"It's now an obstruction investigation"

This is pretty interesting. The Trumpsters may be right that the collusion story is fading, but they may have bigger things to worry about. It would be easier to prove obstruction, especially considering the way Trump just can't keep his tweet shut:

It Is Now an Obstruction Investigation

Obstruction itself is a process crime — i.e., it relates to interference in the investigation of an underlying transaction that may or may not be criminal. In the first point, above, we noted that prosecutors generally do not let a cooperator settle a case by pleading guilty to a mere process crime. But if the main case the prosecutor is trying to build is itself a process crime, such as obstruction, then it is not all that damaging that the witnesses have pled guilty only to process crimes.

The theme of such a prosecution is that the investigative process must be protected, not that some terrible underlying crime (like an espionage conspiracy) has been committed. Witnesses such as Flynn and Papadopoulos would therefore not be made to look like they had gotten a pass on serious offenses; they would look like they had owned up to corrupting the process and are now helping the prosecutor against the principal corruption target.
the fact it keeps changing is telling.
the fact that many on meullers team have proven biases is telling

we need to take the politics out of our legal issues but that is never going to happen these days. we simply *hate* the other side more and "they deserve it" so to speak. we've allowed this bullshit to become normal.

now what?

Patience is a virtue....
Yep, we do love to try and convict with about 3% of the facts, don't we?

What's interesting about that piece is that he points out Mueller wouldn't have taken it so easy on Flynn if there were more meat to the collusion story, so he may be taking the path of least resistance.

But yeah, we're spit-balling.
Interesting how you don't see what this is all about. Very interesting indeed.

This is pretty interesting. The Trumpsters may be right that the collusion story is fading, but they may have bigger things to worry about. It would be easier to prove obstruction, especially considering the way Trump just can't keep his tweet shut:

Obstruction itself is a process crime — i.e., it relates to interference in the investigation of an underlying transaction that may or may not be criminal. In the first point, above, we noted that prosecutors generally do not let a cooperator settle a case by pleading guilty to a mere process crime. But if the main case the prosecutor is trying to build is itself a process crime, such as obstruction, then it is not all that damaging that the witnesses have pled guilty only to process crimes.

The theme of such a prosecution is that the investigative process must be protected, not that some terrible underlying crime (like an espionage conspiracy) has been committed. Witnesses such as Flynn and Papadopoulos would therefore not be made to look like they had gotten a pass on serious offenses; they would look like they had owned up to corrupting the process and are now helping the prosecutor against the principal corruption target.

we need to take the politics out of our legal issues but that is never going to happen these days. we simply *hate* the other side more and "they deserve it" so to speak. we've allowed this bullshit to become normal.

now what?
I don't know. What changes this environment? Everything is politicized now, every motivation is questionable.

now what?
I don't know. What changes this environment? Everything is politicized now, every motivation is questionable.
usually people get tired and move on to something else.

even if we get a completely neutral party to investigate and dole out punishments, both sides are going to feel targeted and "the victim". we've simply made being the victim cool and until we tire of that, here we are.

I don't think any of us really know what the Mueller investigation team has in their
Pocket.....

We are guessing that it is obstruction of justice but this investigation goes much deeper than pastry....And not a peep is leaked by them.... Trump team was shocked about the charges and agreement to cooperate by Pappadopolous, and shocked by Flynns plea deal and cooperation.....neither of those two people cooperating with the investigation, are
cooperating for an obstruction charge against Trump, they have information pertinent to the Russian interference investigation....

Patience is a virtue....

Sure...and after a year, flynn is hit with a process charge while mueller keeps bumbling along with no evidence of anything.
2 guilty pleas and 2 more under house arrest. No evidence of anything? :)
Has Trump pled? Is he on house arrest? Are you a fucking retard?
Retards are those that think this is going away and Trump will serve 2 terms.
I haven't made any predictions dumbass. Next time you want to TRY to insult someone do a little research on their positions before making wild ASSumptions.

Moron
I was talking about ANYONE who thinks this child rapist supporter is going to serve 2 terms. You`re insignificant.

Think about this. He fired Comey which was his right to do so, but the investigation kept on going. It's still going. What was obstructed?
There's obstruction and there's attempted obstruction.

More importantly, I'm not a lawyer.

:laugh:

:lol:

The media keeps leaving out the most important part of the Comey testimony re: Trump supposedly asking about Flynn. And that Trump also told Comey he wanted the FBI to get to the bottom of the potential collusion and nail anyone who was guilty.
Other important details..... Flynn had been fired and was no longer part of the Trump administration. Comey told Trump that he was not under investigation....which was later confirmed by congressional hearings. Considering those facts, how could firing Comey be obstruction of justice.
He told Trump he was not an individual TARGET of the investigation, but the Trump campaign team was a focus in his investigation.... it's kinda hard to figure the Trump team was under investigation but the head of the Trump team would not be?
Then Comey should not have said that Trump was not under investigation. That is on Comey.......
Comey said he was not a TARGET of the investigation, he did not say he was not a SUBJECT of the investigation
Also, Comey is not required to let any citizen know they are the subject of an investigation....the FBI does not run out and tell the person they are investigating......when they reach a TARGET stage on an individual, the FBI will let the target KNOW, IF THEY ASK.......

Last edited:

Yes, it's an indication they have brains.

