It's not just health care Obama finds confusing

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Before presenting tennis legend Billie Jean King with the Medal of Freedom Wednesday, President Obama ticked off some ...

... of her accomplishments: 12 Grand Slam titles, 101 doubles titles, 67 singles titles.

“Pretty good, Billie Jean,” he quipped.

But he didn’t get any of it right, according to King herself.

“They didn’t get any of my facts right,” King lightheartedly noted afterward. “Did you see all the – how many titles I won? I was cracking up.”

“Not even in the ballpark,” she continued.

King found it amusing, and said her accomplishments on the court aren’t the most important.

“I thought it was adorable,” she said.

Asked what Obama got wrong, she said, “Well the Grand Slam’s at 39 not at 12.”

“That’s not what’s important,” she explained. So when Obama got it wrong, “I thought even was more cute...I go, ‘Oh that’s really sweet.’ Like, just move on, get off the tennis stuff. Tennis was a platform.”

POLITICO 44 | A Living Diary of the Obama Presidency

I only have one question. If you can get a Medal of Freedom for being pretty good at playing tennis does that mean if you are pretty good at playing checkers are you in line for one of these medals? Or do you have to be a lesbian so the President can give out a medal to one of the special interest groups that supported him during the election? Payback to the homosexual community I do believe. What a cheapening of the real meaning of one of these medals.

I only have one question. If you can get a Medal of Freedom for being pretty good at playing tennis does that mean if you are pretty good at playing checkers are you in line for one of these medals? Or do you have to be a lesbian so the President can give out a medal to one of the special interest groups that supported him during the election? Payback to the homosexual community I do believe. What a cheapening of the real meaning of one of these medals.

I'm sure President Obama would say that anyone who possesses the courage, character and creative intelligence necessary to win checker games deserves special recognition and honors, but when members of minority groups are singled out for their accomplishments, the whole world of checker players, indeed, our entire society can better appreciate the benefits of greater diversity at our nation's checkerboards.

Or do you have to be a lesbian so the President can give out a medal to one of the special interest groups that supported him during the election? Payback to the homosexual community I do believe. What a cheapening of the real meaning of one of these medals.

History isn't one of your strong points is it? Have you beaten your wife today?

More sour grapes.
Yeah...... Just imagine if this had been Booooosh.... All partisan hacks such as yourself, the entire MSM, all late-night talkers -- wouldn't shut up about it for months. And Billy Jean wouldn't be laughing it off.

Oh wait -- you don't have to imagine it, you know.

Forum List

Back