It's Not An Option

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Angel Heart, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    Investors.com - It's Not An Option

Link to the bill:

http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/pdf/publications/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

2. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    It's obvious we are living out a "1984 world" with this administration and this congress. Part of their deception is to write a 1,100 page bill and then claim they haven't read it, because "Who could?"

The truth about that is that they have platoons of staff to stand in as their readers and can read it piecemeal. They know exactly what's in their bills. They just don't want us to be aware. That's why they gave it to the loyal opposition as a "document-dump" to curtail their ability to give it the light of day.

So it's right there, a provision right on page 16 of the bill making individual private medical insurance illegal.

If you believed Obama when he said you could keep your private plan, then It's congress that's telling us the truth but under the deepest of obfuscation, or did they make the same claim as Obama? I'm losing track of who said what.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  3. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,726
    I think there should be an ammendment to any health care bill that Congress passes that states they must immediately become enrolled, along with the President and all other government employees, into the system they pass as law and they are forbidden to have any other form of health insurance. I also think everybody should contact their appropriate members of Congress and demand this be added. I have already contacted mine in this regard.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1