"It's Okay To Be White"

Of course it's ok to be white.....it's what some of us are....it's like saying it's ok to have two arms and two legs.
Good luck with that.
Sorry...I see where you are coming from....but I choose to not be overly sensitive. Just like I have gay pride..........nothing wrong with that.
You choose to ignore white supremacist recruitment, then. That's my objection to these pamphlets, and if it's a violation of someone's freedom not to be able to advocate putting blacks "back in their place," so be it.

Of course it's ok to be white.....it's what some of us are....it's like saying it's ok to have two arms and two legs.
Good luck with that.
Sorry...I see where you are coming from....but I choose to not be overly sensitive. Just like I have gay pride..........nothing wrong with that.
You choose to ignore white supremacist recruitment, then. That's my objection to these pamphlets, and if it's a violation of someone's freedom not to be able to advocate putting blacks "back in their place," so be it.

They're not "pamphlets". They're flyers with a simple 5 word slogan. You're the one who's reading all sorts of evil intent behind the message.

Good luck with that.

They're not "pamphlets". They're flyers with a simple 5 word slogan. You're the one who's reading all sorts of evil intent behind the message.
No, I'm not ignoring their intent. Why would an innocuous statement apropos of nothing be scattered all over a campus, and why would a monster size banner of it be hung across the Mass Pike. It OBVIOUSLY has more meaning than "5 simple words."

Yeah, we know what you're up to. Too bad, so sad. Your bigotry isn't welcome. Go back to your shack in Alabama and leave our kids alone.

You clearly don't know what the "it's ok to be white" people are up to.

This reaction that you're having, THAT'S exactly what they're up to. It's literally a troll to get progressives to condemn it, in order to point out the glaring anti-white sentiment that's rampant in the mainstream progressive movement. And every time you shut 'em down and call 'em racist, you play right into it.

You know why trolling is so effective, these days? Because overly sensitive progs are WAY too self righteous to help themselves from feeding those trolls. The ease with which you folks get just THOROUGHLY played by these basic shithead tactics cracks me up. It's like you were ALL home schooled! Just zero social awareness, it's somewhere between fascinating and utterly hilarious.
So they sent flyers to Universities all over New England but they didn't really mean it?

Okay.

I didn't say they didn't mean what they put on the flyers. I said that you clearly don't know what they're up to, meaning that when you imply that there's some bigoted undertone to the flyers, you're flatly incorrect.

In terms of whether or not they mean what the flyers say, yeah, I'd imagine so. Not exactly a controversial statement, if you don't add progressive mental gymnastics to it.

Yeah, we know what you're up to. Too bad, so sad. Your bigotry isn't welcome. Go back to your shack in Alabama and leave our kids alone.

This reaction that you're having, THAT'S exactly what they're up to. It's literally a troll to get progressives to condemn it, in order to point out the glaring anti-white sentiment that's rampant in the mainstream progressive movement. And every time you shut 'em down and call 'em racist, you play right into it.

You know why trolling is so effective, these days? Because overly sensitive progs are WAY too self righteous to help themselves from feeding those trolls. The ease with which you folks get just THOROUGHLY played by these basic shithead tactics cracks me up. It's like you were ALL home schooled! Just zero social awareness, it's somewhere between fascinating and utterly hilarious.
So they sent flyers to Universities all over New England but they didn't really mean it?

Okay.

I didn't say they didn't mean what they put on the flyers. I said that you clearly don't know what they're up to, meaning that when you imply that there's some bigoted undertone to the flyers, you're flatly incorrect.

In terms of whether or not they mean what the flyers say, yeah, I'd imagine so. Not exactly a controversial statement, if you don't add progressive mental gymnastics to it.
Saying "It's Okay to be White" infers that some people say it's not okay to be white.
Do you agree with that?

Good luck with that.

No, I'm not ignoring their intent. Why would an innocuous statement apropos of nothing be scattered all over a campus, and why would a monster size banner of it be hung across the Mass Pike. It OBVIOUSLY has more meaning than "5 simple words."

The intent is to pull back the curtain and provoke the socially engineered to expose their racist double standard.

Okay.

Saying "It's Okay to be White" infers that some people say it's not okay to be white.
Do you agree with that?

Generally not in those words, no. That said, yes, I do see quite a LOT of anti white bias in mainstream progressivism.

Just consider the new updates to the English language. Racism suddenly has an "institutional power" requirement that only allows for the offender be white, because nonwhites supposedly don't have the institutional power to engage in racism. Simultaneously, the social justice narrative that mainstream progressives in media, politics and academia tend to adhere to declares that ALL white people are racist, because simply by living in this society, there's no way a white person can opt out of benefiting from white privilege.

So, by ignoring dozens, maybe hundreds of factors that could potentially affect the amount of institutional power that any individual might wield in any specific situation, the progressive wordsmiths have made it so ONLY whites are racist, and ALL whites are racist. They've used obvious trash logic to make the word, "racist", LITERALLY synonymous with, "white person". I'd say that qualifies as anti-white bias. At the very least, I could understand how someone could perceive it that way without assuming that their perception must necessarily be based upon hatred for the other.

