It's now a crime for off-duty cops in NJ to have high-capacity magazines

the remedy is to allow citizens to carry guns armed for criminals . Cops are simply taxpayers employees paid once or twice a month and that is all they are K9Buck .

Born and raised in Bergen county here. I don't see why anyone needs such fire-power in Bergen County. it is a peaceful place.
Who is going to invade Bergen County?

Last edited:
------------------------------ because Cops aren't Special K9Buck .

Should we also limit the size of magazines that our military is using in Afghanistan?
----------------------------------- Silly question but , of course not --- but here in the USA the Employees of American taxpayers should never get Special Privleges that the taxpayers can't have K9 .

and so called high capacity mags are what the Glocks , AR's and other guns were designed for .

No it doesn't. Cops are always on duty and are obligated to act. .

My brother is a cop and that's not true. He doesn't even carry his badge on him when he's off duty. You watch too much tv. It depends on what type of crime is taking place.

if Police are 'obligated' to always act then doesn't that mean that they are always on UNPAID Duty ?? Their 'police union' wouldn't like that 'Unpaid Duty' if my thinking is correct K9 .

Are regular citizens of NJ subject to the same law? If off-duty it makes sense for police to follow the same regulations.

View attachment 234939

Whether or not it should be illegal is another debate.I honestly have no idea if NJ residents have these regulations. But as long as they do any civilian should be subject to the same regulation.
That would mean that the Police Departments will have to order new mags for the officers, if they own the firearms. Some Mods of pistols don't have small mags. I guess you could drop some Playdough in to the bottom of the mag. (officer why did you shoot the VICTIM 9 times, Answer: I ran out of Ammo.

if Police are 'obligated' to always act then doesn't that mean that they are always on UNPAID Duty ?? Their 'police union' wouldn't like that 'Unpaid Duty' if my thinking is correct K9 .
Police are not obligated they are sworn under the law, and not taking action during a crime is against the law and they could be charged if they take no action under the law. I this has been used in courts where they had plenty of opportunity to act and did not. Standing during a murder and taking no action because you are off duty is a act that is against the law.

as comment that OATH didn't work on 'perterson' of the 'broward county ' School shooting and that 'deputy peterson' was working and being paid as he HID DStubbs . . Just a comment .

These are Glock high capacity magazines. I don't have any because I can carry 5 or 6 mags or more of 17 rounds each. That's enough.

Beaucoup rounds

upload_2018-12-16_14-26-10.png
upload_2018-12-16_14-26-34.png

17-19 rounds

upload_2018-12-16_14-31-24.png

and , NONE of these Stock Glock Magazines are 'high capacity mags' as they are all Standard or Stock magazines that the Glock pistols were designed for .

This is liberal insanity at its finest.

DuZqh_HXgAAWKSJ.jpg:large
While I disagree with the law at its core... I fully support LEOs while off duty, having to conform to said law. The two tier justice system which is so pervasive in this country, is a huge problem.

Are regular citizens of NJ subject to the same law? If off-duty it makes sense for police to follow the same regulations.

No it doesn't. Cops are always on duty and are obligated to act. Regular citizens are not obligated to act. Besides, it takes an act of God to get a permit to carry in NJ.

You are a retired cop, if I remember correctly?

No sir. I have never been a member of law enforcement.

Sorry. I was thinking of another poster.

Where does it say cops are always on duty?

Any cop, whether on duty or not, is required to act if they witness a crime. A regular citizen might witness an armed robbery in progress and flee, as they probably should. An off-duty cop is obligated to act.
Link?

No it doesn't. Cops are always on duty and are obligated to act. .

My brother is a cop and that's not true. He doesn't even carry his badge on him when he's off duty. You watch too much tv. It depends on what type of crime is taking place.

I live in Lake County, Florida. Here, off duty deputies are expected to act. If you don't believe me, give them a call.

Forum List

Back