It's Official: Worst. Recovery. EVER

And the American people still voted Obama back in, they still gave the Dems Senate seats, and they still gave the Dems House seats. Wow, go figure. Perhaps they just weren't convinced that the Republicans can be trusted in their current incarnation, maybe?

Perhaps they also know what most of the rest of us know, that this wasn't just another recession.

More like a helluva lot of people actually don't know much about anything... the new era of the low-information voter who bought into stupid shit like wars on women and Republican want to throw granny off the cliff.

Ignorance rules among a majority of voters it seems.

The "we lost because voters are stupid" tactic isn't exactly a way to win hearts and minds. If personal responsibility was as important to the GOP as they claim it is, perhaps they should take the blame for being such lousy messengers.

I assume personal responsibility is still a priority, yes?

Sometimes the truth hurts. Truth isn't supposed to win hearts. Its supposed to wake people up.

Do you have a better way of saying people who know NOTHING about the mess we face still get a voice in its outcome?

Can America with its high wages, safe environment and working conditions etc compete with new emerging industrial powers such as China? Do we have to make choices such as giving up trying to control much of the world with our small but costly wars, our foreign aid, or give up some of our working benefits? Seems like are choices today are give up our entitlements or stop the wars?

More like a helluva lot of people actually don't know much about anything... the new era of the low-information voter who bought into stupid shit like wars on women and Republican want to throw granny off the cliff.

The "we lost because voters are stupid" tactic isn't exactly a way to win hearts and minds. If personal responsibility was as important to the GOP as they claim it is, perhaps they should take the blame for being such lousy messengers.

Sometimes the truth hurts. Truth isn't supposed to win hearts. Its supposed to wake people up.

Do you have a better way of saying people who know NOTHING about the mess we face still get a voice in its outcome?

None of my suggestions would interest the GOP in its current state. But I would be so bold as to float the idea that insulting, ignoring and antagonizing people from whom you want votes might be a good place to look if you want to change something the party is currently doing.

'If there was any debate whether the Fed's policies have helped the economy or just the market (and specifically the Bernanke-targeted Russell 2000), the following two charts will end any and all debate. As the following chart from the St Louis Fed shows, as of the just completed quarter, US GDP "growth" since the "recovery" is now the worst in US history, having just dipped below the heretofore lowest on record.'

GDP%20recovery_0.jpg

It's Official: Worst. Recovery. EVER | Zero Hedge

There is Epic Suck, and then there is ..... Obama.

Elections have consequences. Vote responsibly next time, peeps.

This is no surprise to me. The thing is that it wouldn't have been any different had McCain been elected. We are losing 10,000 workers per day from the workforce to retirement. The baby boomers have stopped spending money and are downsizing. Even if they are still working, they don't need to buy anything; all they are doing is saving for retirement. What we have is a situation where no matter what we do, we cannot create increased demand for products and services, other than healthcare. With a diminishing demand for all products and services, we are in a rut. I predicted this a few years back, that we would be in for a very long period of slow growth because of these factors.

With a lack of demand for products and services, it has been very difficult for younger workers to find work that pays reasonably enough so that they can consider marrying and starting their own families. This is why so many people are putting off having kids, and that is what drives the economy. When young people start marrying and start families, then they need bigger cars and bigger homes. When they need bigger homes, they need more furniture, and when they start having kids, they need all kinds of shit.

You guys all think that creating more jobs has everything to do with lowering taxes, when taxes have nothing to do with it at all. It's all about demand, and demand comes from the bottom. Economies grow based on how the middle class and lower income earners are doing. The better they do, the more the economy grows. Basically, everything about supply side economics and the trickle down theory is dead wrong.

I hate to say it, but it is a lot less about voters not knowing what is going on than it is about voters being willfully ignorant and fearing that their handout gravy train will end if they don't vote for Leftists.

The Obama voter may give lip service, but she really does not give a fuck about generational debt if it means one of her gubmint freebies might get trimmed.

61 Million Americans Voted for Obama, 47 Million Americans are on Food Stamps

'If there was any debate whether the Fed's policies have helped the economy or just the market (and specifically the Bernanke-targeted Russell 2000), the following two charts will end any and all debate. As the following chart from the St Louis Fed shows, as of the just completed quarter, US GDP "growth" since the "recovery" is now the worst in US history, having just dipped below the heretofore lowest on record.'

