It's Official--Romney and Ryan for 2012!!!

What do you think of Paul Ryan as the Vice President pick?

• A good choice.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • I’m disappointed but will support the ticket.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • A poor choice.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Ryan is a good man but will make it more difficult for Romney to win.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Barack Obama just won the election.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
How does he do that? Can you provide an example in which he self villifies?

His plan to convert Medicare to a voucher system.

That is NOT even remotely an example of self-vilification.

It is merely an example of a legislative choice with which you happen to disagree.

We'll see how it goes. Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan are asking people to support them. Usually the conversation about the lending of that support ends when those asking for support start tinkering with the livelihoods of those they are asking. And that is what the ticket is doing.

The Governor is either going to be spending the next 3 months reassuring seniors or re-writing the medicare "fixes" in the Ryan budget.

Ah, but!!!

You forgot the most obvious choice -

Mitt Romney just won the election!!

Shame, shame on you :)

LOL. I should have included that as a choice on the poll. I didn't I think, because I think it is way too early to tell exactly how the ticket will play in Peoria. I hope it plays well, because it sure makes a lot of sense for those of us who actually want the next administration to start reversing the damage and getting us back on the road to recovery.

It is merely an example of a legislative choice with which you happen to disagree.

We'll see how it goes. Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan are asking people to support them. Usually the conversation about the lending of that support ends when those asking for support start tinkering with the livelihoods of those they are asking. And that is what the ticket is doing.

The Governor is either going to be spending the next 3 months reassuring seniors or re-writing the medicare "fixes" in the Ryan budget.

I hope all they have to do, assuming both agree to the Ryan plan, is to keep telling the truth about it to correct the Democrats' lies about it. The likely voters either believe that we do have to repair Medicare or they will run scared and buy into the lies that the Republicans want to take healthcare away from Seniors.

Lordy, I wish there was integrity in campaigns in which both sides told the brutal truth and let the voters' decide.

How does he do that? Can you provide an example in which he self villifies?

Yes, that is a controversial concept that the Democrats and Obama will no doubt try to demonize as much as possible.

So it all boils down to whether likely voters understand that if we don't fix that program, it will continue to swallow more and more of the nation's resources and be more and more of a drag on the economy. . . .or. . . .

They will vote for the status quo out of fear.

We are ready for real hope and change and Romney/Ryan's competence in being able to sell it, or we aren't. It all comes down to that.

They do not have to try to demonize what is seen as a demon by many if not most. The "we" you speak of that is important is a small subset of voters in an all important state that is so equally divided that small subsets are important. The senior citizens in Florida will need equal convincing. Ryan's only hope is that they break out large-type actuarial tables cross referenced to the changes he wishes to make and have faith that they keep listening after the "no" answer to "Will we still get our checks?"

I hope all they have to do, assuming both agree to the Ryan plan, is to keep telling the truth about it to correct the Democrats' lies about it. The likely voters either believe that we do have to repair Medicare or they will run scared and buy into the lies that the Republicans want to take healthcare away from Seniors.

Lordy, I wish there was integrity in campaigns in which both sides told the brutal truth and let the voters' decide.

In a state that the margin of victory or the margin of defeat was recently measured in the hundreds of voters; the hand grenade Romney just attached to his ticket may wipe out whatever support may have been there to secure victory.

Well, there was never any doubt that the liberal Democratics would seek to make the Ryan budget plan and its effect on Medicare a central part of their typically dishonest attack.

But the reality remains: it is true that his plan WOULD have had some impacts on Medicare -- very real and some big ones.

But, it is also true that the liberal Democrat Parody has NO plan at all. They are content paying lip service to acknowledging that a problem exists, but have nothing to offer to fix anything. The upshot of that is that with no effort to fix it, Medicare would STILL have faced enormous problems and it would STILL be impacted to the point of possibly failing completely.

Admitting a problem and offering a proposed solution is much more desirable a thing that whining about the existence of a "problem" but offering no option at all for repair and thereby permitting the problem to destroy the entire system.

