Its official, Bush DID approve the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by Vintij, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Scott McClellan Author of "what happened" and former white house press secretary has revealed not only in his new book "what happened" but on live television C-Span 2 that he was face to face with the president when he said quote "yes I did" when asked by Scott if he approved vice president Cheney to allow scotter libby to out CIA agent Valerie Plame.

This is the former white house press secretary who was constantly in direct contact with the president, why is he not on national television telling this story? Or is it OKAY for a president to approve the outing of a CIA agent and allow the blame to go on someone else. Even if Bush did not know exactly what he was approving, Cheney did according to Scott McClellan....yet Cheney still denies having anything to do with the incident.

What the hell is going on. Why is Cheney not rotting in prison right now?

2. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    There would have to be a trial for Cheney to go to prison. McClellan going on television and writing a tell-all book is not enough to send Cheney or Bush to prison. While I think there was foul play in the Plame affair, I wouldn't go by what McClellan says. He defended the President for years while he was press secretary. He went on Bill Maher's show right after he stepped down and continued to defend Bush. Now, all of a sudden, he has a chance to make money, and his tune changes.
    It seems like a few months ago, the Wilsons' case against Bush and Cheney was thrown out by a judge.

3. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105

Your right, he did seem to stumble when he was asked several questions about his spineless defense of the president for years and apparent revelation to write a book on white house ethics. He does seem like a sleeze ball looking for a few bucks.

But, if he is telling the truth I think he should testify against Cheney. I am certain that Cheney was the mastermind of several illegal proceedures during his two stints in the executive branch, both with Bush sr and jr.

4. elvis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    I don't know if he can do that if the case against Bush and Cheney regarding the Wilsons has already been thrown out.

5. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    I think an investigation should be called and McClellan should go under oath. Testimony of other key WH personell would be needed as well.

The problem is, why did Novak out a CIA agent? That kind of journalism can risk lives.

6. elvis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    It depends on what the judge's exact ruling regarding Bush, Cheney, and the wilsons was.
    Novak may have had an axe to grind with a couple getting in Bush's way.

7. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Axe to grind? Fine. Grind the axe. But putting people's lives in danger is another thing. Horrible, disgusting asshole.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  8. elvis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    They were "fair game"

9. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    How the hell so????

10. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    What is interesting is when this happened all the right wing pundits kept screaming that she wasn't covert in the last 5 years, so it wasn't a problem.

When the CIA said she was covert, they just ignored their previous statements: Nevermind.