we are as you say 8 months out
Look, there is something the liberal misses in life

I wish no-one harm nor do I wish any-one bad luck

We dis-agree with the exception of the way BHO has dealt with OBL, every-thing
candycorn to start with Obama is a very dis-honest person.

From the "subsidies" to GM to creating jobs to the no new tax promise to telling the supreme court that the "fine" for not having health ins is a tax to his defict record to inherting the 1.4 trillion dollar defict in 09, etc... etc....
all of these items he has been dis honest about

Wishing this man good luck? I wish he would stop being so dis-honest and keep his knows out of events that is none of his business, stop race baiting, be proud of who you are
He threw his pastor under the bus in days

luck? Oh boy, where did that come from?

There you go again;

You can't separate the man from the position.

The wager is to simply say, "All Hail President ______, your President, my President, our President." You're not exactly promising to have his baby or supporting all of his policies. Just wishing the President or President/Elect good luck.

If you can't do that, you've got more problems than a math book.

Why do you liberals do this?
Dude you want to debate the issues, fine
you want to play in the sand box, you will do it by yourself
No More candycorn, your childish threads have found an end with me

candycorn we are as you say 8 months out
Look, there is something the liberal misses in life

I wish no-one harm nor do I wish any-one bad luck

We dis-agree with the exception of the way BHO has dealt with OBL, every-thing
candycorn to start with Obama is a very dis-honest person.

From the "subsidies" to GM to creating jobs to the no new tax promise to telling the supreme court that the "fine" for not having health ins is a tax to his defict record to inherting the 1.4 trillion dollar defict in 09, etc... etc....
all of these items he has been dis honest about

Wishing this man good luck? I wish he would stop being so dis-honest and keep his knows out of events that is none of his business, stop race baiting, be proud of who you are
He threw his pastor under the bus in days

luck? Oh boy, where did that come from?

There you go again;

The wager is to simply say, "All Hail President ______, your President, my President, our President." You're not exactly promising to have his baby or supporting all of his policies. Just wishing the President or President/Elect good luck.

Do what? Expect you to stand by your statement? You just hate that someone called you on your bullshit stance that it has something to do with his bailing out GM or whatever it was.

Here is a synopsis of the day:

You: Obama is finished.
Me: How about a wager hailing the new President regardless of who wins?
You: No, I don't want to be seen in any way supporting the President if it's Obama.

Seriously, your hatred for the man is part and parcel of the intransigence that is slowly killing this country.

PS: Annual Budget deficit and Federal Debt levels are different things.

You’re a hater generally, and a Romney hater specifically. Opinion on this issue from people like you is a waste. The election is not going to be about Romney, it'll be about Obama.... That isn’t good for Obama.

NO, it will be about both of them.

Obama's a known quantity. Romney isn't.

This is why incumbants win far more often than they lose.

Normally, Obama would be in real trouble with his current stats... but Romney is simply so awful in just about every way- Weird religion, creepy gaffes, slimy business practices, dog torture - that Obama probably has a good chance.

My question is, looking at the four jokers who are left, this was REALLY the best the GOP could come up with? Really?

Exactly...That works against him not for him.

Um, nope. Incumbancy is almost always a plus.

Five incumbants have lost since 1900. Let's review them, shall we? Try to keep up, I kno you aren't very bright.

Robert Taft- Lost when Teddy Roosevelt, the man who picked him for the job, turned on him and ran as an independent.

Herbert Hoover. Lost because the worst depression in recorded history happened on his watch. It would take 20 years for his party to recover.

Gerald R. Ford. - Probably shouldn't be on the list, as he never stood on a national ticket. Lost because he pardoned Nixon in a corrupt deal. Was challenged for the nomination by Ronald Reagan. And he DAMNED NEAR won

Jimmy Carter- Hostage crisis, Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, Challenged within his party by Ted Kennedy and then outside his party by John Anderson before losing to Reagan.

George H. Bush- Major recesssion. S&L Meltdown. Challenged by his own party thorugh Pat Buchanan and then by a third party ticket led by Ross Perot.

Simply put, you go through the checklist, and the things that take down a president aren't there. No Democrat challenged him for the nomination and if there is a third party run at all, it will be from the right of Romney. The only element that is in place is a recession, and presidents have survived recessions, especially if the Recession happened on the last guy watch...

There you go again;

Do what? Expect you to stand by your statement? You just hate that someone called you on your bullshit stance that it has something to do with his bailing out GM or whatever it was.

Here is a synopsis of the day:

You: Obama is finished.
Me: How about a wager hailing the new President regardless of who wins?
You: No, I don't want to be seen in any way supporting the President if it's Obama.

Seriously, your hatred for the man is part and parcel of the intransigence that is slowly killing this country.