I very much WANT the liberal Dims to MAKE this their campaign centerpiece provided that the GOP gets its stuff together sufficiently to respond honestly and forcefully.

Liberal Democrats are hoping that the electorate is stupid and easily swayed by baseless fear mongering. I'm banking on the proposition that you guys are completely wrong.

And by the way: your contention was "self-vilification." You have yet to point to any such thing.

Ah, but!!!

You forgot the most obvious choice -

Mitt Romney just won the election!!

Shame, shame on you :)

LOL. I should have included that as a choice on the poll. I didn't I think, because I think it is way too early to tell exactly how the ticket will play in Peoria. I hope it plays well, because it sure makes a lot of sense for those of us who actually want the next administration to start reversing the damage and getting us back on the road to recovery.

I believe it to be quite telling that one of the most conservative posters on this board didn't even consider that as an option. Governor Romney and his campaign for President is circling the drain. Nothing that happened today is going to change that.

Well, there was never any doubt that the liberal Democratics would seek to make the Ryan budget plan and its effect on Medicare a central part of their typically dishonest attack.

But the reality remains: it is true that his plan WOULD have had some impacts on Medicare -- very real and some big ones.

But, it is also true that the liberal Democrat Parody has NO plan at all. They are content paying lip service to acknowledging that a problem exists, but have nothing to offer to fix anything. The upshot of that is that with no effort to fix it, Medicare would STILL have faced enormous problems and it would STILL be impacted to the point of possibly failing completely.

Admitting a problem and offering a proposed solution is much more desirable a thing that whining about the existence of a "problem" but offering no option at all for repair and thereby permitting the problem to destroy the entire system.

I very much WANT the liberal Dims to MAKE this their campaign centerpiece provided that the GOP gets its stuff together sufficiently to respond honestly and forcefully.

Liberal Democrats are hoping that the electorate is stupid and easily swayed by baseless fear mongering. I'm banking on the proposition that you guys are completely wrong.

And by the way: your contention was "self-vilification." You have yet to point to any such thing.

Ryan wants to change Medicare and reduce benefits. It's that simple. If you don't see that as self vilification...oh well.

Ryan wants to change Medicare and reduce benefits. It's that simple. If you don't see that as self vilification...oh well.

It's obviously NOT self-vilification.

Words have meaning.

You are exactly right. Every time I listen to the O on a campaign stop spewing out the pure garbage he's so good at shoveling, I have to shake my head and wonder just how many people are stupid enough to believe that.

And I believe this - not enough of them for the O to win.

Words have meaning.

In a coffee house in Nebraska, no.
In Florida's senior communities, you betcha it is.

Scientists tell us that Florida is more important in this election than Nebraska.

Gentle Reminder - this thread is in the CDZ

The news was obviously officially 'leaked' yesterday evening (Friday) that Mitt Romney would announce his VP pick today. And that pick would be Paul Ryan of Wisconsin. In the last hour, Romney and Ryan made that official with a formal announcement.

So I would have lost a bet that it would be Marco Rubio. I did not think it would be Ryan. In truth, last night I was disappointed mostly because I really wanted Rubio.

But now that I've had some time to think about it, the only conclusion I can come up with is that Mitt Romeny is 100% serious about economic reform and he picked the most logical person to help do that. And, if they are elected, I am optimistic that they will make a difference.

So we have Mr. Businessman plus Mr. Economics as the official ticket. What do you think? A good one? Or not?

Ryan is a dreadful choice.

As correctly noted in the other Ryan threads, he brings nothing to the ticket; indeed, Ryan drives away the independents and weak democrats Romney needs to win.

I must disagree with your statement.......

I am 71, also on Medicare, and I listened to every word Ryan spoke this morning. At no time did he say anything about "taking away" Medicare. In fact, just the opposite. He said if you are 55 or older and/or already on Medicare, there will be NO changes.

He has never said anything different regardless of what the Dem smear ads would like you to believe.

There is no question that Medicare as it exists today is simply not sustainable for the future. Changes MUST be made. If those changes are made now, they will be fair less painful than if we wait until we are plunging over that cliff.

