It's now a crime for off-duty cops in NJ to have high-capacity magazines

New Jersey has some of the most restrictive gun laws, only for the law abiding of course. It is the ultimate Nanny State next to California. This just makes it even worse as it makes law abiding citizens FELONS over night for not doing anything illegal. When they bought those magazines, or bought the gun that theses STANDARD CAPACITY Magazines came with, it was perfectly LEGAL.

as comment that OATH didn't work on 'perterson' of the 'broward county ' School shooting and that 'deputy peterson' was working and being paid as he HID DStubbs . . Just a comment .
You have gutless wonders all over this Nation, I would suggest he is one of them Having worked for the Department very many years ago. We would have had to enter and take the SOB down dead. Only 5 Deputies on duty on any given shift. The Sheriff I understand is not very smart or bright.

from what I see the 'sheriff Israel ' is a politician and that's about it DStubbs .

There are lots of jobs others cannot, or will not do. Nothing special there. They just choose different jobs. Its no different than any other job in which you work with the public, you get to deal with asshole. Its merely a career choice. No more special than being a doctor, businessman, or tradesman. And certainly not worthy of having a whole separate set of laws, "just for them". Especially in a nation that advertises itself as one that treats all, equal before the law...

How many times have you been busted? How many years have you served?

I've never known a doctor who had to think every time he walked into that little room where a patient was waiting, it was a real possibility that he was going to shot dead.

I've also been a Realtor for over 40 years. One of the most dangerous professions next to law enforcement. There were a few times, in all those years, when I felt like it was wise to carry a weapon, but certainly not every time I walked up to a house.

Saying it's "no different than any other job in which you work with the public", is simply stupid.

------------------------------ both classes VOLUNTEER for the jobs , they know the rates of pay and ALL the perks , particulars and pitfalls Markle .

Where did I say they don't volunteer for the job? I said not everyone could do their job. Don't leave out the stress on the family. Please tell me that the wife or husband of an MD suffers under the same level of stress every day when their spouse goes to work as does a police officer, sheriff, or highway patrolman?

Your comment goes too for teachers who many claims are underpaid. They know on the day they enter the school of education their pay and perks of becoming a teacher.

There are lots of jobs others cannot, or will not do. Nothing special there. They just choose different jobs. Its no different than any other job in which you work with the public, you get to deal with asshole. Its merely a career choice. No more special than being a doctor, businessman, or tradesman. And certainly not worthy of having a whole separate set of laws, "just for them". Especially in a nation that advertises itself as one that treats all, equal before the law...

I've never known a doctor who had to think every time he walked into that little room where a patient was waiting, it was a real possibility that he was going to shot dead.

I've also been a Realtor for over 40 years. One of the most dangerous professions next to law enforcement. There were a few times, in all those years, when I felt like it was wise to carry a weapon, but certainly not every time I walked up to a house.

Saying it's "no different than any other job in which you work with the public", is simply stupid.
Project much?

Anyone can become a crime victim. Most cases aren't of police being the victim...

Indeed. Who is more likely to be beaten, maimed, or killed? A cop, or a prostitute? My money is on the prostitute. But we don’t care about them, they don’t wear a shiny badge and all that. Nobody cares if another hooker is found dead, but let a cop get a paper cut and we have statewide manhunts for the dastardly fellow who did it.

A cop is never the first victim of the criminal. The citizen always is. Taxi Drivers, Delivery Drivers, truck drivers. They all face threats from criminals at every stop. Truck Drivers are prohibited by Federal Law from carrying any firearms. Cops are encouraged by the same law to carry fully automatic weapons. Because, you know, cops.

Female cops are pretty much never raped. Oh there might be one a year or something. But the badge and gun pretty much guarantees that nobody is going to grab her ass. 67,000 women were raped last year. But hey, the cops are the ones with a difficult job right? I mean, we have to understand that they have a tough job. We would go ballistic if women smashed people in the head at random and complained it was hard being a woman, but a cop does it and we have to understand, they have a tough dangerous job. None of them are getting raped, but that’s not the point.

I’ve heard these excuses all my life, and I’ve never believed it. Not once. Because it isn’t the cops you find in the Emergency Room waiting area seeking help from being mugged, robbed, assaulted, brutalized. The cops are wheeled right to the back to make sure these courageous public servants have their dislocated thumb put back in using plenty of pain medication and tender loving care. In the meantime, a child waits outside with a broken arm from a drunken parent. Crying softly because it hurts. Maybe he gets a bag of ice, probably not.

The worship of the badge is insane, and it serves neither the population, nor the principles that founded this nation. Cops watch people bleed out all the time, but even if a cop is stone cold dead, they scoop him up and rush him tot he Hospital. Why? Because a cop isn’t dead until a Doctor says so, the citizen, fuck him. He got what he deserved.

Forum List

Back