Its not that times have changed

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Its that stupid people are making decisions .

Delay is preferable to error.
Thomas Jefferson

Bill Clinton
"It's not important to be perfect here. It's important to act, to move, to start the ball rolling," the former president told reporters after the closed-door meeting, held on the cusp of Senate debate on intensely controversial legislation. The House cleared its version of the bill late Saturday night on a narrow, party-line vote of 220-215.
The Associated Press: Bill Clinton urges Senate passage of health bill

There have been stupid people since the dawn of time. They still exist today. Just ask my wife!

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."

TJ

Pretty much yes. Unfortunately fitnah in a country this large there will always be someone whose tax money goes to something he finds abhorent. There are also things that I find utterly abhorent that I am also forced by the very nature of this world to accept as occasinally necessary.

GW20090912.jpg

Completely Reckless, Completely Irresponsible
from the Office of Senator Mitch McConnell

Thursday, December 17, 2009

‘And here’s the most outrageous part: at the end of this rush, they want us to vote on a bill that no one outside the Majority Leader’s conference room has even seen. That’s right. The final bill we’ll vote on isn’t even the one we’ve had on the floor. It’s the deal Democrat leaders have been trying to work out in private’

“The Majority disagrees.

“Why? Because this bill has become a political nightmare for them.

“They know Americans overwhelmingly oppose it, so they want to get it over with.

“Americans are already outraged at the fact that Democrat leaders took their eyes off the ball. Rushing the process on a partisan line makes the situation even worse.

“Americans were told the purpose of reform was to reduce the cost of health care.

“Instead, Democrat leaders produced a $2.5 trillion, 2,074-page monstrosity that vastly expands government, raises taxes, raises premiums, and wrecks Medicare.

Senator Mitch McConnell - Press Releases

Forum List

Back