Good luck with that.

Nothing wrong with white pride then? Are you sure about that? :eusa_think:
I don't think so....I know that some would disagree.

Good luck with that.
Oh, I know there's white supremacist recruiting going on....but we can't fight it by being overly sensitive. It just gives them something else to feel persecuted by.

Good luck with that.

I'd see them and go "meh"........it's a bit like this:
th

Good luck with that.

The intent is to pull back the curtain and provoke the socially engineered to expose their racist double standard.
That was the initial reason the slogan was floated years ago, rumor has it, but it was quickly coopted by the white supremacists and everyone acknowledges it.

If that was true, they would not be offended by the statement, "it is ok to be white".
I'm not offended by the statement. I'm offended by the likes of 007 and Mud who are using it to whine. Racists are basically big whiners, and however the phrase was initially introduced, it was quickly coopted by the Klan et al and it is now their calling card.

THe act of censorship, makes their "whining" justified. It is valid to complain about censorship.

YOUR calling it "whining" when it is justified, is you supporting the censorship and the racism.

Whether this is from white supremacists or NOT, it was a brilliant ploy, and the liberals in question fell for it, hook, line and sinker, revealing that, to them, it is not "ok to be white".
I support public censorship of that kind of garbage in exactly the way it was just "censored" -- by throwing it in the trash.
Translation: if someone does not agree with the way I think, the way I interpret everything then the first amendment must be thrown out and what I don't agree with must be censored.
Hate speech has no place in this country.
You are claiming that the words it is ok to be white is hate speech?
I can see why you would be confused. Words can be hard for some.
I could agree with you if one added it is not ok to be black behind it. But that is not what is there. Based only on the words there is no hate speech. Your interpretation may make it hate speech. But that does not mean to sane people it is.

I'm not offended by the statement. I'm offended by the likes of 007 and Mud who are using it to whine. Racists are basically big whiners, and however the phrase was initially introduced, it was quickly coopted by the Klan et al and it is now their calling card.

THe act of censorship, makes their "whining" justified. It is valid to complain about censorship.

YOUR calling it "whining" when it is justified, is you supporting the censorship and the racism.

Whether this is from white supremacists or NOT, it was a brilliant ploy, and the liberals in question fell for it, hook, line and sinker, revealing that, to them, it is not "ok to be white".
I support public censorship of that kind of garbage in exactly the way it was just "censored" -- by throwing it in the trash.
Translation: if someone does not agree with the way I think, the way I interpret everything then the first amendment must be thrown out and what I don't agree with must be censored.
I could agree with you if one added it is not ok to be black behind it. But that is not what is there. Based only on the words there is no hate speech. Your interpretation may make it hate speech. But that does not mean to sane people it is.
You really expect me to buy that?
Do YOU actually buy that?

Good luck with that.
Oh, I know there's white supremacist recruiting going on....but we can't fight it by being overly sensitive. It just gives them something else to feel persecuted by.
Do you think it was "overly sensitive" to remove the flyers and the banner?

You really expect me to buy that?
Do YOU actually buy that?
As a full-blown prig, could you disagree that white lives matter? How about cops' lives matter?

Good luck with that.
Do you think it was "overly sensitive" to remove the flyers and the banner?
I wouldn't have done it myself....I might have chuckled at the sensitive white boys who felt the need to put them up, like I point and laugh at people wearing MAGA red hats. At times, both sides can be overly sensitive, IMO.

That was the initial reason the slogan was floated years ago, rumor has it, but it was quickly coopted by the white supremacists and everyone acknowledges it.

"Everyone" also agrees that it's perfectly acceptable for blacks, women, gays and most especially Jews to advocate for their group interests. Even blatant ties to radical Communism inherent in BLM and intersectional feminism doesn't diminish the mainstream credibility of these movements.

At what point will it no longer be politically incorrect for white people do do the same? When we finally pass the threshold into minority status at 49% of the US population? Or when all of those awful, "old white men" are run out of positions of influence in government and business? Or do we have to wait for white lynchings to become commonplace?

It's okay to be green too ... Pepe ;)

It's okay to be white[1] or It's OK to be white (IOTBW) is a slogan based on a poster campaign organized on the American imageboard 4chan's board /pol/ in 2017, as a "proof of concept" that a "harmless message" would cause a media backlash.[2][3] Posters and stickers containing the sentence "It's okay to be white" were placed in streets in the United States as well as on campuses in the United States, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.[1][3] The slogan was spread by Fox News host Tucker Carlson, and racist groups including neo-Nazis and white supremacists.[4]

The suggestion for the use of posters with the saying originated on the message board /pol/ of 4chan, with the intent of provoking reactions. The saying was later spread by neo-Nazi groups and politically organized racists, including former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke and The Daily Stormer.[4] A report by the ADL states that the phrase itself has a history within the white supremacist movement going back to 2001 when it was used as the title of a song by a white power music group called Aggressive Force as well as fliers with the phrase being spotted in 2005 and the slogan being used by a member of the United Klans of America.[1]

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F674144948%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Forum List

Back