"It's only a movie!"

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Ever heard that statement? People tend to take things too seriously sometimes!

Egypt Bans Jim Carrey's 'Bruce Almighty'

CAIRO, Egypt - Egyptian authorities have banned the Jim Carrey film "Bruce Almighty," saying the comedy infringes on God's sacredness.

Madkour Thabit, who heads the state-run censorship body responsible for audio and visual productions, criticized the movie Friday for featuring "actors playing the role of God."

"The name of the movie — 'Bruce Almighty' — indicates that there is someone who can do anything and everything," Thabit said in a statement faxed to The Associated Press. "Such traits belong only to God."

In the film, Carrey plays a TV reporter who gets a shot at being God for a week.

In June, Egyptian censors banned "The Matrix Reloaded" on religious grounds, saying it challenged the topics of existence and creation.

In that case, I am surprised they didn't ban it here as well!!!! I thought that was a great movie!

This brings up a pretty good point, though...

In America, movies that try to make a serious statement about God or Jesus (Last Tempation of Christ, that Mel Gibson Jesus movie that I can't think of the name of, heck, even Dogma had a few things to say) are immediately attacked by some religious group or another, meanwhile ones that use that sort of stuff as comedy are completely ignored. Not that I think there's anything wrong with Bruce Almighty or any other comedy that uses stuff like that, I'm just saying it's really silly to go after the important ones and leave the fluffier ones alone. Oh, well.

And, they might as well go ahead and ban Matrix: Revolutions if they thought Reloaded dealt with religious themes too much, Revolutions pretty much blatantly says... Well, I won't say it cause it'll ruin it for anyone here who can put 2 and 2 together. SOMEONE SEE THIS MOVIE SO I CAN TALK ABOUT IT, DAMMIT!!!!

I'm giving everyone til the end of next weekend, then I'm posting every spoiler I can think of in every thread on this website! :fu2:

Tell us, tell us!!! spoil it for everyone that might want to see it! hahahahaha! nothing spoils it for me, you can tell me the whole story and I will still go see a movie!:p

DON'T TEMPT ME!!! I still haven't forgiven Jim for ruining Sixth Sense for me, I'm sure not going to ruin this for him. If Jim gives me the go-ahead, I will spoil it up, til then, my lips are sealed.

Who cares what Jim thinks! :D

I could care less, I dare you! hahahahahaahahha!

Ya double-dog dare me?

OK, SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Trinity dies, Neo dies, Agent Smith is stopped, Zion is saved.

More specific:
Trinity and Neo head to the machine city to stop Agent Smith at the source. Their ship crashes along the way and Trinity dies. Neo is hooked into the Matrix and fights Agent Smith. He realizes that Agent Smith is his exact opposite (he was told this at the beginning), so he allows Smith to take over his body. This causes them both to die, because Neo is +1 and Agent Smith is -1, so they cancel each other out. Neo dies with his arms stretched out and a giant cross of light shoots out of his chest. So, just in case there was anyone who was unsure, Neo was Jesus to these people, he died to save them. Personally, I wish they would've made it a little more ambiguous. Anyway, everything goes back to normal in the Matrix, Zion is free, and all the people who are in the Matrix that want to get out are allowed to.

And, naturally there's room for another sequel: in a conversation at the very end, this is said:

"Is Neo gone forever?"
"I have a feeling we'll see him again."

LIKE MAYBE IN THREE DAYS, SEE, CAUSE HE'S JESUS!!! Oh, those cryptic Wachowski brothers.

Anyway, it wasn't worth $7.50, but you guys might like it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So much for those that might have wanted to see the movie! :) Good boy Dan, i knew you would do it!:D

Filthy movie ruiner!!

Ahh, who cares! I haven't even seend part 2 yet, by the time I see part 3 I'll have forgotten what I read here!

Actually, my advice to you would be to just skip 2 & 3. The first one had a nice, open ending that would've been fine by itself, the next 2 were pretty much just ripoffs of that first one.

Wow you really just dug up a 10 year old thread. I had to look like three times.

How can a movie "Only a movie"? A movie is the real concept of life.And think movie maker should be responsible when he make god/religion related movie.