Fearing that change only puts off what most of us know must happen one way or the other....or Medicare just won't exist for us.

I really do not believe what any of them say, it has always been a don't read the small print scare tactic political game.
We find out later after the facts.
I am just making the age that you mentioned 55. But I am scared for the future of my children as well as all of the others that planned around this as their retirement.
Should we just be concerned for ourselves? Not after what I have just seen in the chemo rooms... its packed every day every hour with old and young getting chemotherapy I guess we have to see such a awful thing as well as the children's ward packed full before our eyes are opened
My son is a Type1 diabetic, myself with breast cancer we already pay out the nose for our own health insurance which is killing us . And my son and I are pre-existing conditions so we are in major trouble possibly looking at 0 insurance no matter how much we pay.
I do not trust either of these guys on the Romney ticket.

Last edited:
I hope so but as a 70 year old on medicare I am concerned about his remark this morning about taking it away.; As a congressman he has the typical govt sweetheart deal for he and his family but wants to strip me of the only thing I have for medical care. I need details.

Taking it away or fixing it so those of us a bit younger can still get it?

Anyhow.. Today was awesome.. Got to hear from both Romney and Ryan on their plan to restore America and get us on the right track.. November is coming!

wvo5q9.jpg

^ Pictures taken by me. Got to shake both of their hands and speak with them for a few seconds.. Awesome day. :thup:

Two questions you can expect to hear repeated over and over for the next three months:

Where's your plan, Mr. President?

Where's your budget, Mr. President?

Actually I am encouraged because every one of our more leftists friends here are declaring Ryan a terrible choice, a disaster, a final nail in Romney's coffin, etc. etc. etc.

Usually that kind of reaction means that they see him as a real threat.

They were able to pretty well successfully destroy Sarah Palin who simply didn't have enough credentials accumulated to fight them off.

I rather expect Ryan is going to be more difficult to demonize, and will be better at setting the record straight and defending himself.

Gentle Reminder - this thread is in the CDZ

The news was obviously officially 'leaked' yesterday evening (Friday) that Mitt Romney would announce his VP pick today. And that pick would be Paul Ryan of Wisconsin. In the last hour, Romney and Ryan made that official with a formal announcement.

So I would have lost a bet that it would be Marco Rubio. I did not think it would be Ryan. In truth, last night I was disappointed mostly because I really wanted Rubio.

But now that I've had some time to think about it, the only conclusion I can come up with is that Mitt Romeny is 100% serious about economic reform and he picked the most logical person to help do that. And, if they are elected, I am optimistic that they will make a difference.

So we have Mr. Businessman plus Mr. Economics as the official ticket. What do you think? A good one? Or not?

Ryan is a dreadful choice.

As correctly noted in the other Ryan threads, he brings nothing to the ticket; indeed, Ryan drives away the independents and weak democrats Romney needs to win.

Wrong. Once the people get past the dishonest liberal propaganda and see what Ryan DID propose -- and hear a guy like him who is actually able and willing to defend his position -- the more intelligent non-sheeplike Democrats and the independents will be drawn toward Mitt and Ryan.

This was a very good choice and it's a good day for for the GOP.

Today was NOT a good day for the Obama Administration, the DNC and most other assorted liberals.

Words have meaning.

In a coffee house in Nebraska, no.
In Florida's senior communities, you betcha it is.

Scientists tell us that Florida is more important in this election than Nebraska.

In Nebraska and in Florida, words still have meaning. Period.

And Mitt will now WIN Florida. Because of this choice. Watch.

Your situation is a bad one without question......

But Obamacare basically doesn't exist anymore after the USSC ruling. What happens if your insurance tells you you've reached your limit and you're no longer covered?

At this point there are no contingency plans from either the Dems or the Pubs that I'm aware of that would deal directly with your pre-existing problem.

I assume you trusted Obama but his healthcare plan has failed in major ways. So you need to ask yourself why you don't trust Romney and why you would be willing to stick with the guy who failed. And be honest with yourself.

I think he's a good choice but is more useful in the house. Might make a good Presidential candidate in 8 years.

Forum List

Back