It's Not Miller Time

There was a big difference; many of the Eastern European immigrants who came at the turn of the century did so LEGALLY. I am all for legal immigration. In fact I believe part of our anti-illegal immigration legislation should be an increase in the number of legal immigrants allowed in the country.

You are right they came here legally, but the perceptions are the same. I believe there are three factors working against the immigrants: they are not white, they do not speak English, and fear of change.

Many white Americans fear a growing minority and still see this as a "white nation". I think the growth of America's culture is parallel to Marx's views of history. We see a constant battle of thesis vs. anti-thesis, that results in an ever adapting culture. A logical solution will be reached when the immigration problem is viewed as a fiscal matter and not a war to protect American culture--which would be nothing more than racism.

GunnyL:

You seem to be the blind one. You freely admit that your personal solution to the problem will never be implemented. So open those eyes of yours and think about what America can do, as opposed to what we are "too pussy" (as you put it) to do.

Nonsensical response. Just because I realize no one will have the balls to implement my solution does NOT mean it is not the correct solution.

There are two possible scenarios here: America sticks to the status quo, or America tightens the borders and legalizes those already here.

Here it is plain and simple:

There will be no mass arrests of the tens of millions of illegals, it is a laughable suggestion...the companies hiring illegals will not be prosecuted, they put money into our politicians' wallets...Until the illegals are legalized, they will continue not paying taxes; you will continue to pay for them.

There you have it.

I see. So give the criminals on both sides of the aisle a pass for their crimes.

Let's quit arresting drunk drivers and pot smokers while we're at it. And that bank robber? Just trying to make a better life for himself.

Please refrain yourself from telling me I don't get it. Obviously, it is you who are completely clueless.

New Topics

Forum List

Back