It's Not Miller Time

they entered the country illegally....they should be deported same as what would have happened to you in any other country in the world you would enter illegally

Lets be practical...

When the announcement is made that all of the nation's illegals will be sent back, the scene in every American city would be chaos. There would be violence and death.

Say this does not happen...how do you plan on rounding up tens of millions to send back?

How are you going to send them back? Drop them off at the Mexican border? Not all of them are Mexican...so are you going to fly the others back to their respective origins?

Liberals are always criticized for not being grounded...on this issue conservatives are completely out of touch, or just in denial because they know and fear that illegal immigrants are not going anywhere.

Lets be practical...

When the announcement is made that all of the nation's illegals will be sent back, the scene in every American city would be chaos. There would be violence and death.

Say this does not happen...how do you plan on rounding up tens of millions to send back?

How are you going to send them back? Drop them off at the Mexican border? Not all of them are Mexican...so are you going to fly the others back to their respective origins?

Liberals are always criticized for not being grounded...on this issue conservatives are completely out of touch, or just in denial because they know and fear that illegal immigrants are not going anywhere.

first of i am not a conservative.....second i am not critisizing anyone..... i really don't care what the ins or the military or the local police do.....but they should either be arested or made to pay taxes .....but to condone illegal activity in a country where the rule of law governs is pure ignorance.....

what you are saying is we fucked uped so we should just turn a blind eye and allow it to continue....i say no....arrested them and those that hire them....change is difficult but change is needed

first of i am not a conservative.....second i am not critisizing anyone..... i really don't care what the ins or the military or the local police do.....but they should either be arested or made to pay taxes .....but to condone illegal activity in a country where the rule of law governs is pure ignorance.....

what you are saying is we fucked uped so we should just turn a blind eye and allow it to continue....i say no....arrested them and those that hire them....change is difficult but change is needed

I have stated what I think on the issue--and that was not it.

I believe we should make changes. We should grant citizenship to the illegals and make them pay taxes. At the same time, we should be tightening our borders.

I believe we should make changes. We should grant citizenship to the illegals and make them pay taxes. At the same time, we should be tightening our borders.

What makes you think we could "force them to pay taxes"??? They willfully broke the law by entering this country illegally; what incentive is there for them to obey a law requiring them to pay taxes? Will the government arrest them? Will they then lose citizenship and be deported? If we as a nation can do it after they break THAT law, why can't we do it when they first break the law?

That's called "amnesty", and that isn't going to happen either. Whomever runs on that in their campaign, and they WILL be asked, will never get elected. The person that WILL get elected, is the one that say's they'll make all illegal aliens "felons".

We wouldn't have to "round them all up" if we just let law enforcement do their job. "Detain and deport them when encountered". One by one.

They are criminals, but I am not going to fault these people for trying to seriously better their lives. There is an old saying: "ya gotta do what ya' gotta do". They should not be in jail, what good would that do? If our politicians stop dicking around the issue and get to business, we can start the naturalization process for the millions of immigrants in this country. Then they will be paying taxes, just as you wish.

You need to crawl out of that NJ shell you live in and come on down here to the Southwest and SEE these people trying to "seriously better their lives."
They work here part of the year, pay no taxes, and take the money they get here back to Mexico the rest of the year. They live a communal lifestyle while here to ensure they spend as little as possible HERE. They busted one group living in an apartment complex -- 21 men in a 2 bdr.

And Lord help you if you get to the convenience store AFTER the 1987 Suburban has pulled up containing 12-18 sheetrockers. It's like a plague of locusts swept through ahead of you.

While you're so concerned with their welfare, what about OURS? They are illegals. Criminals. They should be jailed and deported. I can't believe this even is an issue. If it was a Canadian, there'd be no mercy from INS and the law.

These people aren't coming here for a better life. That's fallacy. They come here, bring their life with them, and bring down the standard of living in the communities they infest to their level.

Lets be practical...

Alarmist nonsense.

You start with the first one and proceed ....

Yep. Right across the border. Any other illegals should be deported by whatever means necessary.

Just the opposite is true. Our social infrastructure is being undermined-heading -toward-destruction and you just turn a blind eye to it because you aren't willing to tackle the issue.

There are probably 1,000 illegals living within a mile radius of the computer I am currently typing on. New Jersey has a large illegal population. I previously lived in the near suburbs Chicago, the city with the largest spanish population (percentage wise) outside of Southern California. I am not at all unfamiliar with the illegals and there terrible living conditions. You may see a more extreme version of it, but it is present everywhere.

You are concerned about our welfare...that is a joke. Illegal immigrants have been raped by American employers to increase profit. All they have done to you is horde through convenience stores and fuck up a burger every once in a while at McDonalds.

Our Social infrastructure is not collapsing. But more importantly...how am I turning a blind eye and refusing to tackle the issue? You and every other person in this country who believes in rounding up and arresting all of the illegals are the ones fucking up the process. Your vision is impossible and distracts the focus from realistic possibilities.

