It's Not Just One IG, At Least 3

Actually AG's are supposed to be independent as well.
The POTUS HAS unrestricted power to fire those. Every President has exercised that power, be it Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and both Bush's.

Incorrect. You can't do it for political reasons.

what part of "serves at the pleasure of" confuses you?
they're usually fired for political reasons. they belong to the wrong party.

Yes, it does matter. The POTUS cannot remove these IGs until after the 30 days has expired. The law is clear, counselor.

And as to the smears Obama has put out on Walprin being "confused" and maybe even senile? No dice, he passed the test on that just yesterday.

And even if so, Jillian, he now has a ADA claim does he not? Yes, he does.

Umm, care to provide proof that Walperin has been locked out and can't enter?

How exactly did Walperin prove that he wasn't confused?

And no, he doesn't have an ADA claim.
Walprin took the standard test the APA used to diagnose senility, confusion, and dementia and passed with flying colors.

Link?
He not only SAYS he is locked out, he also has a termination letter which is quite clear.

Link?

What about the other two IGs who have been dismissed? Aren't you getting maybe just a LITTLE bit suspicious? Maybe just a tiny bit curious? Maybe even just a smidgen cynical?

I haven't heard much about them.

If he's still being paid for the next 30 days, it doesn't matter that his stuff was packed, IMO. And if this is true, then one would understand why he'd be out....
Yes, it does matter. The POTUS cannot remove these IGs until after the 30 days has expired. The law is clear, counselor.

And as to the smears Obama has put out on Walprin being "confused" and maybe even senile? No dice, he passed the test on that just yesterday.

I see a lot of assertions from you without any evidence. I'm afraid I can't offer any opinions without that. I'm kind of funny that way.

As for an ADA claim, how do you figure?
First off, I posted the LAW earlier. The one that spells it out clearly, these IGs cannot be removed until AFTER the 30-day notice has expired.

Under the Americans with Disabilities act, dementia and senility -- and even AGE -- are protected. The employer is required to attempt to make accommodations. This applies to the hiring process as well as to the termination process.

Here's an account of the firing, from Walprin himself:

Gerald Walpin speaks: The inside story of the AmeriCorps firing | Washington Examiner

Here's Hot Air's take on the test, not that you'll read it or watch the video:

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Sweet: Glenn Beck gives Gerald Walpin a senility test

I know none of you Obamaphiles really care what Obama does. That's a given. But my own optimism of the human being allows me to at least try to get your brain cells working again. Because I am optimistic that you still have them, somewhere in the foggy haze of Obama cult worship.

I see a lot of assertions from you without any evidence. I'm afraid I can't offer any opinions without that. I'm kind of funny that way.

First off, I posted the LAW earlier. The one that spells it out clearly, these IGs cannot be removed until AFTER the 30-day notice has expired.

Under the Americans with Disabilities act, dementia and senility -- and even AGE -- are protected. The employer is required to attempt to make accommodations. This applies to the hiring process as well as to the termination process.

Gerald Walpin speaks: The inside story of the AmeriCorps firing | Washington Examiner

I know none of you Obamaphiles really care what Obama does. That's a given. But my own optimism of the human being allows me to at least try to get your brain cells working again. Because I am optimistic that you still have them, somewhere in the foggy haze of Obama cult worship.

Ouch...caught in a lie.

From Walperin himself

Eisen said, 'You can either resign, or I'll tell you that we'll have to terminate you.'"

Telling Walperin that he can resign isn't firing him. If Walperin resigns, there is no need to wait the 30 days, is there? But, since they are firing him and hes not resigning, the 30 day period goes into effect.

Umm...the ADA test was administered by Glenn Beck? And you take it seriously? Are you fucking kidding?

The AGs aren't independent, but they are lawyers, and are subject to Bar Assoc. rules on ethics. (Some of the ethics rules I have heard of are pretty immoral, but it is a restrictive craft guild, so that is pretty part for the course)
The ethics rules make it clear that they are officers of the court and they are forbidden certain kinds of behavior. So even if they get a direct order to do such and such, their status as "officer of the court" theoretically prevents that.
For example, they have to recuse themselves if they know their client is planning perjury, they can't advice on how to best break the law (but after it is broken, they can advice on how to best avoid the consequences)

As we saw in the clinton years, and as we are seeing now, this isn't really such a big deal to a lot of folks.

Ouch...caught in a lie.

From Walperin himself

Eisen said, 'You can either resign, or I'll tell you that we'll have to terminate you.'"

Telling Walperin that he can resign isn't firing him. If Walperin resigns, there is no need to wait the 30 days, is there? But, since they are firing him and hes not resigning, the 30 day period goes into effect.
"Resign or be fired" IS firing! For criminy's sakes! You think this is a loophole in the law? Now you're being intentionally dishonest, defending your Messiah blindly like a good little mindless cult follower.

Umm...the ADA test was administered by Glenn Beck? And you take it seriously? Are you fucking kidding?
It was the APA test. Try watching the dude take the test on live TV then ask yourself if YOU could pass it.

The POTUS HAS unrestricted power to fire those. Every President has exercised that power, be it Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and both Bush's.

So the president can fire an AG for refusing to have sex w/ him? Or refusing to give him $10,000?

Ouch...caught in a lie.

