It's Not An Option

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
Investors.com - It's Not An Option

It's Not An Option
Posted 07/15/2009 06:46 PM ET

Congress: It didn't take long to run into an "uh-oh" moment when reading the House's "health care for all Americans" bill. Right there on Page 16 is a provision making individual private medical insurance illegal.

When we first saw the paragraph Tuesday, just after the 1,018-page document was released, we thought we surely must be misreading it. So we sought help from the House Ways and Means Committee.

It turns out we were right: The provision would indeed outlaw individual private coverage. Under the Orwellian header of "Protecting The Choice To Keep Current Coverage," the "Limitation On New Enrollment" section of the bill clearly states:

"Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day" of the year the legislation becomes law.

More...

Link to the bill:

http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/pdf/publications/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

Under the Orwellian header of "Protecting The Choice To Keep Current Coverage," the "Limitation On New Enrollment" section of the bill clearly states:

"Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day" of the year the legislation becomes law....."

It's obvious we are living out a "1984 world" with this administration and this congress. Part of their deception is to write a 1,100 page bill and then claim they haven't read it, because "Who could?"

The truth about that is that they have platoons of staff to stand in as their readers and can read it piecemeal. They know exactly what's in their bills. They just don't want us to be aware. That's why they gave it to the loyal opposition as a "document-dump" to curtail their ability to give it the light of day.

So it's right there, a provision right on page 16 of the bill making individual private medical insurance illegal.

If you believed Obama when he said you could keep your private plan, then It's congress that's telling us the truth but under the deepest of obfuscation, or did they make the same claim as Obama? I'm losing track of who said what.

Last edited:
I think there should be an ammendment to any health care bill that Congress passes that states they must immediately become enrolled, along with the President and all other government employees, into the system they pass as law and they are forbidden to have any other form of health insurance. I also think everybody should contact their appropriate members of Congress and demand this be added. I have already contacted mine in this regard.

Forum List

Back