It's official....BP has ruined my vacation in two weeks...

I want to go to the beach now...

fishing_pier1.jpg

Atza nice pier...not so long as it appears sturdy. From the '50s, I remember lowering crab nets off the end of what was at the time the longest wooden pier in the Gulf...in front of the Beuna Vista Hotel, just right across the street from the beach. I forget which hurricane took it out some years back, but it sure was fun to be in the big gazebo out on the end, catchin' crabs and watchin' shrimp boats and gulls and stuff. Yep! The old pier is gone. Soon the crabs, shrimp boats and gulls will be also.

http://www.familyoldphotos.com/5c/2h/hotel_buena_vista_biloxi_mississ.htm

Last edited:
If the oil washed up on the Jersey shore....could you tell? :lol::lol:

Sorry, after growing up in PCB, I have yet to see a continental US beach that even comes close to the ones on the Florida gulf coast.
You can take that all the way west to the big river. Alabama and Mississippi beaches aren't quite so white, but they're sandy as ever....and there really ain't no dotted lines drawn at the borders.

Hence why I have yet to see any that are as good.

IMO, once you hit Pensacola, they're not really good beaches. I admit, I'm spoiled to the nth degree from growing up there.

The tan sand keeps us from havin' to wear them three hunert dollar sunglasses.

You can take that all the way west to the big river. Alabama and Mississippi beaches aren't quite so white, but they're sandy as ever....and there really ain't no dotted lines drawn at the borders.

Hence why I have yet to see any that are as good.

IMO, once you hit Pensacola, they're not really good beaches. I admit, I'm spoiled to the nth degree from growing up there.

The tan sand keeps us from havin' to wear them three hunert dollar sunglasses.

$300?!?! :eek:

Ho-lee shit. I don't think I've spent more than $10 on a pair of shades.

Well hell, you could change your plans and go camping at the National Park on the Mexican Boarder eerrrrrrrrrrrr..
Oh wait, thay closed that and gave it back to Mexico.
Sorry, another government fubar............

Well hell, you could change your plans and go camping at the National Park on the Mexican Boarder eerrrrrrrrrrrr..
Oh wait, thay closed that and gave it back to Mexico.
Sorry, another government fubar............

Yeaaaahhh....they didn't do that either.

But it's still too far to drive for us.

when we will force the BP employees to remove the oil with their lips?

I'm working on a theory that the Icelandic Volcano God is angry that Obama did not include Iceland's Financial Crisis in his Apologia Tour.

I am a St Pete/Clearwater/Key West girl. They ruined my vacation too. As soon as i heard about the spill i knew it was going to ruin the coasts.

St. Pete is still clear, and probably will be for a while (30 days or so hopefully). So you're OK for now.

Yeah but there is no telling with it will be like in Mid Oct. My guess is that it is going to be tragic. :( :( :( :( :( I love Bal Harbor too and stay there often but am afraid that the oil is just going to run the jet stream and surround Florida.

I am a St Pete/Clearwater/Key West girl. They ruined my vacation too. As soon as i heard about the spill i knew it was going to ruin the coasts.

St. Pete is still clear, and probably will be for a while (30 days or so hopefully). So you're OK for now.

Yeah but there is no telling with it will be like in Mid Oct. My guess is that it is going to be tragic. :( :( :( :( :( I love Bal Harbor too and stay there often but am afraid that the oil is just going to run the jet stream and surround Florida.

Yeah, by October St. Pete will probably be messed up.

No telling or predicting the future though.

Yeah, by October St. Pete will probably be messed up.

No telling or predicting the future though.

Agreed. But I wont trust eating the local seafood (if there is any such thing after this) Which is one of the things I love about FL.

Only if we can roast a whole hog.

:)

Forum List

Back