its not a death tax ..

You're not paying estate taxes so, I wouldn't worry about it. It's really only those in the top 10% income earners and 40% of that in the top 0.1%.

Who pays the estate tax?

Only an estimated 80 small farms and closely held businesses—estates with farm and business assets totaling no more than $5 million and making up at least half of gross estate—will pay any estate tax in 2017. Such estates will represent about 1 percent of all taxable estate tax returns.
so for you you merely tell them to fk off? ain't that white of you.

They can afford it, and aren't you kind of a sissy? The word is fuck.
again, thanks for being so white. I love how you feel you know everyone's financial burdens. I bet you're a lib.

Isn't that what conservatives do when they claim the estate tax is so burdensome?
burdensome, no, double taxation, yes.

It's simply not true.

https://www.cbpp.org/archiveSite/6-17-05tax.pdf

It's already been taxed dumbass.
Taxes were paid by the deceased person. It is new income to the person that inherits the money. There are all kinds of ways for the deceased person to have made arrangements before they became deceased to have minimized the taxes on the inheritance before they became deceased. For whatever reason, they did not. But any way you look at it, it is a windfall income of new money to the persons who inherit the funds. That windfall of income to the person inheriting has not been taxed by the person receiving the income.

these morons are all over the page ... one says ubre-rich sports team families cant afford IT's and another says big shots dont pay taxes.

they should get a room and get their shit straight ...

Well it was difficult for the Rooney family to come up with the cash for the taxes, and further back in time Jack Kent Cooke's kid flat out could not, but the franchises had not been structured to pay the taxes. Sports franchises are interesting examples of what the tax does. Owners pay themselves salaries to be CEOs or some such shit. And they write off private planes, limodrivers, chefs ... and maybe hookers and blow .. as business expenses. But they don't pay much in income taxes. The REAL MONEY is in the value of the franchise ... which appreciates YUUUGELY. It is passive income. So, the question is whether the Rooney family should be treated somehow differently than the third or fourth generation of Rockefellers or Fords, who really don't contribute much to society from simply sitting on a pile of cash some old reprobate they never even met made? LOL

my family owned the Yankees for decades and a bank wouldnt loan the money to pay taxes ????????

one phone call and its handled.
funny, now you want them to go into debt. it's double taxation plain and simple bubba.
Just because you are stuck on repeating that talking point over and over does not make it true. Money gets taxed over and over again whenever it changes hands and becomes a persons "income". When funds are transferred into your control those funds become your "income". They are funds you did not have yesterday or last week but funds you now have. You have never paid taxes on those funds. Somebody else did. Those funds are an all new source of revenue for you.

so for you you merely tell them to fk off? ain't that white of you.

again, thanks for being so white. I love how you feel you know everyone's financial burdens. I bet you're a lib.

Isn't that what conservatives do when they claim the estate tax is so burdensome?

It's simply not true.

thanks for the laugh. so is the money taxed as a capital gains? I'm fine with that, but it isn't an estate tax then. It is a capital gains tax. we have that. so what I conclude from the poorly written link is that there is no need for an estate tax. because capital gains is only the money made on top of the original investment, not on the entire investment. Please.

Taxes were paid by the deceased person. It is new income to the person that inherits the money. There are all kinds of ways for the deceased person to have made arrangements before they became deceased to have minimized the taxes on the inheritance before they became deceased. For whatever reason, they did not. But any way you look at it, it is a windfall income of new money to the persons who inherit the funds. That windfall of income to the person inheriting has not been taxed by the person receiving the income.

these morons are all over the page ... one says ubre-rich sports team families cant afford IT's and another says big shots dont pay taxes.

they should get a room and get their shit straight ...

Well it was difficult for the Rooney family to come up with the cash for the taxes, and further back in time Jack Kent Cooke's kid flat out could not, but the franchises had not been structured to pay the taxes. Sports franchises are interesting examples of what the tax does. Owners pay themselves salaries to be CEOs or some such shit. And they write off private planes, limodrivers, chefs ... and maybe hookers and blow .. as business expenses. But they don't pay much in income taxes. The REAL MONEY is in the value of the franchise ... which appreciates YUUUGELY. It is passive income. So, the question is whether the Rooney family should be treated somehow differently than the third or fourth generation of Rockefellers or Fords, who really don't contribute much to society from simply sitting on a pile of cash some old reprobate they never even met made? LOL

my family owned the Yankees for decades and a bank wouldnt loan the money to pay taxes ????????

one phone call and its handled.
funny, now you want them to go into debt. it's double taxation plain and simple bubba.
Just because you are stuck on repeating that talking point over and over does not make it true. Money gets taxed over and over again whenever it changes hands and becomes a persons "income". When funds are transferred into your control those funds become your "income". They are funds you did not have yesterday or last week but funds you now have. You have never paid taxes on those funds. Somebody else did. Those funds are an all new source of revenue for you.
what a bunch of hooey. It is a family monies. It's the entire argument. and it was taxed so it is therefore double taxed. No investment was made by the siblings if it is mom and dad's money. none. there is no earnings to call it income.

