It's official....BP has ruined my vacation in two weeks...

That's awful radioman. Itss not supposed to be harmful but it is depressing. I live at the Jersey shore. At the rate of this spill, I wouldn't be surprised if our beaches are eventually affected. I can't even watch the news. It makes me cry.

Yeah it's a mess, alright.

How much would that extra safety equipment have cost BP?

$50 million?

For the want of a nail the oceans were lost.

That's awful radioman. Itss not supposed to be harmful but it is depressing. I live at the Jersey shore. At the rate of this spill, I wouldn't be surprised if our beaches are eventually affected. I can't even watch the news. It makes me cry.

If the oil washed up on the Jersey shore....could you tell? :lol::lol:

Sorry, after growing up in PCB, I have yet to see a continental US beach that even comes close to the ones on the Florida gulf coast.

Our beaches are gorgeous. I've never been to Panama City but we have vacationed in many areas in FL. Not even close to ours. Strictest environmental standards on the east coast. The only thing I like better in other states is the ability to get served a friggin cocktail.

Our beaches are gorgeous. I've never been to Panama City but we have vacationed in many areas in FL. Not even close to ours. Strictest environmental standards on the east coast. The only thing I like better in other states is the ability to get served a friggin cocktail.

I've been to the Jersey Shore.

And with all due respect ma'am, Florida panhandle beaches slaughters it. Or, at least used to. May have to visit Jersey next year the way this is going....

crystal_view_beach_set-ups_a.jpg

damn that is some white sand.....i am so sorry

Outside of seaweed season (yes, there is a season for it), it really does look like snow. So much so that when I traveled to North Carolina for the first time as a kid, I asked why there were sand patches underneath the trees.

It was leftovers from a recent snow storm.

You also have to wear sunglasses to go on the beach, otherwise you go sand blind.

Wow that's gorgeous. May have to check it out once they get rid of the tar balls. This is where I'm headed today:

cape_may_beach.jpg

Have fun!

Yeah, check out Destin, Ft. Walton, San Destin, Mexico Beach, PCB or Seaside for some really good beaches.

That's awful radioman. It's not supposed to be harmful but it is depressing. I live at the Jersey shore. At the rate of this spill, I wouldn't be surprised if our beaches are eventually affected. I can't even watch the news. It makes me cry.

Sorry, after growing up in PCB, I have yet to see a continental US beach that even comes close to the ones on the Florida gulf coast.
You can take that all the way west to the big river. Alabama and Mississippi beaches aren't quite so white, but they're sandy as ever....and there really ain't no dotted lines drawn at the borders.

Ever been to Jamaica, mon?

...and you mean to tell me a guy can gamble in Atlantic City and not get a cocktail on the beach? Well, youc'n fugit about me ever hangin' out there! :lol:

That's awful radioman. It's not supposed to be harmful but it is depressing. I live at the Jersey shore. At the rate of this spill, I wouldn't be surprised if our beaches are eventually affected. I can't even watch the news. It makes me cry.

You can take that all the way west to the big river. Alabama and Mississippi beaches aren't quite so white, but they're sandy as ever....and there really ain't no dotted lines drawn at the borders.

Hence why I have yet to see any that are as good.

IMO, once you hit Pensacola, they're not really good beaches. I admit, I'm spoiled to the nth degree from growing up there.

Ever been to Jamaica, mon?

...and you mean to tell me a guy can gamble in Atlantic City and not get a cocktail on the beach? Well, youc'n fugit about me ever hangin' out there! :lol:

There are couple "beach bars" in AC which are about a quarter mile from the ocean. You wouldn't believe the bullshit they had to go through for approval. And now they are talking about an outdoor smoking ban. That will kill them.

Oh and love, love, love Jamaica mon. Just a little too far to travel to for a long weekend. That's why we love Ft. Lauderdale. Leave AC at 7 a.m. On the beach by ten.

Forum List

Back