It's now a crime for off-duty cops in NJ to have high-capacity magazines

No it doesn't. Cops are always on duty and are obligated to act. .

My brother is a cop and that's not true. He doesn't even carry his badge on him when he's off duty. You watch too much tv. It depends on what type of crime is taking place.

I live in Lake County, Florida. Here, off duty deputies are expected to act. If you don't believe me, give them a call.
If a person can protect themselves, and their family with 10 round mags; the cops can defend their municipalities interests with 10 round mags.

My brother is a cop and that's not true. He doesn't even carry his badge on him when he's off duty. You watch too much tv. It depends on what type of crime is taking place.

I live in Lake County, Florida. Here, off duty deputies are expected to act. If you don't believe me, give them a call.
If a person can protect themselves, and their family with 10 round mags; the cops can defend their municipalities interests with 10 round mags.

If I'm a NJ cop, I think I'd just let the bad guys rape and murder and I'd just go on my way.

If I'm a NJ cop, I think I'd just let the bad guys rape and murder and I'd just go on my way.
That's on you. Most cops would use what they have available, and address the issue...

That's on you. Most cops would use what they have available, and address the issue...

Clearly, the people of NJ are disinterested in giving their officers every advantage. Frankly, they are undeserving of protection. Tell them to call BLM or the local crackhead.

police should have NO Special rights , favors or privledges that their employers , the taxpayers don't have .

That's, shall we say, is stupid.

I want each and every squad car to be fully equipped with every tool necessary to stop any terrorist, gang or any other type of attack. That would include real, military, fully automatic assault weapons with ample ammunition all the way to grenade launchers in all S.W.A.T. vehicles.

Yeah, and all the criminals are going to play by the rules.

Are you really that naive or are you just playing the troll?

Clearly, the people of NJ are disinterested in giving their officers every advantage. Frankly, they are undeserving of protection. Tell them to call BLM or the local crackhead.
No big. They feel the same way about their citizens.

Yeah, and all the criminals are going to play by the rules.

Are you really that naive or are you just playing the troll?
Are you saying that you believe citizens won't encounter criminals?

---------------------------------------- then i suppose that you'd retire on 8500 a month like 'coward peterson' of 'broward county' school massacre fame eh 'K9' ??

Last edited:
police are 'civilian' Public Servants and that is all . I do not understand the elevation of certain groups of taxpayer paid public employees over the taxpayers that pay their wages .

------------------------------------------------ so YOU as a 'CIVILIAN' public servant wouldn't do the job you said you would do and took an OATH to do because you are not being treated as SPECIAL eh . I suppose that you'd figure that you are not a lowly Civilian like your Employers eh 'k9' ??

------------------------------ because Cops aren't Special K9Buck .

Yeah, actually they are, they're very special.
Not really. Believe it or not; they're just mortal men. Like everyone else...

Nope, like members of the military, they do jobs other people cannot or will not do. It was easy or me to serve my country in the military. I could not be a police officer. There you have to be courteous and polite even with a**holes.

Nope, like members of the military, they do jobs other people cannot or will not do. It was easy or me to serve my country in the military. I could not be a police officer. There you have to be courteous and polite even with a**holes.
There are lots of jobs others cannot, or will not do. Nothing special there. They just choose different jobs. Its no different than any other job in which you work with the public, you get to deal with asshole. Its merely a career choice. No more special than being a doctor, businessman, or tradesman. And certainly not worthy of having a whole separate set of laws, "just for them". Especially in a nation that advertises itself as one that treats all, equal before the law...

Last edited:

------------------------------ both classes VOLUNTEER for the jobs , they know the rates of pay and ALL the perks , particulars and pitfalls Markle .

if Police are 'obligated' to always act then doesn't that mean that they are always on UNPAID Duty ?? Their 'police union' wouldn't like that 'Unpaid Duty' if my thinking is correct K9 .
Police are not obligated they are sworn under the law, and not taking action during a crime is against the law and they could be charged if they take no action under the law. I this has been used in courts where they had plenty of opportunity to act and did not. Standing during a murder and taking no action because you are off duty is a act that is against the law.

Nonsense. The ability to take action is situational dependent. If you are in a Post Office, and it is flooded with armed hostiles, anyone arguing that the off duty cop waiting to mail something for the wife should have somehow taken action to stop them is ridiculous. When any action the cop could take in that situation is guaranteed not only to result in his own death, but the deaths of many innocents around.

Police who are on duty ignore crimes too. When undercover and a man starters beating on a woman, or someone else. You don’t throw away weeks or months or even years of work because of that crappy notion you must do something if you see a crime. Nonsense. If that was true, every undercover investigation would be thwarted by some dolt smoking a joint at the entrance of the criminal empires headquarters.

Rubbish. Absolute insanity to argue that the cop can be charged if he does nothing. I can think of a hundred, no a thousand situations where doing nothing is not only right, it is necessary.

Considering it’s New Jersey, they’re probably doing that anyway.

if Police are 'obligated' to always act then doesn't that mean that they are always on UNPAID Duty ?? Their 'police union' wouldn't like that 'Unpaid Duty' if my thinking is correct K9 .
Police are not obligated they are sworn under the law, and not taking action during a crime is against the law and they could be charged if they take no action under the law. I this has been used in courts where they had plenty of opportunity to act and did not. Standing during a murder and taking no action because you are off duty is a act that is against the law.
Horse shit.

Forum List

Back