You see, here's the problem. Trump's complete unfitness for office shouldn't be a "left or right" issue.

He's a crazy person who colluded with the Russians to win the presidency. Either that statement is true or it isn't.

A lot of honest conservatives admit that Trump is a buffoon and an idiot.

The dishonest ones are the ones who say, "Well, not proven, but as long as we get our tax cuts for rich people, who cares?"

Kind of like the industrialists and conservative parties in 1930's Germany all knew Hitler was unfit for office, but as long as they got what they wanted...

Oh, wait. that turned out really bad for all involved.

Mullier had better come up with something the Supreme Court is going to uphold.
He better shit or get off the pot pretty soon.
If the best he can do is charge Flynn with jaywalking there's going to be a reckoning indeed.
When this LIB bullshit wet dream is over President Trump WILL instruct the newly appointed AG, namely Ted Cruz, to appoint a Special Council to look into EVERYTHING the Clinton Mafia has done going back to Arkansa. EVERY stone will be turned over.
BTW the Special Council will be named Trey Gowdy.

Mullier had better come up with something the Supreme Court is going to uphold.
He better shit or get off the pot pretty soon.
If the best he can do is charge Flynn with jaywalking there's going to be a reckoning indeed.
When this LIB bullshit wet dream is over President Trump WILL instruct the newly appointed AG, namely Ted Cruz, to appoint a Special Council to look into EVERYTHING the Clinton Mafia has done going back to Arkansa. EVERY stone will be turned over.
BTW the Special Council will be named Trey Gowdy.

Interesting wet dream, but if you think Cruz is going to want to be anywhere near the Trump Debacle, you are deluding yourself.

Yes, it's an indication they have brains.

You see, here's the problem. Trump's complete unfitness for office shouldn't be a "left or right" issue.

He's a crazy person who colluded with the Russians to win the presidency. Either that statement is true or it isn't.

A lot of honest conservatives admit that Trump is a buffoon and an idiot.

The dishonest ones are the ones who say, "Well, not proven, but as long as we get our tax cuts for rich people, who cares?"

Kind of like the industrialists and conservative parties in 1930's Germany all knew Hitler was unfit for office, but as long as they got what they wanted...

Oh, wait. that turned out really bad for all involved.
the problem is you only have 1 vision. get what you want.

you twist anything into your views and insult anyone who doesn't come along. you're an asshat of the highest order and talking with you is pointless.

which is why i didn't even read your post and i'm sure i'm still right in my views of your "opinion".

Windparadox, WTF are you talking about and what high school did you drop out of?
`
Outside of your attempt at insults, you do have a point. I'm far more interested in the "legal" aspects of this topic as opposed to the "logistics", such as as the political implications. The former flew over your head while the latter doesn't really interest me. So, to that extent, I am off-topic.

Pointless bullshit wasting my tax dollars.
Yea yea I get the endless Clinton investigation defense but that shit was not a direct attempt to usurp the will of the people.

Democrats are DUMBFUCKS If they think this shit is a winner

They are fucktarded dumbfucks, regardless.

(Waiting for one of them to correct me and tell me it's "irregardless.")

Pointless bullshit wasting my tax dollars.
Yea yea I get the endless Clinton investigation defense but that shit was not a direct attempt to usurp the will of the people.

Democrats are DUMBFUCKS If they think this shit is a winner

They are fucktarded dumbfucks, regardless.

(Waiting for one of them to correct me and tell me it's "irregardless.")
Irregardless is kind of like "could care less". They mean the opposite of what they really mean. (Trying to make a Yogi-ism)

I don't think any of us really know what the Mueller investigation team has in their
Pocket.....

We are guessing that it is obstruction of justice but this investigation goes much deeper than pastry....And not a peep is leaked by them.... Trump team was shocked about the charges and agreement to cooperate by Pappadopolous, and shocked by Flynns plea deal and cooperation.....neither of those two people cooperating with the investigation, are
cooperating for an obstruction charge against Trump, they have information pertinent to the Russian interference investigation....

Patience is a virtue....

Sure...and after a year, flynn is hit with a process charge while mueller keeps bumbling along with no evidence of anything.

Retards are those who are such emotional wrecks they can't allow themselves to think logically. This began when Donny T bitch-slapped the shit out of that corrupt slob HRC. This Loony shit has been the nonstop behavior from LefTards...We've enjoyed watching them make a complete ass of themselves.

Retards are those who are such emotional wrecks they can't allow themselves to think logically. This began when Donny T bitch-slapped the shit out of that corrupt slob HRC. This Loony shit has been the nonstop behavior from LefTards...We've enjoyed watching them make a complete ass of themselves.

Trump stole the election with Russian Help, and he's too dumb to cover it up.

You guys own him.

Trump stole the election with Russian Help, and he's too dumb to cover it up.

You guys own him.

Do you think Russia helped Trump more than illegal wetbacks helped HRC?

Pocket.....

Patience is a virtue....

No one connected to the corrupt slob HRC`s campaign is under arrest genius. Corrupt people are those that hide their tax returns and return money to the 4,000 people who were robbed at Trump U. BTW, those with measurable IQs don`t use 6th grader words like Leftards. Who is it that forgot to tie your shoes and put you on the special ed bus this morning?

Forum List

Back