PS: Annual Budget deficit and Federal Debt levels are different things.

what have you called me out on?
you want to do it 1 thru? or A thru?
anytime you want to start is fine with me

Make sure you use an exact quote
Ok, here we go

Toro a poll in the middle of a GOP election is worthless
Look Obama has an approval rating about the same as his poll numbers against romney, low 40s

When we get into September we can talk one vs one
Until that time when you ahve 35-40 voting Santorum and 40-43 voting Romney against a 40-45 Obama its not looking good for Obama
Your poll numbers are correct, but when your havering in the 40s in approval as well as voting for, your in trouble
here is some more polls to chew on
Rasmussen Consumer Index - Rasmussen Reports™
Generic Congressional Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™
Trust on Issues - Rasmussen Reports™

every poll here supports my opinion. Until we get A real GOP canidate, those other polls mean little until BHO gets to 50%

this poll has Obama at 46% avg vs low 40s for Romney
lets see how that can be with all of this other info
also 6 weeks ago these numbers were allot different, in fact Rasmussen had Romney way ahead

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - President Obama vs. Republican Candidate

Toro Romney is an idiot, but BHO is worse
Romnies hack made his comment about shaking up the agenda after he gets his "nomination" has hurt Romney allot, it will go away

I'm not saying that Obama is going to win. I'm saying that saying it is "all over" for Obama six months before the election when he has consistently been leading all potential Republican candidates for a long period of time is merely partisan bluster and should be ignored.

Toro, I hate it because we dis agree you call it a blunder as well as partisan
Liberals cannot leave that crap at home, I know I know your not a lib, you just play one on late night message boards
and with that why did you not ignore it?

Thats the way I feel,
The information on a whole clearly shows that when you have approval numbers were BHO are as well as the numbers in the other polls, espicially the trust the public has with the economy

I also would like to add that it looks to me that the GOP will take control of the senate and keep the house
Obama has lost his luster, its the way I feel and the polls I provided above clearly support that

All I'm saying is that if you think "it's over" for Obama six months before the election when he has been leading in almost every poll for the past six months, you aren't looking at it objectively.

I'm not saying that Obama is going to win. I'm saying that saying it is "all over" for Obama six months before the election when he has consistently been leading all potential Republican candidates for a long period of time is merely partisan bluster and should be ignored.

Toro, I hate it because we dis agree you call it a blunder as well as partisan
Liberals cannot leave that crap at home, I know I know your not a lib, you just play one on late night message boards
and with that why did you not ignore it?

Thats the way I feel,
The information on a whole clearly shows that when you have approval numbers were BHO are as well as the numbers in the other polls, espicially the trust the public has with the economy

I also would like to add that it looks to me that the GOP will take control of the senate and keep the house
Obama has lost his luster, its the way I feel and the polls I provided above clearly support that

All I'm saying is that if you think "it's over" for Obama six months before the election when he has been leading in almost every poll for the past six months, you aren't looking at it objectively.

The poll from late Jan I posted had Romeny ahead in one and close in the others.
Look its an opinion I have because of his performance, his behavior as well as the relaity of were we are as a country
Does not mean I am right
And yes I am a conservative, in fact Obamas best chance to win is Romeny. I think Obama lied, people have figued that out
His defict spending is out of control
his race baiting is boring and classless
People want there health care issues regulated and made better (cost) but not what he did, espicially with the economy and gas prices were they are

These election polls are volitile, the approval poll has not been
Another item to consider, that is BHO not finished if the senate goes GOP?
blaming congress when 1/2 of congress is Harry Reid, Not GOP is stupid I think

Toro we can agree to dis-agree, thats what the people in Wahington have forgot how to do.
Siding with Al Sharpton and Jesse jackson on an event that repeats itself 100s of times in this country yearly will not get you re-elected
Thats where Obama is

In the last three weeks, there have been nine polls published. Romney is leading in exactly zero of them. The best he has done is one tie. In three polls, Obama leads by over 10%. So saying that it is "over" for Obama is kind of like saying its "over" for a football team that has won eight of its first nine games, and the other being a tie.

Look Obama has an approval rating about the same as his poll numbers against romney, low 40s

Until that time when you ahve 35-40 voting Santorum and 40-43 voting Romney against a 40-45 Obama its not looking good for Obama
Your poll numbers are correct, but when your havering in the 40s in approval as well as voting for, your in trouble

every poll here supports my opinion. Until we get A real GOP canidate, those other polls mean little until BHO gets to 50%

also 6 weeks ago these numbers were allot different, in fact Rasmussen had Romney way ahead

Romnies hack made his comment about shaking up the agenda after he gets his "nomination" has hurt Romney allot, it will go away

Good analysis.

