It's not that we (right wing) support the rich; We just oppose something-for-nothing.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I keep seeing lefties ask why right wingers love the rich, support the rich, vote for the rich, etc, etc, etc.

They are missing the point. It's not that we are pro-rich people. We are as annoyed with our rich bosses as anyone. It's just that we don't believe in the lifetime handout mentality. The something-for-nothing ideals that the left is pushing. We may hate our bosses as much as you.......but we know that he is the reason we have a job, house, car. And if he goes down, so do we. Yeah, it sucks. We wish we were at his wealth status....thats why we play the lottery.

But forcibly taking resources from one group....to hand them out to others who did not earn them? Thats our problem. It's just not really part of our upbringing or beliefs. We see our society. And we see opportunity, not oppression.

It's the idea that someone who hasn't begun to work the entry level jobs, or the jobs that requires one to swallow their pride.........says somehow he is owed an immediate middle class lifestyle without suffering through that learning and growing process, and going through the humility of working odd jobs while knowing you are capable of so much more...and one day actually getting there.........that process has been gone through by millions of Americans for decades and decades.

And now we have a generation that wants to get a free pass to skip that 5-10 year "growing" process. And they want others to pay for that pass. They refuse to work retail. Or fast food. It'll be "too hard". Or "not enough". So instead, they demand others pay their pass to middle class rather than take the path most of us took, where we looked at it and said "theres no way I'll be able to...." and found a way to do it anyway.

It sucks. Thats why people strive to more.

But you dont get a free pass. Thats our stance. Not pro-rich. But anti-free pass. Earn your fucking way. Find a way. Many have before, and many are doing it NOW.

I support the rich.
I support the middle class.
I support the working poor.
Unfortunately I support the welfare class in a slightly different way.

The difference is I dont mind that some people are rich. I'd like everyone to become, if not rich, at least self sufficient. The Left thinks the very existence of wealthy people is an affront to Democracy. or something. I don't know what they think. I don't know if they think at all.

Its just envy. They are pissed that they spent their lives being "good" by respecting and promoting diversity, multiculturalism, fighting against percieved threats like racism, sexism, global warming, Christians, etc, etc, etc...........and despite all their "good" work, they aren't among the rich in our nation. THey are jealous. THey feel they have done more "good" for society than the rich and they want "justice" for that, and that it is unfair that someone who did so much "good" such as themselves should have to work their way up through entry level jobs.

It really is that simple.

Then you support denying public education to those who can't pay for it?

No. Because public education is offered to everyone. The rich and the poor.

But I can't get welfare or food stamps. Because I work too hard and earn too much. Despite the fact I already pay for both.

I keep seeing lefties ask why right wingers love the rich, support the rich, vote for the rich, etc, etc, etc.

They are missing the point. It's not that we are pro-rich people. We are as annoyed with our rich bosses as anyone. It's just that we don't believe in the lifetime handout mentality. The something-for-nothing ideals that the left is pushing. We may hate our bosses as much as you.......but we know that he is the reason we have a job, house, car. And if he goes down, so do we. Yeah, it sucks. We wish we were at his wealth status....thats why we play the lottery.

But forcibly taking resources from one group....to hand them out to others who did not earn them? Thats our problem. It's just not really part of our upbringing or beliefs. We see our society. And we see opportunity, not oppression.

It's the idea that someone who hasn't begun to work the entry level jobs, or the jobs that requires one to swallow their pride.........says somehow he is owed an immediate middle class lifestyle without suffering through that learning and growing process, and going through the humility of working odd jobs while knowing you are capable of so much more...and one day actually getting there.........that process has been gone through by millions of Americans for decades and decades.

And now we have a generation that wants to get a free pass to skip that 5-10 year "growing" process. And they want others to pay for that pass. They refuse to work retail. Or fast food. It'll be "too hard". Or "not enough". So instead, they demand others pay their pass to middle class rather than take the path most of us took, where we looked at it and said "theres no way I'll be able to...." and found a way to do it anyway.

But you dont get a free pass. Thats our stance. Not pro-rich. But anti-free pass. Earn your fucking way. Find a way. Many have before, and many are doing it NOW.

GE should give back the $3.2 Billion they got from us then.

General Electric Paid No Federal Taxes in 2010 - ABC News

Or was that not the type of "something for nothing" you were talking about?

Thats EXACTLY what I mean.

I suppose it helps when GE's CEO, Mark Immelt, is PART OF OBAMAS STAFF as the "Jobs Czar". Really?????????

When did GE get $3.2B from the US? Think before answering now.

Listen to the video in the link before asking.

Thats EXACTLY what I mean.

I suppose it helps when GE's CEO, Mark Immelt, is PART OF OBAMAS STAFF as the "Jobs Czar". Really?????????

I agree with you in that case. It would seem that more on the Right would be concerned about the $3.2 B break and paying no income tax on income of $14 B than a single mother getting $200 a week. Go figure.

Listen to the video in the link before asking.

So you have no answer because GE did not receive 3.2B from the U.S.
That makes you either a liar or an ignoramus. Which would you prefer?

Can't speak for the rest. But I'm pissed about it. Clearly a sweetheart deal for Immelt, who also owns NBC and MSNBC, who IRONICALLY are rabidly pro-Obama. Imagine that?????

But TECHNICALLY, it's true, GE did not "get" anything "from us".

The gov't simply did not TAKE that money from them. Thats a huge difference.

Tax breaks for the rich are not "giving" them anything from the rest of us. It's simply the people we elected into office not "taking by force" that from those people. Big difference.

Tax breaks for the rich are not "giving" them anything from the rest of us. It's simply the people we elected into office not "taking by force" that from those people. Big difference.

So the road that their trucks drove on were totally funded by GE? Wow...I take it back.

So the road that their trucks drove on were totally funded by GE? Wow...I take it back.

Those trucks ran on air, rather than on fuel, which is subject to a hefty federal tax to support those roads? Hello? If you want to be taken seriously you need to have some knowledge base.

By that logic, the poor people who get welfare, food stamps and gov't housing shouldn't be allowed to drive their Lexus sedan on the roads since they dont pay taxes right?

No one supports ‘something for nothing,’ it’s a contrivance and myth of the right that anyone does.

So when OWS demands higher pay, for the same entry level jobs generations have worked before them, they are demanding more pay for no additional work.

Something for nothing.

Forum List

Back