It's simply not true.

thanks for the laugh. so is the money taxed as a capital gains? I'm fine with that, but it isn't an estate tax then. It is a capital gains tax. we have that. so what I conclude from the poorly written link is that there is no need for an estate tax. because capital gains is only the money made on top of the original investment, not on the entire investment. Please.

When heirs eventually sell the inherited assets, they only pay capital gains tax on the difference between the value when inherited and the sale price. Thus, it is possible to avoid paying capital gains tax on asset appreciation during a person's lifetime.Estate taxes might affect the aggregate capital stock.

now you can sit back and stfu.

It's simply not true.

The recipient of the money is taxed.

It's simply not true.

When heirs eventually sell the inherited assets, they only pay capital gains tax on the difference between the value when inherited and the sale price. Thus, it is possible to avoid paying capital gains tax on asset appreciation during a person's lifetime.Estate taxes might affect the aggregate capital stock.

selling assets should be taxed, I have no issue with that at all. the mere fact that the government is entitled to money that is already taxed in a family, is double taxation. Capital gains takes care of the gains.

It's simply not true.

why? why are you afraid of me spending my mom and dad's money? I pay sales tax on anything I buy.

It's simply not true.

selling assets should be taxed, I have no issue with that at all. the mere fact that the government is entitled to money that is already taxed in a family, is double taxation. Capital gains takes care of the gains.

Nope, doesn't work that way.

Thank god Donald Trump has people like you defending their best interests.

It's simply not true.

why? why are you afraid of me spending my mom and dad's money? I pay sales tax on anything I buy.

You? You personally? Trust me, I'm not concerned with how you spend your mom and dad;s $20k savings account.

You make the money.
- The government demands / takes their share.

You buy the farm.
- The government takes their 'pound of flesh' during the sale and every year you own it.

You die and leave the money to a family member.
- The government steps in and demands / takes a portion of the money that has already been taxed.

You leave the farm to your son.
- The govt steps in and demands to be paid a portion for the property that was already taxed initially and every year you owned it. This tax can be so high the son has to SELL the land the father worked his whole life to have and that has been in the family 'forever'

WTF?!

There is so much that defies common sense and 'fairness'.

I own my own home. I want to remodel MY bathroom in MY house on MY property...but I can't do it because the government says I have to pay them for a 'PERMIT' to renovate MY bathroom in MY house on MY property.

Again, WTF?!

Yeah, I know - 'It is what it is'. Great explanation.

You make the money.
- The government demands / takes their share.

You buy the farm.
- The government takes their 'pound of flesh' during the sale and every year you own it.

You die and leave the money to a family member.
- The government steps in and demands / takes a portion of the money that has already been taxed.

You leave the farm to your son.
- The govt steps in and demands to be paid a portion for the property that was already taxed initially and every year you owned it. This tax can be so high the son has to SELL the land the father worked his whole life to have and that has been in the family 'forever'

WTF?!

There is so much that defies common sense and 'fairness'.

I own my own home. I want to remodel MY bathroom in MY house on MY property...but I can't do it because the government says I have to pay them for a 'PERMIT' to renovate MY bathroom in MY house on MY property.

Again, WTF?!

Yeah, I know - 'It is what it is'. Great explanation.

The estate tax usually accounts for a very small portion of the estate when it comes to family farms/businesses. Farms being sold to pay the estate tax is a myth.

It's simply not true.

You? You personally? Trust me, I'm not concerned with how you spend your mom and dad;s $20k savings account.
at a 7% sales tax rate, the government gets $1,400. same as if I already had 20k and did exactly the same thing. that's fair.

The estate tax usually accounts for a very small portion of the estate when it comes to family farms/businesses. Farms being sold to pay the estate tax is a myth.
The AMOUNT doesn't even rally matter (IMO) - it's the fact that the government is demanding more taxes be paid on the land / home / money that tax has already been paid on.

at a 7% sales tax rate, the government gets $1,400. same as if I already had 20k and did exactly the same thing. that's fair.

You inherit money and your first thought is how to spend it? Obviously, you're a financial genius.

You inherit money and your first thought is how to spend it? Obviously, you're a financial genius.
well yes, now I can afford a car. wow I'm going for it.

"There are going to be 2.6 million people [who] die this year in the United States," but there will be only about 5,000 tax returns that will owe estate taxes, he said in a wide-ranging interview.

Buffett said because the estate tax impacts only a small percentage of Americans, getting rid of it would not cause widespread problems.

"If they pass the bill they're talking about, I could leave $75 billion to a bunch of children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And if I left it to 35 of them, they'd each have a couple billion dollars," Buffett said. He then asked rhetorically, "Is that a great way to allocate resources in the United States?"

World's second richest man Warren Buffett thinks it's a mistake to eliminate the estate tax

$S-E-V-E-N-T-Y F-I-V-E- B-I-L-L-I-O-N ...

LennySquiggy.jpg

"If they pass the bill they're talking about, I could leave $75 billion to a bunch of children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And if I left it to 35 of them, they'd each have a couple billion dollars," Buffett said. He then asked rhetorically, "Is that a great way to allocate resources in the United States?"

Yes, letting the owners give it to their family (or friends or whatever), is better than giving it to idiot politicians to waste.

well yes, now I can afford a car. wow I'm going for it.

Bad investment.

New Topics

Forum List

Back