GDP%20recovery_0.jpg

This is no surprise to me. The thing is that it wouldn't have been any different had McCain been elected. We are losing 10,000 workers per day from the workforce to retirement. The baby boomers have stopped spending money and are downsizing. Even if they are still working, they don't need to buy anything; all they are doing is saving for retirement. What we have is a situation where no matter what we do, we cannot create increased demand for products and services, other than healthcare. With a diminishing demand for all products and services, we are in a rut. I predicted this a few years back, that we would be in for a very long period of slow growth because of these factors.

With a lack of demand for products and services, it has been very difficult for younger workers to find work that pays reasonably enough so that they can consider marrying and starting their own families. This is why so many people are putting off having kids, and that is what drives the economy. When young people start marrying and start families, then they need bigger cars and bigger homes. When they need bigger homes, they need more furniture, and when they start having kids, they need all kinds of shit.

You guys all think that creating more jobs has everything to do with lowering taxes, when taxes have nothing to do with it at all. It's all about demand, and demand comes from the bottom. Economies grow based on how the middle class and lower income earners are doing. The better they do, the more the economy grows. Basically, everything about supply side economics and the trickle down theory is dead wrong.

The labor force participation rate of older workers is increasing, not decreasing:

10-12-13_working_longer.png

And the American people still voted Obama back in, they still gave the Dems Senate seats, and they still gave the Dems House seats. Wow, go figure. Perhaps they just weren't convinced that the Republicans can be trusted in their current incarnation, maybe?

Perhaps they also know what most of the rest of us know, that this wasn't just another recession.

Or perhaps they've simply voted themselves some "largesse out of the public treasury". Seems a bit more likely. If it "walks like a duck" and all that.... :eusa_whistle:

GDP%20recovery_0.jpg

The labor force participation rate of older workers is increasing, not decreasing:

Doesn't matter, because they still are not spending money. You continue to miss that point. And while more older workers are working longer, we are still losing 10,000 per day to retirement. It's not like when they hit 65, more of them enter the workforce.

GDP%20recovery_0.jpg

And see that blue line in your graph, where we are losing workers age 16 and older? That is our problem because those are the workers who are not starting families and spending money.

Doesn't matter, because they still are not spending money. You continue to miss that point. And while more older workers are working longer, we are still losing 10,000 per day to retirement. It's not like when they hit 65, more of them enter the workforce.

That is illogical. You say retires don't spend money like they used to, but their lack of purchasing is the drag on the economy - ignoring that the young adults who would normally replace them would fill this void. What you are pointing out is not a causality, it is a symptom. The problem is lack of jobs available to the replacement players, not retirements.

Please posts threads in appropriate forum. This belongs in the Economy forum.... Because it has to do with the economy. Every thread does not belong in the Political forum. Do not play favorites, give the other forums some love too. Thanks

Jobless claims are usually revised upwards due to initial under-reporting from the States.

Data for three or four states were missing on this one - using 'estimates' only - including California.
Lonelaugher doesn't care about pesky details or misleading reports.

LoneLaugher is all about details. LoneLaugher cites the same reports that he always cites. The initial jobless clams number is a long-running stat that is now showing improvement.

The economy is improving. Enjoy this fact like a good American should.

Data for three or four states were missing on this one - using 'estimates' only - including California.

LoneLaugher is all about details. LoneLaugher cites the same reports that he always cites. The initial jobless clams number is a long-running stat that is now showing improvement.

I will enjoy it when my business reflects it. Meanwhile you enjoy the fact that you live under a 9 to 5 job that doesn't feel the crunch because someone else is absorbing it for you

I will enjoy it when my business reflects it. Meanwhile you enjoy the fact that you live under a 9 to 5 job that doesn't feel the crunch because someone else is absorbing it for you

It is you who seems to miss the details. I have had discussions with you about business. I am a business owner and a supplier to people in the same field as you. We have discussed this on several occasions. Why have you been unable to retain this information?

Please remember this. I am a small business owner. My customers are fabricators and contractors. My business is up. I am optimistic about the economy.

Please. Retain the information.

Forum List

Back