More than the polls themselves; if you consider the REPUBLICAN lack of enthusiasm for Romney you would really paint a picture of how dismal his performance may be this November.

Good analysis.

More than the polls themselves; if you consider the REPUBLICAN lack of enthusiasm for Romney you would really paint a picture of how dismal his performance may be this November.

I was raised a blue dog dem
I voted the same until RR, and voted some Dem even after that, as late as 1998

If i was a Lib, I would be soooooooo pissed at Obama I would not know were to start
he had the capital that one gets once a life-time along with congress to go with it. What do they do with it?
well its in the supreme court and put the knife in the heart of bi partisanship, as well as those very people who voted to elect him to start with

I tried to count the people who voted for BHO I know who not only will not vote for him again, have told me that they would take GWB in a heartbeat over him (not all with that one, just some)
People were exited in 08, to the person there pissed in 2012
Romney is a bad choice, Obama is not a choice. even the polls show that

People were told 200 billion dolllar deficts were bad
5% UE was out of control
Iraq was lost
That the reason the housing bubble occured was because GWB was president, now they know it was there fault, not his
Those same ARM loans ares till there. That being underwater is worse today than at any-time before
we spent trillions we do not have to get here
That wall street is evil, until they looked at there 401k statements this year
That Tarp was a GWB failure, until BHO gave the UAW 100 billion we will never get all back

More nonsense and misleading statements JRK.

The budget vote they took was politcal gamesmanship.

Let me remind you once again that Sen. Reid told President Bush that unless he changes course in Iraq the war is lost.

The Israel-US dust up with Iran has more to do with the high oil prices today than any thing else.

The Republican quest to give President Obama his "Waterloo" moment is more of a cause of the increase in partisanship, mush more so that the much needed Healthcare reform.

Anyone who doesn't know the President can't make strategic deals during an election is out of touch. those enraged by this comment are partisan looking for something, anything to try and hang an albatrose arround his neck.

The President is free to speak his mind.

Dream on pseudo-con.

Let me remind you once again that Sen. Reid told President Bush that unless he changes course in Iraq the war is lost.

The Israel-US dust up with Iran has more to do with the high oil prices today than any thing else.

The Republican quest to give President Obama his "Waterloo" moment is more of a cause of the increase in partisanship, mush more so that the much needed Healthcare reform.

Anyone who doesn't know the President can't make strategic deals during an election is out of touch. those enraged by this comment are partisan looking for something, anything to try and hang an albatrose arround his neck.

Dream on pseudo-con.

The budget vote they took was politcal gamesmanship

If thats true then just submitting a fantasy budget ranks higher in that game of BS

Dream on pseudo-con.

If thats true then just submitting a fantasy budget ranks higher in that game of BS

Not taking the debt this country faces is sad
Obama is all about games.
One other thing I would ask the left, was our reps not suppose to vote on it?

Dream on pseudo-con.

Not taking the debt this country faces is sad
Obama is all about games.
One other thing I would ask the left, was our reps not suppose to vote on it?

Most of the debt is from cutting taxes on the rich, financing two wars and bailing out big banks.

A way to solve the budget crisis is to stop deficit spending, increase taxes, reduce spending, (Balanced budget amendment) and have a plan to pay off the debt. Never let the goverment engage in deficit spending unless Congress has the ball to declare War.

man is the right going to be disappointed this November.

I wonder how many people will completely lose their minds when Obama is re elected?

retard.jpg

Reagan said it best in his campaign to beat Carter:
"Are you better off now then you where 4 years ago?".
If The GOP nominee asks that question in the general election people will have to take a close look, and if they answer yes then they are not being very honest. Even the nations poorest are worse off now then they where 4 years ago, how do they afford the gas and the increasing price of food? Everybody is worse off then we where 4 years ago. It's time for real change.

Reagan said it best in his campaign to beat Carter:
"Are you better off now then you where 4 years ago?".
If The GOP nominee asks that question in the general election people will have to take a close look, and if they answer yes then they are not being very honest. Even the nations poorest are worse off now then they where 4 years ago, how do they afford the gas and the increasing price of food? Everybody is worse off then we where 4 years ago. It's time for real change.

It is without question the basis of my thread.
The company I worked for was booming in 2008, there now working in Canada and my 6 year stint with them has left me wondering what is next for me
If not for the work being done in refinaries in Texas that work would have ended in 2010.

I do not blame any-one, I do feel that Obama should be held in account for the dismal job market
Construction, espicially the size of projects I work on are by definition trickle down job building machines
the 1000s, maybe millions of jobs from increased oil production, delivary, refinement, as well as nuclear energy is costing us 100s of billions in capital

Forum List

Back