It's Official.

GREECE here we come! The democrats have to know that we can't sustain this forever.

Maybe we'll be able to see first hand what the utopia of give a whole bunch of money earned by one small group to a whole bunch of people in a much larger group brings in the form the the first bankrupted state in the Union. I'm speaking, of course, of California. We have one of the largest economies in the world, and yet our government is still demanding more taxes. Well, this time they're not only demanding more from the "rich," they're also going to raise the sales tax (I thought that was a regressive tax? I guess, at this point in the game it doesn't matter). Well, once again CA may prove to be leading the way. But, who'll be rioting? I don't think it'll be the so-called rich--there's not many left here, I'm surprised there are any at all. I think it'll be the folks whose pension check for life is now dead because the state's in bankruptcy proceedings. Unions and the pensioners they protect will be screaming (are screaming) the loudest.

At some point there just won't be enough money from taxes to cover their checks and healthcare. Why they choose to ignore this I'll never understand. But they love to threaten the kids, and say we'll have our police and fire and trash services reduced. Wait. Isn't that already happening in cities where pension payments are consuming a huge portion of their budget? I wonder if the voters here will be coerced and duped into increasing our taxes--as though we don't pay enough already?

Anyway, yes on 32. No on 30.

:thup:

Forum List

Back