It's only about getting reelected

ARe you republicans denying that a lower class even exists? I'm not understanding how you are denying any truth to the OP.

The ability of very small numbers within a society to accumulate massively disproportionate amounts of the wealth generated by that society has never, ever, been shown to be of measureable net positive worth.

The feudal society is a variant of the progressive income tax. Serfs are effectively taxed out of any opportunity for advancement.

You don't know the first thing about feudalism. Feudalism was a far more just system than the present US system.

Book: read!

a class system is a product of our human nature. Where the faster, stronger, smarter... all given traits, accompanied by a certain work ethic, rise to the top, and thus, accumulate scarce resources, such as money, and create institutions to maintain that wealth, and keep it from everyone else. It becomes who you know that can get you that top position or well-paying job to launch you into the wealthy class. Implied here is a hard work ethic as well. What's funny to me, is that given that there is theoretically a limited amount of currency in our system at any given time, every dollar more that a rich person makes, is one dollar less a poor person has. It's not like the rich get richer, and the poor can stay the same. People justify the wealthy keepin their wealth, at the expense of the poor getting poorer, in saying "They worked hard to get there. Let them keep it." But, they don't need it. They don't need that extra yacht. They got there only because of advantages they were either born with, or born into a wealthy family, or any similar variation of that. There are those success stories of those who come up from the lower class and make it, but that is a small minority of the wealth cases in America. That one would blame this on progressives is very distorted. No one has that much power, it is something we do to ourselves, that humans do to each other, innately. It's in our nature to create classes. You have the alpha male, and then everyone else... it all stems from that. We can't escape our animal nature. It permeates everything we do. Those with the resources will try to keep them, and in order to do that, they must sometimes actively prevent those who don't have them from getting them. Eventually, those with the scarce resources, and thus the power, insulate themselves from the lower classes by creating barriers such as closed circles, where it becomes about 'who you know' instead of your actual abilities and work ethic. It's that simple. It's the evolutionary drive playing itself out on a macro-economic scale. Am I stating the uber-obvious or am I narcissistic in thinking that this is some great unknown truth?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back