One more thing, the possibility of violent riots is not alarmist nonsense. The Spanish community (legal and illegal) is large and active. They held very powerful (peaceful) demonstrations earlier this year. Now tell me why they would not protest--and wildly--if the government was going to take away their lives. The one's with the most to lose are not the illegals in Texas hopping back and forth every so often, the illegals that would make the most noise are in Northern cities. There are tens of millions in the north that have established lives and have kids (kids that are citizens).

NO AMERICAN GOVERNMENT, Republican, Democrat, or other, WOULD EVER use your arrest & deport strategy en masse.

There are probably 1,000 illegals living within a mile radius of the computer I am currently typing on. New Jersey has a large illegal population. I previously lived in the near suburbs Chicago, the city with the largest spanish population (percentage wise) outside of Southern California. I am not at all unfamiliar with the illegals and there terrible living conditions. You may see a more extreme version of it, but it is present everywhere.

You are concerned about our welfare...that is a joke. Illegal immigrants have been raped by American employers to increase profit. All they have done to you is horde through convenience stores and fuck up a burger every once in a while at McDonalds.

Our Social infrastructure is not collapsing. But more importantly...how am I turning a blind eye and refusing to tackle the issue? You and every other person in this country who believes in rounding up and arresting all of the illegals are the ones fucking up the process. Your vision is impossible and distracts the focus from realistic possibilities.

One more thing, the possibility of violent riots is not alarmist nonsense. The Spanish community (legal and illegal) is large and active. They held very powerful (peaceful) demonstrations earlier this year. Now tell me why they would not protest--and wildly--if the government was going to take away their lives. The one's with the most to lose are not the illegals in Texas hopping back and forth every so often, the illegals that would make the most noise are in Northern cities. There are tens of millions in the north that have established lives and have kids (kids that are citizens).

NO AMERICAN GOVERNMENT, Republican, Democrat, or other, WOULD EVER use your arrest & deport strategy en masse.

couple of things....one reason medical cost are high because you pay for them...they pay no taxes but use your services...they use your public schools but pay no taxes...your roads....your sewars....every thing you pay taxes to use they pay nothing and get the same services......let them protest....at least they will all be in one place to arrest

couple of things....one reason medical cost are high because you pay for them...they pay no taxes but use your services...they use your public schools but pay no taxes...your roads....your sewars....every thing you pay taxes to use they pay nothing and get the same services......let them protest....at least they will all be in one place to arrest

That is why I believe all illegal immigrants in this country should be naturalized. As common sense dictates: they will not be rounded up and arrested, so you might as well make them citizens and tax them.

That is why I believe all illegal immigrants in this country should be naturalized. As common sense dictates: they will not be rounded up and arrested, so you might as well make them citizens and tax them.

giving criminals a pass....man you are a piece of work....god help LA if you end up in charge of gangs

and let me add if you had your way 5+ years ago all 20 hijackers would have been citizens of the US before they killed 3000 people....cool....your mum must be proud

giving criminals a pass....man you are a piece of work....god help LA if you end up in charge of gangs

and let me add if you had your way 5+ years ago all 20 hijackers would have been citizens of the US before they killed 3000 people....cool....your mum must be proud

We are not dealing with a violent crime.

Sheer numbers also make this issue different than all other matters involving immigration.

We are not dealing with a violent crime.

Sheer numbers also make this issue different than all other matters involving immigration.

The tidal wave of illegal aliens into America from mexico is the largest invasion from, yes, INVASION, one country into another.

They are ILLEGAL! They have BROKEN AMERICAN LAW. Why do you want to reward illegal actions with amnesty?

If I break into your house tomorrow and take up residence on your couch, then eat all your food, use your car, screw your wife, and when you run out of food demand more, when you run out of gas demand more, and when you bitch about me screwing your wife, I'll tell you I'm just trying to make my life better, and I think you should keep supporting me, no, I don't 'think' you should, I "DEMAND" you should.

Can I do that? Would you let me get away with that?

There are probably 10-20,000 within a mile radius of mine. Attempting to compare the number of illegals in NJ with the numbers here in the Southwest is preposterous.

They aren't "terrible" living conditions in the victim sense as you attempt to play it off. They are terrible living conditions in the civilized sense of the word.

Your argument is the joke. You overlook the point in your neverending effort to make victims of parasites.

Don't think for a minute I give a rat's ass about that employer's profit. He is breaking the law every bit as much as the illegal alien is and should be held accountable every bit as much, IMO.

Right. They come over here, work for 6 months, don't pay taxes, then take their earnings back to Mexico, yet we have to provide them with schooling, medical care and any other social service they find themselves desiring; yet, they aren't destroying our social infrastructure.

Just WHO do you think is paying for that in tax dollars? It sure as Hell isn't only you blind, one-sided do-gooders who can't see shit past your Utopian idealism.

