It’s OK To Mourn For Our First Female President

585c1f6c1c00000a070ed13b.jpeg

We saw what happens when a woman dares to seek power. It was heartbreaking.

Six months ago I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. I was staring at my tiny iPhone screen, watching a larger-than-life woman stand before a packed crowd in Brooklyn, dressed all in white like some kind of goddess wizard, making history as she officially became the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

For the first time, a woman had a shot at real political power. For the first time, we could tell our daughters: You could be anything! And it would actually be true. As autumn approached, you could feel the excitement. Women were on the brink. On the morning of Election Day, they dressed in pantsuits and welled up, holding their little girls’ hands at the voting booth, posting adorable photos.

That night was a devastation. Ambitious women and girls across the country didn’t get a new role model. They got a smackdown.

Six months ago I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. I was staring at my tiny iPhone screen, watching a larger-than-life woman stand before a packed crowd in Brooklyn, dressed all in white like some kind of goddess wizard, making history as she officially became the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

For the first time, a woman had a shot at real political power. For the first time, we could tell our daughters: You could be anything! And it would actually be true. As autumn approached, you could feel the excitement. Women were on the brink. On the morning of Election Day, they dressed in pantsuits and welled up, holding their little girls’ hands at the voting booth, posting adorable photos.

That night was a devastation. Ambitious women and girls across the country didn’t get a new role model. They got a smackdown.

Though the sexism behind Clinton’s loss has hardly been a secret, it’s taken me awhile to truly grapple with what lays at the bottom of those election results. Clinton’s loss isn’t simply about emails or Russian hacking or James Comey or the perils of the Electoral College or the struggles of the so-called white working class. Underneath that, her loss has everything to do with the different expectations men and women face in our country. Her loss is about what we do to women who dare to seek power.

This struck me as I read Ta-Nehisi Coates’ incredible essay on Barack Obama’s presidency. “To secure the White House,” Coates writes in The Atlantic, “Donald Trump needed only money and white bluster.” This is the simplest evidence you need to understand that of course racism played a role Trump’s election, Coates writes.

Immediately, I realized, Coates missed something.

It wasn’t just money and bluster.

Trump is a man.

Much of the country went for the guy. Sure, technically she got more votes, is winning the popular vote by millions, but a huge percentage of the country went for him. Obama voters switched sides. He won.

With his utter lack of government experience, track record of lies, without disclosing his taxes, with his hateful comments about women, his boast about sexual assault. For all that, Trump was seen as more “authentic” than her. More likable.

That’s sexism. You can dress it up in as many ill-advised email servers or Benghazi hearings as you like.

Time and again, men get a pass.

More: It’s OK To Mourn For Our First Female President

Amen! If you liked the above, you should read the other half of the link.

Over a year has gone by and the moonbats are still cryin' tears as big as hoss turds.

emot113.gif
emot78.gif
emot116.gif
emot76.gif
23_11_621.gif
36_11_71.gif

Though the sexism behind Clinton’s loss has hardly been a secret, it’s taken me awhile to truly grapple with what lays at the bottom of those election results. Clinton’s loss isn’t simply about emails or Russian hacking or James Comey or the perils of the Electoral College or the struggles of the so-called white working class. Underneath that, her loss has everything to do with the different expectations men and women face in our country. Her loss is about what we do to women who dare to seek power.

This struck me as I read Ta-Nehisi Coates’ incredible essay on Barack Obama’s presidency. “To secure the White House,” Coates writes in The Atlantic, “Donald Trump needed only money and white bluster.” This is the simplest evidence you need to understand that of course racism played a role Trump’s election, Coates writes.

Trump is a man.

Much of the country went for the guy. Sure, technically she got more votes, is winning the popular vote by millions, but a huge percentage of the country went for him. Obama voters switched sides. He won.

With his utter lack of government experience, track record of lies, without disclosing his taxes, with his hateful comments about women, his boast about sexual assault. For all that, Trump was seen as more “authentic” than her. More likable.

That’s sexism. You can dress it up in as many ill-advised email servers or Benghazi hearings as you like.

Not when a woman dares to seek power, it's when THIS woman dares to seek power. We've seen the lies, seen the deceit.

The OP, known for his insanely partisan bat-shit crazy threads does not disappoint once again.

The United States doe not / never has had yet a Female President. Hillary was not even the 1st Female Presidential Candidate.

In 1872 Victoria Woodhull became the first female presidential candidate. Her candidacy preceded suffrage for women in the U.S.

- List of female United States presidential and vice-presidential candidates - Wikipedia

Hillary was not the 1st Female Democratic Party Candidate who ran for her Party's nomination, either. Shirley Chisholm, Carol Moseley Braun, and Patsy Mink ran for her.

Hillary was the 1st 2-Time loser, and the most corrupt, national security-endangering, criminal to ever have run.

Hillary was the epitome of 'corrupt, career politician, was everything America opposed, and was an insult to every honest hard working woman and to the women who had run before her.

Had she not been protected by Obama's FBI, DOJ, and Obama himself, Hillary would have been known as Inmate 5536145 rather than as a Presidential candidate...and now 2-time loser.

Trump is a man.

Have you not considered that Hillary was a weak candidate? She made three big mistakes in her campaign: 1. She promised to follow Obama policies, when polls consistently showed 63% of American's thought the country was headed in the wrong direction! 2. She ignored the rust belt states, believing she had a solid blue line that could not be broken! She ignored Bill's advice the she needed to spend more time talking about the economy and less time attacking Trump! Dirty tricks and the Clinton machine just didn't work in 2016. Don't worry though, the country will eventually have a female president, but it will have to be one who can garner support in middle America and just East & West coast!

We already had a first woman President.

She took over when her hubby, the POTUS, had a stroke. She ran things really well and she was leagues ahead of that POS HRC.

Her name was Edith Wilson.

Forum List

Back