IT'S OFFICIAL: The Whole World Thinks Republicans Are Dangerous Maniacs Threatening E

Actually, if you're interested, the whole world IS reporting on this. I've only read a few of these so far, but yes, it looks like they think our politics are nuts AND very dangerous.

Watching America

Last edited:
Nothing new about them getting what's happening here all wrong. Do any of them really think that a country the size of the US can go from Bush's highest annual defficit in 2008 of 438-billion to Obama's annual budget deficits of a 1.4-trillion annually, and think that is a good thing for the world economy? And the president completely refuses to cut spending from his new baseline, and the only constraint on his budget nightmares is the Republican's in congress.

Wait...but...but...they wuv our Obama...

OP was a quote from a blog saying the world blamed the Republicans.

It is a lot more complex story than that.

And it is interesting to see some other perspectives.

I think the Argumenti i Fakti article( despite the really lame translation.... not that I could do one tiny little bit better) is the one we should really pay attention to. We can only sell debt that people are willing to buy.

The gist I get from this is everybody overseas who is paying attention to the crisis is more upset at the fix we have gotten ourselves into than what we are going to do about it.

IT'S OFFICIAL: The Whole World Thinks Republicans Are Dangerous Maniacs Threatening Everyone

Yes, the rest of the world is watching this embarrassing debt ceiling nonsense, and it is growing dismayed.

Der Spiegel has a roundup of commentary in German newspapers about the fight, and the universal message is this:

The US is holding the entire world hostage, and it's the Republicans that are playing with fire.

Read more: IT'S OFFICIAL: The Whole World Thinks Republicans Are Dangerous Maniacs Threatening Everyone

omgnoway......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLRpP-CRc3s&feature=feedu"]And of course, the folks in Taiwan have the funniest take on this.[/ame]

(Close captioned at you tube if you don't understand Mandarin)

Actually, if you're interested, the whole world IS reporting on this. I've only read a few of these so far, but yes, it looks like they think our politics are nuts AND very dangerous.

Watching America

Very interesting link. Thanks for posting it.

I guess that's why I was so surprised when I came across that article about Germany taking such an interest in our political games. But I guess as the folks that have loaned us so much money they have a right to do so.

I doubt any of those on the right will read this. It uses too many big words like "profligacy" and "consequences".

I'm sure every fucking lefty borg will accept it as fact.... because it contains anti-Republican bullshit.

On the day the left can watch a Fox News program without accusing them of lying when they say 'good morning' (there being no proof that it is good), then you can criticize the right for not bothering with your partisan horseshit.

Watching America

I guess that's why I was so surprised when I came across that article about Germany taking such an interest in our political games. But I guess as the folks that have loaned us so much money they have a right to do so.

Susan...I watch world news regularly...I have seen the parliamnets and other government bodies of other countries give in to physically attacking each other. I have seen riots in the streets of France and Greece. I have seen a Chinese student standing in front of a tank in Tienamen Square.
I travel frequently. I see how Americans live and I see how Europeans live. WHat they deem as luxuries, in many cases, we deem as necessities. We have a pretty dam good thing going on here in America...albeit, we have hit a bump in the road...we have hit many bumps in the road over the last 250 years.
But in 250 years we have become one of the most prosperous nations in the world...while others have been around for centuries longer and can not hold a candle to us.
And thus...we are the most envied. I expect them to watch and giggle as we work out our problems.
You see that as an issue. I see that as something to be proud of.

Italy has a crisis now and Berlusconi's response has been....nothing. No one has seen or heard from him in 2 weeks. Part of that is he is facing about 5 charges of sexual and financial misconduct. So leadership falls to an 86 year old Communist.
Spain, Portugal, Italy and Ireland, not to mention Greece, are all on the verge of default. In the Greek case students are rioting because the gov't wants to raise the retirement age, which some of them are probably approaching, from 50 to 55.

And we should be concerned about these clowns' opinions because?

Watching America

Susan...I watch world news regularly...I have seen the parliamnets and other government bodies of other countries give in to physically attacking each other. I have seen riots in the streets of France and Greece. I have seen a Chinese student standing in front of a tank in Tienamen Square.
I travel frequently. I see how Americans live and I see how Europeans live. WHat they deem as luxuries, in many cases, we deem as necessities. We have a pretty dam good thing going on here in America...albeit, we have hit a bump in the road...we have hit many bumps in the road over the last 250 years.
But in 250 years we have become one of the most prosperous nations in the world...while others have been around for centuries longer and can not hold a candle to us.
And thus...we are the most envied. I expect them to watch and giggle as we work out our problems.
You see that as an issue. I see that as something to be proud of.

Thanks for the post Jarhead. But be honest here...wouldn't you rather see our government reps act like adults? It doesn't make me one bit proud that our critters have given the folks overseas that don't like us, an excuse to put us down. This isn't a minor thing you know. If we default it will effect the whole world, and that just makes me sad.

IT'S OFFICIAL: The Whole World Thinks Republicans Are Dangerous Maniacs Threatening Everyone

Yes, the rest of the world is watching this embarrassing debt ceiling nonsense, and it is growing dismayed.

Der Spiegel has a roundup of commentary in German newspapers about the fight, and the universal message is this:

The US is holding the entire world hostage, and it's the Republicans that are playing with fire.

Read more: IT'S OFFICIAL: The Whole World Thinks Republicans Are Dangerous Maniacs Threatening Everyone

So? You want the debt to just keep mounting ad infinitum? Cool beans. You lieberals are just so damn smart. Why do you hate America?

Obama and the irresponsible left are the ones who is causing this. WE Have the money to pay our debts.
I'm surprised that any lefty at all let alone one knows the meaning of those words. Mr. Peepers

Last edited:

And_not_a_single_fuck_Was_given_that_day_RE_Picture_Challenge_5-s364x344-162306.jpg

Watching America

And we're supposed to be impressed by Germany? why? exactly?

Some of the worlds other great ideas include:

arafat_nobel.jpg

Yasser Arafat, Noble Prize winner

images

The Maginot Line. Yeah that was a good idea.

300.JPG

No Explanation needed

Last edited:

ROFL,

Der Spiegel is after death of his former owner Rudolf Augstein in 2002 nothing more as an uninteresting leftists paper, you can get bored while you read it. Only very few people in Germany can take der Spiegel seriously. The truth is that most of German's medias are too liberal and nonobjective, the same is about the most of European medias. Nobody except leftists, communists, gays, drugs addicts and pedophiles afraid the US - Republicans.

Forum List

Back