It's Okay because The Other Party Does It Too!

One thing I've noticed in both LibDems and ConservaRepubs is the penchant to excuse even the most heinous acts performed by politicians - as long as it is THEIR politicians performing them. This was true (and remains true) about Bush. He was caught red-handed violating our most sacred laws. They very things that make us a great country. But to this day, Republicans will cry "Well yeah, he may have violated the 4th, 6th and 8th amendments but it's okay if our country is no different than Iraq under Saddam or N. Korea because you know, he was Republican! It's OBAMA who is the bad guy because um, HE CONTINUED DOING IT!" Which would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.
The LibDems are no different. The same people who screamed about Bush violating the 6th amendment are giving Obama a free pass for signing legislation (NDAA) that completely eradicates it!

Wake up people. The politicians have become so masterful at manipulating us against each other, we don't hold them to the same standards as we would a normal citizen. As leaders, they should be held to a HIGHER standard, not excused for exemplifying the worst among us. The people who get my attention, whether in a discussion or on the national scene, are those willing to hold their OWN party to the same or higher standards than their opponents. There are a couple of Republican and at least one Democrat congressmen who are VERY good about that. Kay Bailey Hutchison used to be that way but has been silenced into conformity over the last few years. But it is We the People who SHOULD be the loudest voices when saying "Hey! You can't do that! If you do, we're no better than the other guys!"
Sadly, most of the voices I hear nowadays are saying "Well SURE what we're doing is horrible but it's okay because um, well look what THEY did!" And we wonder why things don't get better in this country...

Any Repub that excuses Bush is not a Repub their are just fanboys

Any Liberal that excuses Obama is not a Liberal they are just fanboys

i hate the two party system, because it divides the people. We are all americans, not rep or democrats. We are citizens of this country and we are all going through the same exact things and we should stick together, not be divided. The problem is that the Dem's we have in office right now are communistic, not America's. But we as citizens should all ban together and do what is in our favor, not what is in the politicians favor. I don't care what Party a person belongs too, if they are doing the citizens wrong, then vote them out. Its "United we stand"........and its our lives being affected, not these politicians lives.

i hate the two party system, because it divides the people. We are all americans, not rep or democrats. We are citizens of this country and we are all going through the same exact things and we should stick together, not be divided. The problem is that the Dem's we have in office right now are communistic, not America's. But we as citizens should all ban together and do what is in our favor, not what is in the politicians favor. I don't care what Party a person belongs too, if they are doing the citizens wrong, then vote them out. Its "United we stand"........and its our lives being affected, not these politicians lives.

I agree 100%. It's like alternative energy. This isn't a political issue but politicians have convinced everyone that it SHOULD be.
If you're a LibDem, you're supposed to like solar but hate nuke.
If you're a ConservaRepub, you're supposed to like nuke and hate solar.
WTF??? I like ANYTHING that will lower our dependence on the Middle East! Including domestic drilling!
But we've been told that energy itself, is "political". What's sad is so many people believe it.

Forum List

Back