From Walperin himself

"Resign or be fired" IS firing! For criminy's sakes! You think this is a loophole in the law? Now you're being intentionally dishonest, defending your Messiah blindly like a good little mindless cult follower.

It was the APA test. Try watching the dude take the test on live TV then ask yourself if YOU could pass it.

Resign or be fired is firing someone? How do you figure that? Notice that the term is "be fired". That is to say, will be fired in the future.

So the president can fire an AG for refusing to have sex w/ him? Or refusing to give him $10,000?

first of all, it's u.s. attorneys, not AGs-there's only one AG.
and yes, the president can fire them for any reason s/he wishes or no reason at all.

as far as that goes, the same goes for the AG.

you should get out more.

and yes, the president can fire them for any reason s/he wishes or no reason at all.

you should get out more.

Wtf? You are actually saying that the president can fire a US attorney for refusing to have sex with him? You really aren't this stupid, are you?

I saw the law. And as I said, if he's still on salary, he's not terminated. Is he still on salary?

And not to offend, but why would anything Glen Beck purports to do interest me?

And like I said, bloggers aren't evidence.

BTW, just to bring you up to speed... I'm not and have never been an "obamaphile". I supported Hillary. I VOTED for Obama because he kicked the butts of the guys YOU ran. And the thought of Sarah Palin being a heartbeat away from the presidency made my stomach turn. That neither means unwavering support nor unreasonable criticism.

I've just found, as usual, that the whining right offers nothing credible and asked for something that actually is reliable before offering any opinion on the firing other than the fact that y'all are making a lot of noise before knowing anything; 2) who are these cronies you referred to (since that's a pretty heavy word); and 3) where were you and yours when the last admin tried to use the AG's as his own personal political strike force?

finally, i'm so not interested in either left or right wingnut blogs.

you should get out more.

Wtf? You are actually saying that the president can fire a US attorney for refusing to have sex with him? You really aren't this stupid, are you?

and we come back to what part of "serves at the pleasure of the president" confuses you? certainly, the us attorney in your ridiculous example would have recourse, but s/he wouldn't have a job.

or do you think when clinton had reno fire all the us attorneys in 1993, every single one of them was fired for cause?

pull your head out of your ass and take a deep breath; your brain is clearly starved for oxygen.

How stupid. I don't suppose it occurred to Glenn Beck that Mr. Walpin might have been SOBER when he took the silly test, and a little tipsy during meetings. He wanted to work from home? Hmmm... Why? Does Beck even remember that he once didn't know the time of day?

Here's another news flash: Early Alzheimers patients would also be able to pass such a childish test.

There's more to this story than meets the eye[balls] of Glenn Beck and the other foxhounds.

Then perhaps you should educate yourself before speaking, eh?

IG's are appointed by the president. They are fired by the president. They serve at his pleasure.

:lol: Aren't you even capable of doing a simple google search? Why don't you read up on how Obama voted on this situation whenever he was a senator? Do you even realize what the situation is here? I'm guessing not. :lol:

Yes, I'm aware. The president has to give a reason to Congress as to why he fired the IG. Congress can like the reason, dislike the reason, but really can't do all that much about it.

Here is the specific language.

An Inspector General may be removed from office by the President. The President shall communicate the reasons for any such removal to both Houses of Congress.

Does it say anywhere that Congress can object?

Does it say anywhere the Congress can object if the President fires Attorneys and especially after they have served their 4 year term? If you were opset by that where the Justice Department has a team of UNAPPOINTED lawyers and staff to preserve and carry on any investigation or case, but find no problem with firing IG's because they dared to investigate the President's friends, I have a couple words for you.....

My favorite word pertaining to obamaworshippers..

HYPOCRITES

I don't think that really works. If that was all there was to it, they wouldn't be so dangerous.

They are messianics. Truth must be subject to the higher truth. what gets in the way of the higher truth. If it were just a case of hypocrisy, there wouldn't be so much heat.

Our odd feelings that the rules should be universal gets in the way of the higher goal. Sure there are little bits of fudging here and there, but those are just a few little eggs being broken for the omelet of the new millennium. Those who insist on rules that get in the way of the goal are the true evildoers, not the sticky fingered ones who are building the path to glory.

Nope, the AGs do, not IG. That would be Congress.

See Nik, education is a good thing. Get off of the Huffington post and really understand the issues, maybe you'll learn something.

Yes, we should all be glued to FoxNews, Limbaugh, and read WorldNetDaily. Stuff is beginning to emerge about Wilpin (sp) displaying a few screws loose in meetings leading up to his firing. Of course waiting to see if there are VALID reasons for replacing these people isn't part of this latest witchhunt. Imagine that.

Yeah, I'm sure there are. :lol: Funny how stuff is 'now coming out' to discredit him, and people like you and your fellow libs will eat it up and spew it everywhere you go as fact. Someday that tactic is going to stop working or backfire, just because you say something over and over again doesn't make it fact. The lemmings on the left are very predictable tho, all the elite have to do is get it out there on the right blogs and it spreads like wildfire and none of you give a damn as to whether there's any truth to any of it, you'll just continue to spread it.

If he's still being paid for the next 30 days, it doesn't matter that his stuff was packed, IMO. And if this is true, then one would understand why he'd be out....

The left's attempt to smear anyone that can do them any damage, and the lemmings swallow the bait whole as usual.

Forum List

Back