It's Official: Trump Signs Executive Order To Return Astronauts To The Moon.....Then On To Mars

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
This is outstanding and will be great. It will be an innovative jobs creator too. America is back! It was also nostalgic to see former Apollo Astronauts Harrison Schmidt and Buzz Aldrin standing by the president.

NASA TWITTER with Video of the signing.
Twitter

Last edited:
We need a permanent, self sustaining, manufacturing base on the moon before we even think about Mars. It certainly would be cheaper to build and launch from the Moon than it would be from Earth.

A trip to Mars is not survivable and what is needed closer to home is asteroid capture at L4 and L5. one ton spikes hitting at terminal velocity is a credible threat against NK and Iran.

Liberals will screech. You know how they hate science and American scientific achievement.

• Banned
We need a permanent, self sustaining, manufacturing base on the moon before we even think about Mars. It certainly would be cheaper to build and launch from the Moon than it would be from Earth.
That's the plan according to the press conference I watched..

It is about time that NASA got back into business of Manned Space Exploration

That's the plan according to the press conference I watched..
Honestly I would like to skip Mars altogether and go straight to the asteroid belt. I've seen estimates that put the value of a good sized metallic asteroid at over a trillion dollars. we could colonize the rest of the Solar system easily with the resources in the belt.

Funding has always been the issue. Maybe we can stop spending so much money killing each other every year, and achieve something instead.

This is outstanding and will be great. It will be an innovative jobs creator too. America is back! It was also nostalgic to see former Apollo Astronauts Harrison Schmidt and Buzz Aldrin standing by the president.

Twitter

Good lets let Trump take the first test ride to the moon.

Twitter

In light of Trumps support of science I'm sure Matthew would be honored to be boinked by our president.

Matthew should have been the guy breaking this story since he supposedly loves science, but no, Matthew is AWOL on this because Trump did it.

Twitter

Good lets let Trump take the first test ride to the moon.
So science is only important when a Liberal is trying to advance it ?

Funding has always been the issue. Maybe we can stop spending so much money killing each other every year, and achieve something instead.
Take the money spent on the wars in the Mideast and the money we give to israel and we would have more than enough

Trump could build that. On time and under budget too, which would really shock the federal bureaucracy's nonessential workers.
Let private space companies compete for contracts and it will be.

Forum List

Back