Buy a gun. I guarantee you if they pull that crap down here there'll be a lot of illegals that won't need deporting. In case you've missed it, a LOT of AMericans see this as nothing more than an invasion of our country and are just looking for an excuse to declare war.

That's because they're pussies.

GunnyL:

You seem to be the blind one. You freely admit that your personal solution to the problem will never be implemented. So open those eyes of yours and think about what America can do, as opposed to what we are "too pussy" (as you put it) to do.

There are two possible scenarios here: America sticks to the status quo, or America tightens the borders and legalizes those already here.

Here it is plain and simple:

There will be no mass arrests of the tens of millions of illegals, it is a laughable suggestion...the companies hiring illegals will not be prosecuted, they put money into our politicians' wallets...Until the illegals are legalized, they will continue not paying taxes; you will continue to pay for them.

There you have it.

1549 said:
There will be no mass arrests of the tens of millions of illegals, it is a laughable suggestion...the companies hiring illegals will not be prosecuted, they put money into our politicians' wallets...Until the illegals are legalized, they will continue not paying taxes; you will continue to pay for them.

There you have it.

With attitudes like this, it's no wonder Democrats have trouble winning elections. Illegal immigrants have broken the law to get here. They do not respect our laws, which we can see just by the fact that they broke the law to get here.

Think about that. They broke the law. Why would they start respecting our laws once they get here?

Most Conservative Republicans are wrong on one thing. The first step is not to secure the border. The first step is MASSIVE fining of the businesses that hire the illegals. I'm talking like $10,000 PER illegal. Then we work towards better border security. Our leaders have no control over the situation and we must do the above to at least take hold of the insane situation.

Once the situation mellows, then we open up more legal immigration to people from Mexico. Not amnesty. They have to apply from Mexico, we shouldn't reward illegal behavior by offering legal immigration to current illegals. Make them realize we are serious before we start the process. With the way we are handling the situation right now, they are laughing at us. They know we aren't in control.

With attitudes like this, it's no wonder Democrats have trouble winning elections. Illegal immigrants have broken the law to get here. They do not respect our laws, which we can see just by the fact that they broke the law to get here.

Think about that. They broke the law. Why would they start respecting our laws once they get here?

Most Conservative Republicans are wrong on one thing. The first step is not to secure the border. The first step is MASSIVE fining of the businesses that hire the illegals. I'm talking like $10,000 PER illegal. Then we work towards better border security. Our leaders have no control over the situation and we must do the above to at least take hold of the insane situation.

Once the situation mellows, then we open up more legal immigration to people from Mexico. Not amnesty. They have to apply from Mexico, we shouldn't reward illegal behavior by offering legal immigration to current illegals. Make them realize we are serious before we start the process. With the way we are handling the situation right now, they are laughing at us. They know we aren't in control.

Two previous points have eluded you:

The major corporations hiring illegals also give campaign donations to our politicians. Needless to say, our politicians will not be putting any kind of teeth into bills that go after the large companies employing illegals.

Secondly, there are tens of millions of illegal immigrants in this country. It doesn't matter what laws they broke to get into this country...sheer numbers make it impossible to do anything about it. People can bitch and moan about it, but welcome to the real world, it is impossible to arrest 30 million people.

Many posters seem to view the illegals as a parasite trying to take over our country. At the turn of the last century, it was thought that Eastern European immigrants were going to bring down capitalism and most Americans thought the 'new wave' of immigrants intended on bringing communism and anarchy to American soil.

It is funny how history repeats itself.

Two previous points have eluded you:

The major corporations hiring illegals also give campaign donations to our politicians. Needless to say, our politicians will not be putting any kind of teeth into bills that go after the large companies employing illegals.

Perhaps you should be less defeatist and actually try to do anything. You're giving me this attitude of 'well, all the politicians are bought by big business, so there is absolutely nothing we can do.' That is fucking bullshit. Do something about it.

Secondly, there are tens of millions of illegal immigrants in this country. It doesn't matter what laws they broke to get into this country...sheer numbers make it impossible to do anything about it. People can bitch and moan about it, but welcome to the real world, it is impossible to arrest 30 million people.

It seems my point has eluded you. My point was that if we start fining businesses up the ass for hiring illegal workers, then guess what...business will stop hiring them when we give them a $100,000 fine per worker. Once the under-the-table jobs dry up, many of the illegals will leave on their own. But we can't fine the businesses until I get the lazy people off their asses to do the right thing and end the rule of big business in Washington DC.

Many posters seem to view the illegals as a parasite trying to take over our country. At the turn of the last century, it was thought that Eastern European immigrants were going to bring down capitalism and most Americans thought the 'new wave' of immigrants intended on bringing communism and anarchy to American soil.

There was a big difference; many of the Eastern European immigrants who came at the turn of the century did so LEGALLY. I am all for legal immigration. In fact I believe part of our anti-illegal immigration legislation should be an increase in the number of legal immigrants allowed in the country.

Forum List

Back